• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I wonder if the pain lasts for a second or more being hit buy a bus or train.
People who go this way die a fucking horrible death, some even survive paralyzed or with lost limbs. And what's more they can cause other accidents to happen and emotionally scar the spectators and any other people involved. Terrible thing, don't consider it for a second.

Jacir

Add in Paula Patton, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, and Gabrielle Union and I'm game.

Yes to this

I need a movie with Taraji P. Henson, Sanaa Lathan, and Nicole Beharie, like some true detective shit or something, id pay good money for that.

A louder yes to this. All these women in movie would be glorious. Hallelujah let me get a amen!

Biggest box office flop since John Carter.

No you didnt. No one wants Disney characters in this film. Do you?

FyreWulff

being hit by a train often ends up with the train-ee being rolled under the train for a good half mile, but limbless and being dragged along by the coupling knuckles between each car

train engineers often retire after they hit someone due to the sound of it alone

Booshka

being hit by a train often ends up with the train-ee being rolled under the train for a good half mile, but limbless and being dragged along by the coupling knuckles between each car

train engineers often retire after they hit someone due to the sound of it alone

This reads like the lyrics to a Cannibal Corpse song.

FyreWulff

fyre is there an off switch to that Green Lantern-level knowledge base you're plugged up to

in this case, i've lived next to a Union Pacific switchyard for most of my life and as a young kid, wanted to build model train sets (OG IRL Forge) and become a train engineer. UP's headquarters are here in Omaha

And then I become someone's friend and their dad was an engineeer for UP. And after the stories I was like, "computer programming looks good"

I wonder if the pain lasts for a second or more being hit buy a bus or train.

man...

iSObGCdYvIiwo.gif

Crocodile

Just came back from Kingsman. Movie was pretty damn awesome. Most anime thing I've seen in a while (though given its based on a comic book that's not surprising). Action sequences were great. I could actually see shit :) Also Sofia Boutella/Gazelle was one of the better "Dragons" in some time. I'm going to pay more attention to movies she is in.

Just came back from Kingsman. Movie was pretty damn awesome. Most anime thing I've seen in a while (though given its based on a comic book that's not surprising). Action sequences were great. I could actually see shit :) Also Sofia Boutella/Gazelle was one of the better "Dragons" in some time. I'm going to pay more attention to movies she is in.

It's based on a comic? The fuck? I wonder why does Hollywood mainly use stories from pre-existing works and claim because they already have established fanbases. Now I be around a lot of comic book geeks and I never heard of Kingsman. They can't really think it would guarantee such a big profit based off its fanbase.

Jacir

Not sure if I would care if it was a Tyler Perry movie with all those women.
I think I would cuz I'm tired of him
. Just a thought man.

Malyse

It's based on a comic? The fuck? I wonder why does Hollywood mainly use stories from pre-existing works and claim because they already have established fanbases. Now I be around a lot of comic book geeks and I never heard of Kingsman. They can't really think it would guarantee such a big profit based off its fanbase.
It's mark millar. He literally wrote it to make a movie later.

Also, fuck mark millar. He gets none of my money.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Haven't thought about it that way. I'll find something different then

RP912

Banned
Haven't thought about it that way. I'll find something different then

Why throw away the only thing that matters...your life because of some rainy days that come your way? You living another day is strength that you acquire. Why give it up? I been down that same path and the shit is no joke. The one thing that made me back away from ending it all is the thought of leaving the ones that matters in my life and the idea of letting my own obstacles become my tomb.

Remember joy comes in the morning...don't give up. Find something to fuel your pain in a positive light. Make music, bake a cake, walk outside, hell talk on GAF. Something to balance out the pain. You are not alone in this....

well Oklahoma's gonna have a fun week of media attention.

a video from their SAE chapter leaked of them singing "There'll never be a nigger in SAE"

i'm honestly surprised shit like this doesn't get exposed more often.

The kids aren't racist tho... It's just one little mistake...

Next post:

Oh he shoplifted once? Well I can't be surprised he would get killed by a cop, I mean, look at how aggressive he looked! I'm all for second chances but you can't be surprised that he's dead for all the bad he's done in the past...

andthebeatgoeson

Neo: your family and friends are more likely to do it if you do. Not that you need to be worried about other people. But it saved me.

This shit is all temporary. It all passes. Hit me up if you just need to vent.

Life threw me a softball. *fingers crossed*, might just work out with another girl.

Crush, if you are putting pussy that high up on a pedestal.. me thinks you need to replace it with your own happiness, not just a girls.

I've read your posts and all want to say is feel better & good luck. you won't lose your grip on this one. but if you do, keep fishing.

Crush, if you are putting pussy that high up on a pedestal.. me thinks you need to replace it with your own happiness, not just a girls.

I've read your posts and all want to say is feel better & good luck. you won't lose your grip on this one. but if you do, keep fishing.

Thanks, I'm good though. Really. Them learning curves, right? I'm just chilling with this girl and not doing any crazy overtures.

akira28

I asked this girl out, she said no. Kept talking, then she brought up if I was still interested, said yeah. She said nothing after that. I told her that I would delete her number because it wasn't going anywhere and I felt that I was bothering her. Buuut I'm still interested and I'm not sure what to do. We work together and I'm qutting soon, so I was thinking of A) asking her out again before I leave, B) Cooking her a nice dinner at work, C) Baking her a cake and asking her to wash it down with coffee with me after or D) Super weaksacue telling her that I made a mistake and want to reopen communication with her. Halp.

This is a post making fun of another GAF thread right?

Dinner at work, and cake? And coffee? She might miss you when you're gone but I would be surprised if she threw you a bone.

akira28

It's mark millar. He literally wrote it to make a movie later.

Also, fuck mark millar. He gets none of my money.

It did seem really corny like that in the comic. Like the bond dude was more Craig like than anything, and the Joss Whedon-esque pop culture parody seemed wedged in there too.

Like he took the Wanted formula and just knew this book would end up on some scriptwriter's desk someday.

It did seem really corny like that in the comic. Like the bond dude was more Craig like than anything, and the Joss Whedon-esque pop culture parody seemed wedged in there too.

Like he took the Wanted formula and just knew this book would end up on some scriptwriter's desk someday.

He's been writing comics as film scripts for years.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

i bet since wanted hes streamlined his movies better. shit like the unfunnies will never happen.

Akainu

well Oklahoma's gonna have a fun week of media attention.

a video from their SAE chapter leaked of them singing "There'll never be a nigger in SAE"

i'm honestly surprised shit like this doesn't get exposed more often.
Technically no it's not racism, but the word racist/racism has been misused so much by the general public that this may as well just be called racism.

Racism is believing one race is mentally or physically more capable than the other.

The young man in this video is singing about how blacks are not allowed in his club, he isnt saying hes superior or that theyre inferior, hes simply saying that he doesnt want blacks around.

Now, the reason he doesnt want black people around is a different story,

Considering hes saying "niggers not allowed" its likely hes a racist or just an idiot. I call him an idiot because there really is no sound rational way to defend the position that you dont want any one person from a particular race to be around you. It could maybe be done at a group level, but certainly not on an individual basis.
...riiight

JeanGrey

Good morning BCT!
Nothing better than waking up and the first thing I hear is this idiotic chant"There'll never be niggers in SAE."
WTF you mean that's not racism? Saying it not racist? Evening breaking down into the technical definition. The word nigger in it's self has been and will always be an act of being racist especially coming out of an ignorant jackass who if you wanna be techinical is the real nigger. So fuck him and his racist companions.THEY ARE RACIST!
Pardon the rant this just really got under my skin.

Now ya'll have a nice day. Happy times :)

Shaking my head at the posters saying those kids aren't racist. They're singing about hanging "niggers" from trees and thats not racist? What sort of bizarro world do some people live in? I didn't want to wake up to this...

Shaking my head at the posters saying those kids aren't racist. They're singing about hanging "niggers" from trees and thats not racist? What sort of bizarro world do some people live in? I didn't want to wake up to this...

To many people (idiots) it's only racist if they actually did hang blacks from a tree, and even then it's iffy, they'll need to wait for all the facts and hear both sides of the story and whatever other psuedo-intellectual BS people spew.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Don't know why people keep calling them kids when they are adults or even young adults but adults nevertheless. they knew what they were doing when they made that chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom