• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Imagine having thanksgiving dinner at your grandma's house and think about all the good food you ate.

Now imagine if for thanksgiving dinner this year your grandma decided to just give everyone Boston Market instead of cooking. That's season 2.

Somehow you just made me hate Boston Market.

Dereck

Imagine having thanksgiving dinner at your grandma's house and think about all the good food you ate.

Now imagine if for thanksgiving dinner this year your grandma decided to just give everyone Boston Market instead of cooking. That's season 2.
lmao

Season 2 is NOT Boston Market bad..come on..lol.

Yall know that episode of Dragon Ball Z where the Guru Namek unlocks Gohan and Krillin's latent power? I swear thats what Windows 10 did to my PC...

zeemumu

For some reason I just got the thought in my head that maybe after the next inevitable reboot Lois actually ends up being black. Or maybe we just end up getting a standalone story that ends up being treated like an alternate universe.

People were complaining about Johnny Storm being black. Wait until they throw this twist into the next Fantastic Four movie.
doom-black-panther-s-sister-is-dr-doom-jpeg-26992.jpg
Maturity mallet?

Yep. It's on the wall of metaphorical weaponry, along with the ban hammer, the sword of justice, and the kitchen sink.

For some reason I just got the thought in my head that maybe after the next inevitable reboot Lois actually ends up being black. Or maybe we just end up getting a standalone story that ends up being treated like an alternate universe.
She'll be half Chilean and half black played by Emma Stone

8 days. I'm turning 21 in 8 days. Weird that the maturity mallet picked the last few weeks of being 20 to hit me.

There is no maturity mallet. Like any child, it's just you realizing that certain things are good ideas and bad ideas based on the experience you've had. Only difference is you've had 20 years of experience.

zeemumu

There is no maturity mallet. Like any child, it's just you realizing that certain things are good ideas and bad ideas based on the experience you've had. Only difference is you've had 20 years of experience.

Oh but there is. You learn stuff but there's a point where you feel it start to lock in. That's the mallet making contact with your skull.

RedSwirl

People were complaining about Johnny Storm being black. Wait until they throw this twist into the next Fantastic Four movie.

The detail about that I don't see a lot of people discussing is not only is Johnny Storm black, but his father is as well, meaning Susan, not Johnny, is the one who's adopted.

is season 2 of true detective really that bad? I see people badmouthing it all over.

no, it's not. GAF is full of failed english majors/wannabe writers projecting their failures onto Pizzaman.

The dialogue is bad at points, but the story is great and it's entertaining. That thread has been hijacked by the usual gaf groupthink.

Vince Vaugn is bad though, no excuse for him.

I'm sure there's a silent majority that still love it.

Was at the supermarket and saw a 20pack of Kodak heavy duty AA batteries for $2. I bought em though I've never heard anything about Kodak batteries. I bought 20 pack of sears die hard batteries on sale for $5 a few years ago and they were decent.

Basically for $2 I don't think I could go wrong.

JLynn

Yall know that episode of Dragon Ball Z where the Guru Namek unlocks Gohan and Krillin's latent power? I swear thats what Windows 10 did to my PC...

"Do I look Catholic to you?"

Sorry. TFS flashback.

Speaking of which me and the fiancée is traveling up north to Philly to visit family and she surprised me with Revival of F tickets on Sunday there.

Like I said, I was referring to child Sakura, not adult Sakura. Replace her with whoever you want that's a strong female like Robin from One Piece. Point still stands.

Child Sakura was not a strong female wtf fam... She just never got to the fuckery levels of adult Sakura
sabu.png

uh yeahhh....

Naruto barely had any strong females when you look at it anyway. You have Tusnade, the Mists kage and Kaguya who are "strong" by design rather than depiction.

Even Kurenai wasn't fully purposeful for the story. Just used as a world building purposes. Yeah, the sub characters in Naruto pretty much exist just to back Naruto.

Slayven

uh yeahhh....

Naruto barely had any strong females when you look at it anyway. You have Tusnade, the Mists kage and Kaguya who are "strong" by design rather than depiction.

Even Kurenai wasn't fully purposeful for the story. Just used as a world building purposes. Yeah, the sub characters in Naruto pretty much exist just to back Naruto.

but she was crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom