• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Banned
Claire Kyle going through divorce, ex-husband says she hasn't worked since "My Wife and Kids".

Meanwhile, Katie twerkin scramblin eggs in what seems to be a very nice house.
i8X2XcTAL1CEh.gif

I don't think I've ever been more turned on by a single GIF on my life.

I just noticed she's got socks on, one foot practically in the stove and she's standing on hard-tile floors

girl's going to be hot-footed one of these days

Kreed

Shaking my head at the posters saying those kids aren't racist. They're singing about hanging "niggers" from trees and thats not racist? What sort of bizarro world do some people live in? I didn't want to wake up to this...

There was one thing brought up in the thread that I didn't think much about:

Of course not. Greek Society on campuses are still pretty much segregated. Rarely do you have white guys pledging black organizations or vice-versa.

Particularly in the South, there is still a lot of self segregation that give these attitudes a place to "grow/be safe". Everything from churches to where you sit in the lunch room. It's one of those things you don't really think about when you grow up around it until it's brought to your attention.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
More games need to make fun of their players just for the fuckery. Dudes are legit insulted by it in that difficulty thread.
The OP of that thread is pathetic. I thought this was a good idea that someone else posted:
I want this to happen in a videogame one day:

"You've died three times in row, would would like to drop it to a lower difficulty?"

YES
NO

Player picks "YES"

"There is no lower difficulty."

and then the game loads to the most recent checkpoint or w/e.

For some reason (Hollywood), young white ids think that college is a no-mans land where they can just do whatever with no consequences.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
When it comes to bringing consequences for racist behavior, we have to look very carefully at every factor and practice empathy every step of the way.

RP912

Banned
My favorites games are the ones that make you feel like shit when you want to quit them, like Doom where it says something like "If you quit the game, you suck at life".

Malyse

Huh, didn't know that.

Also I am on the same page with mark millar.

if kickass 3 happens, i will be surprised.
The only thing I'll give him credit for is giving us Chloe Moretz, who I legitimately enjoy as an actress
and who would have been the perfect Molly Hayes in a Runaways film
, and getting Matthew Vaughn some appreciation. He made my favorite film of all time and I really want to see him succeed. Kickass 1 was good right up to the halfway point, when it stopped being a deconstruction of superhero movies and was just a superhero movie, Wanted was so far removed from the source that it was hardly the same story, and Kickass 2 got a preemptive fuck off due to the gang rape scene in the comic, Millar's desire to put that in the film, and his comments on females reading comics and rape not being a big deal. I fervently dislike him as a personality and I can't justify doing anything that would financially support him. I wish that Warren Ellis or Mark Waid or even Robert Kirkman could get the cinematic freedom that Millar does. Irredeemable or Invincible would be day one for me (though that's obviously a franchise, not a film).
tumblr_lkz7oj6dlT1qgk8hoo1_500.jpg

He also licks goats.
500px-Mark_millar_licks_goats.jpg

Village

Why's that? Out of curiosity.

You mind if I ask why?

I think it's some good natured ribbing for picking the lowest difficulty level.

I didn't even touch that thread. I knew it was gonna be a mess.

i'm one for messing with the player, i iljust always thought the joke was stupid. I dunno i thought the difficulty selection screen should be more encouragement than slightly insulting.

The only thing I'll give him credit for is giving us Chloe Moretz, who I legitimately enjoy as an actress
and who would have been the perfect Molly Hayes in a Runaways film
, and getting Matthew Vaughn some appreciation. He made my favorite film of all time and I really want to see him succeed. Kickass 1 was good right up to the halfway point, when it stopped being a deconstruction of superhero movies and was just a superhero movie, Wanted was so far removed from the source that it was hardly the same story, and Kickass 2 got a preemptive fuck off due to the gang rape scene in the comic, Millar's desire to put that in the film, and his comments on females reading comics and rape not being a big deal. I fervently dislike him as a personality and I can't justify doing anything that would financially support him. I wish that Warren Ellis or Mark Waid or even Robert Kirkman could get the cinematic freedom that Millar does. Irredeemable or Invincible would be day one for me (though that's obviously a franchise, not a film).
tumblr_lkz7oj6dlT1qgk8hoo1_500.jpg

He also licks goats.
500px-Mark_millar_licks_goats.jpg

He is indeed kind of a shit.kick ass was sao for me before sao happened.it went down a really messed up creepy hill it really didnt need too.

The OP shouldn't have used the words "insulting", but I get his overall point (Ninja Gaiden, etc...). Ignoring the joke part of the labeling, if you're labeling Easy mode (and only easy mode) with joke terms meant to discourage players from playing it, why even have the difficulty?

smmfh

Thanks for sharing this. This gave me an idea. I think I'll name the easiest difficulty mode in one of my games PussyPunkBitch.

It's funny the difficulty level topic came up because I was actually debating how to handle it in mine a few days ago. I'm thinking there's only going to be three difficulty levels - easy (for campaign tricking, strolling through and appreciating stuff with newbies / younger players, journalists, etc.), normal (way it's meant to be played) and then hard (all balance goes out the window and AI are fucking cheating bastards).

I was thinking maybe Traditional or Classic for the standard mode, but I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom