• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Bomani outchea on Twitter killing Church's chicken.

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 1h 1 hour ago
i’m always shocked to see how many of our caucasian brothers and sisters like church’s chicken. i don’t even try to understand.

only seasoning on church’s is cholesterol. the bad kind.

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 55m 55 minutes ago
church’s: for when you left your wallet at home and must buy dinner with what’s in your ashtray.

andthebeatgoeson

6cuopfh.jpg
It's a trap.Gif

18 years breh. That tattoo will turn into Chinese characters.

MIMIC

Banned
Watching the news about Selma and the anniversary of the march on CNN. Have you guys seen the movie? It's about 20 miles past amazing; captured the historical context perfectly. It REALLY got to me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Bomani outchea on Twitter killing Church's chicken.

i’m always shocked to see how many of our caucasian brothers and sisters like church’s chicken. i don’t even try to understand.

only seasoning on church’s is cholesterol. the bad kind.

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 55m 55 minutes ago
church’s: for when you left your wallet at home and must buy dinner with what’s in your ashtray.

who is this person exactly?

Malyse

Watching the news about Selma and the anniversary of the march on CNN. Have you guys seen the movie? It's about 20 miles past amazing; captured the historical context perfectly. It REALLY got to me.
If only the oscars agreed.
#stillsalty

fucking Jax, gets mad help on me and i end up 0/6/1 and he was 6/0/1 then they leave me alone. Boom get my easy farm and power spikes and bam end game 10/10/8 and we win. It sucks that the Pro's play Viktor b/c they know to just fuck me early and i'm useless

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
can I be real for a moment ?

while I become less ignorant my tolerance doesn't seem to follow suit.
As a minority myself I hate the natural reaction I have to some subjects but I'd be lying if I said negative feelings weren't there.

Not sure if the question can be answered but how do I change this if education isn't helping ?

royalan

As a minority myself I hate the natural reaction I have to some subjects but I'd be lying if I said negative feelings weren't there.

Not sure if the question can be answered but how do I change this if education isn't helping ?

Self-awareness.

Be aware of these prejudices and intolerance you have, understand they are irrational, and think critically about how they may have sprung up.

Self-awareness.

Be aware of these prejudices and intolerance you have, understand they are irrational, and think critically about how they may have sprung up.

Yeah, this. I'm self-aware as hell and while that can make things a little... deprecated, it ultimately goes a long way in terms of tolerance and empathy and whatnot.

Subzero must be my spirit animal.

wut

Booshka

Sucks so hard that Dark Souls on PC has borked online, takes forever to connect to players, playerbases are randomly segregated, all kinds of dumb shit. My XBL Gold lapsed and I just wanna do some invasions, but PC DkS1 is dead as fuck. GFWL cursing that game from the grave.

Whatever, back to drinking.

Booshka

Isn't Dark Souls I off GFWL? I thought they migrated it to Steam?

They did, but the migration process hasn't been smooth, it's still technically a Steam Beta stage. The online isn't as open as it should be, and it takes forever for the game to pool IP's/Players, if it does it all. So you have to wait around for a bit to try and get any action. It's just really inconsistent, so co op, invasions and general online activity is very spotty. Really frustrating, since it is by far the best way to play the game.

Paulina Singer bruvs.

tumblr_n0no3ujN6h1qcn7tvo1_1280.jpg

They did, but the migration process hasn't been smooth, it's still technically a Steam Beta stage. The online isn't as open as it should be, and it takes forever for the game to pool IP's/Players, if it does it all. So you have to wait around for a bit to try and get any action. It's just really inconsistent, so co op, invasions and general online activity is very spotty. Really frustrating, since it is by far the best way to play the game.

Ah I see. Damn that sounds shitty.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Angelus you have never lied about women. She's gorgeous.

Some of the suggestions in that "Music to make love to" thread have me dying. Jurassic park theme and Zelda shop music...lmao

royalan

Is Person of Interest that show that did Taraji P Henson's character dirty for 3 seasons then dumped her before she found unrivaled success on the hottest show on television, Empire?

I gotta see this thread you guys are talking about.

amy acker is wack as hell. taraji and shahi tho....phew

Too bad Nolan decided to off Taraji and now she's on Empire...a damn shame. Taraji is wife for life...and Tamala Jones.

I love me Amy Acker tho, I'll always call her Fred tho.

Is Person of Interest that show that did Taraji P Henson's character dirty for 3 seasons then dumped her before she found unrivaled success on the hottest show on television, Empire?

Honestly her character arc is easily the best to include her ending. It's a complete story which is better than 98% of black characters get on shows (RIP Tripp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom