• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Was expecting those games to be shit at first but they were cool. I was sad to find out the newer one was not like the war of cyber-like.

Hopefully Platinum doesn't disappoint with theirs. All I really care about is whether or not they got the vehicle transformations down. That was one of my favorite things about the Cybertron games. Driving down a highway and jumping off of a ramp then transforming into robot form in midair. That and Grimlock.

Waiting to see whether or not Blizzard will reclaim my wallet with their new expansion tomorrow.

Jacir

The main character in Mafia III is black y'all

let's see how folks defend their 'I can't relate' posts in a Mafia game

MafiaIII_Harrassment.jpg

Oh shit. It looks dope. Im a little LTTP cuz I just woke up an hr ago.

Numb

Hopefully Platinum doesn't disappoint with theirs. All I really care about is whether or not they got the vehicle transformations down. That was one of my favorite things about the Cybertron games. Driving down a highway and jumping off of a ramp then transforming into robot form in midair. That and Grimlock.

Waiting to see whether or not Blizzard will reclaim my wallet with their new expansion tomorrow.

Only way they could mess it is due to having too much on their plate.
Even if it is not on the level of their previous titles it would still be an ok game compared to what we usually get with the licensed franchises.

Okay that was pretty dope. I had rented this game so many years ago and while it was quite flawed, it was unique and definitely could benefit from a sequel. The story only looks slightly less boring, but I didn't play the first for the story anyway. Looks like they got rid of red objects being directional signs which I think is a good choice. I noticed there was no gunplay in this despite her fighting enemies with guns. They might have removed gunplay entirely and if so that's fine by me; the gunplay in the original was the worst part of it, if they found a way to refine and make it fun fine, but if it's gone I won't miss it. They kept up the rampant speed when shit goes down which I like a lot.

zeemumu

Only way they could mess it is due to having too much on their plate.
Even if it is not on the level of their previous titles it would still be an ok game compared to what we usually get with the licensed franchises.

Licensed games have been getting progressively better. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the Spider-Man games, a shit-ton of Disney games, the Cybertron series, and the Arkham series have all been a blast.

I still need to play Mirrors Edge.

It's a really short game but definitely worth it.

Where you're from - Central New York
Where you live - Central New York
What is your age? - 28
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American/ Caucasian
Do you know your roots - On my mother's side
Favorite musical genre - rock and roll and metal
Your profession/major/career interest - none
Your religious affiliation - none
Hobbies - video games
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - I don't really like fried chicken

Welcome.

-----

I still need to play Mirrors Edge.

It's a really short game but definitely worth it.

I'll do it, it's on my PS3, I just haven't got round to it yet. Maybe over Christmas.

Numb

Licensed games have been getting progressively better. X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the Spider-Man games, a shit-ton of Disney games, the Cybertron series, and the Arkham series have all been a blast.

I haven't played the Spiderman games since on PS2 but i loved Wolverine and the Arkham games have proved themselves over and over again.
They are probably the best licensed games overall.
7455-the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-destruction.jpg

This was also my jam. Glad Prototype kept it going.
I also played a shit ton of Chicken little Ace in Action.

I haven't played the Spiderman games since on PS2 but i loved Wolverine and the Arkham games have proved themselves over and over again.
They are probably the best licensed games overall.
7455-the-incredible-hulk-ultimate-destruction.jpg

This was also my jam. Glad Prototype kept it going.
I also played a shit ton of Chicken little Ace in Action.

Spider-Man games really did peak with Spider-Man 2. How do you perfect swinging and then never use it again?

Numb

Spider-Man games really did peak with Spider-Man 2. How do you perfect swinging and then never use it again?

Saw vids of the newer ones and it didn't seem like how it was.
I heard that dude was using being the creator of that web swinging to start a kickstarter or something.
Shows you how awesome it was having street cred with that alone.

What's going on with FF15? I've stayed out of the loop just waiting for the game to come out but seems that a lot of negativity has been boiling up around it today. Can't get a good bead on what happened.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Welcome welcome welcome.
What about chicken nuggets?

Umm no, my fried chicken options are severely limited anyway.

I live in an area with many Italian Americans/ people of Italian descent so there are a lot of pizzerias and Italian restaurants.

I love eating their tomato pies, chicken riggies, pizza, pusties, Utica greens, half moon cookies, etc.

zeemumu

Ultimate Spider-Man was a really underrated game. It was the only post-Spider-Man 2 game that I actually liked.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Web of Shadows were my 2 favorite post-Spider-Man 2 open world games. The Shattered Dimension game was okay for what it was.

Numb

Umm no, my fried chicken options are severely limited anyway.

I live in an area with many Italian Americans/ people of Italian descent so there are a lot of pizzerias and Italian restaurants.

I love eating their tomato pies, chicken riggies, pizza, pusties, Utica greens, half moon cookies, etc.

Too many pizza places here aswell.There is literally 2 right outside my windowone in a bar and the other a regular one and if you want fried chicken you gotta go to McDonalds with their horrible horrible ones cos no one else has them. Why i get the nuggets since they are pretty good everywhere cos they are served in lunches along with meatballs.

If one more "black" person says some shit like "I know white kids that have afros what's the big deal?" I'm going to scream.

"Black people" like that honestly can't see how they are essentially throwing people under the bus, silencing them with obliviousness. So annoying.

Worst of all, I've seen and know a bunch in pretty high positions in multiple fields that do that garbage all the time.

Numb

that MGS V video brehs
Game of the year.
It was good but I preferred Spider-Man 2, it's definitely one of the better games though.
2 was indeed amazing.
Spiderman got so many games it's crazy compard to other heroes.
Thought the Avengers would blow up and get their own huge titles but they seem to be cool with the kids stuff. That Ironman game was straight stupid tho. I don't know if they made another one after it.

Shy

Mafia 3 , and cultural appropriation thread in one day.
k8a2mLq.gif

What is your age? - 28
Hobbies - video games
Welcome welcome, new fam.
that MGS V video brehs
Yep yep, this was my reaction to it.
dkgjHaY.gif

What is your age? - 28
Hobbies - video games
Everything's fine here, officer.
sass2.png

Where you're from - Michigan
Where you live - Michigan
What is your age? - 28
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
Do you know your roots - My slave master's last name was Lemon
Favorite musical genre - Hip hop, jazz, rock, alternative
Your profession/major/career interest - Accounting/business
Hobbies - Reading, sports, working out, PC master...nm, PC games
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - None. Anyone with decency would find a nice local fried chicken spot instead of stanning for wack to average franchises

What is your age? - 28
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - None. Anyone with decency would find a nice local fried chicken spot instead of stanning for wack to average franchises

Shy

What is your age? - 28
Hello hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom