• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

I once remember doing some online tabletop and a friend (a white woman) tried to make a black wizard, DM said she had to be sorcerer. Didn't question it then but later found out that "black characters aren't smart enough to learn magic" is a thing amongst some communities.

Explains a lot of the reaction to Vivienne in DAI.

Slayven

I once remember doing some online tabletop and a friend (a white woman) tried to make a black wizard, DM said she had to be sorcerer. Didn't question it then but later found out that "black characters aren't smart enough to learn magic" is a thing amongst some communities.

Explains a lot of the reaction to Vivienne in DAI.
I would ahve flipped the table

Sad.

"He's not a serial rapist, he's just the world's most unfaithful husband!"

I almost wish the entertainment media would stop asking famous people, especially famous comedians and famous black entertainers, about the Cosby Rapes. It's rarely a good look.
Like everyone turns into Azelia Banks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This was my thought.

Went out to WalMart today to pick up something else. Saw the Star Wars toys. Almost bought Black Jedi, but that 6-inch toy looks like ass.

No lightsaber either.

Is he supposed to have a lightsaber? I thought he was just a normal dude.

Good MHW is here, I know he be reading so..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SI0B91S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Main character is a freed black slave. First 3 pages and they literally say "Pickannay with a wand"

I'm down. That price though. I've gotten so used to Kindle Unlimited and under $5 price points. If you believe though I'll pick it up.

Did any of his stuff had a light saber?

Nah. Vader Lite is the only one with a lightsaber in the first set.

Slayven

I'm down. That price though. I've gotten so used to Kindle Unlimited and under $5 price points. If you believe though I'll pick it up.

Nah. Vader Lite is the only one with a lightsaber in the first set.
Reading all those poorly edited wish fulfillment self publish jank

Yeah, but even Azelia Banks is right occasionally. Like when she said that people would be dry humping that Nicki Minaj statue.

I think it comes from a poor sense that we got to stick together. No black person wants to be seen holding down another one. We need to get over that.

these fools can't wait to show their ass for Cosby. Disgusting.

I had a an argument on Facebook that basically boiled down to Cosby raping women being a conspiracy and likened it to MLK cheating or Malcolm X being a criminal. As soon as he hit that point I had to dismiss myself...

using air freshener while a cop is behind you is a sign that you are full of marijuana weeds, or you are just 2 funky 4 him.

I had a cop tell me the febreeze in my car made me seem suspicious. Did I ever tell you how much I love the police?
Your black ass self was the suspicion..

Kreed

I think it comes from a poor sense that we got to stick together. No black person wants to be seen holding down another one. We need to get over that.

The other problem is the conspiracy theories and how easily we entertain "they just want to bring another black man down" discussions due to current/past racism.

akira28

rape is so horrible, we have this cognitive dissonance if we ever know someone accused of or guilty of rape, we find it hard to see them as fully human. So these people who are close to dude and admire him, are having a hard time. Plus...they know the behind the scenes Hollywood fuckery and how some of it is illicit and some of it is legitimate, legitimately nasty, but still 2 consenting adults doing a mess of substances and gluing each other to the sheets. Its common for men to pay women with drug access. Women would go to men solely because they knew where to get the pills(some like the ones Cosby procured) or the cocaine. So when Cosby says he got the drugs for women, as opposed to "to use on women to ply them" people can see that explanation and could concievably buy it.....except when you have twice the Alphabet coming together to say they were tricked, or coerced, or were molested while unconscious and unconsenting. and while the first two might have some room in a court of law, the last one is pretty much non-negotiable as far as sex assault goes. And so he is damned, and can not be redeemed.

If he did that, he's guilty. But so many people owe him favors. They'd rather just not ever say anything about the man ever again, but they have to do interviews. They're in showbiz.

Crocodile

A lot of it is hero worship I'm sure. Plenty don't want to believe the man who either inspired them to follow their current career paths or, through his work, helped open the doors that made their career path viable is a raging douchebag.

I can understand that perspective to a point but people have to get over it and allow themselves to call a spade a spade.

Numb

Hey, Numb..you going schizophrenic with the avatars? lol..

I have problems.
Usually stick with the Tekken ones but feeling real down on it lately.
A lot of it is hero worship I'm sure. Plenty don't want to believe the man who either inspired them to follow their current career paths or, through his work, helped open the doors that made their career path viable is a raging douchebag.

I can understand that perspective to a point but people have to get over it and allow themselves to call a spade a spade.

Even being fans of these people can make it a hard thing to accept it fully. The less bullshit the actor/celebs has been through in the spotlght of the media the harder it is to accept that they would do this. People find it difficult when they are these old people that should really have been chilling in some crib somewhere bring these horrible things from their past to light. You don't hear from them doing dumb shit for years and then they turn out to be racists and rapists.smh

akira28

Your black ass self was the suspicion..

Well he did "find" the febreeze while doing a window/flashlight search of my backseat....So you're right, the logic of his explanation was backwards as fuck, and his "pointing it" out was really just his racist ass admitting that something as simple as air freshener is enough to reinforce not only his racism, but his shitty guessing skills.

Well he did "find" the febreeze while doing a window/flashlight search of my backseat....So you're right, the logic of his explanation was backwards as fuck, and his "pointing it" out was really just his racist ass admitting that something as simple as air freshener is enough to reinforce not only his racism, but his shitty guessing skills.
So..where DO you hide your weed? 😸

hypernima

Banned
I'm late to the game but BCT had a MGS thing for FOBs? I'm about to buy the game (i think) and I was wondering what that was all about?

Numb

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/4/9264299/serena-williams-splits-vine-video-us-open-dang-she-is-good

Serena out here killing the game, stunting on all your faves, YAAASSS QUEEN, etc, etc. :)

Girl is flexible too?

9fc7e-airplane.gif

anigif_enhanced-5019-1435707568-13.gif

tumblr_inline_npbp3pB3ef1rpsd72_500.gif

Shy

Fam that old ass youtube comedy skit about racism from a white woman in an elevator....
Had something like that happen today.

Was about to step into an elevator from the top floor of an upper middle class condo I've been weatherproofing for the past two weeks (I was in a four story building with a set of open air walkways that only partially shield doors and windows from exposure to the weather) had my safety vest on, work gloves, boots,etc.,... elevator doors slide open and this 20 something year old redhead gives me this tense stare like she felt a certain type of way bout me being in her proximity.

I step aside to let her and her two friends come out the elevator, open the door to the outer walkway in front of the elevator cause redhead and her two friends have their hands full of shopping bags and shit.... only acknowledgement/thanks I get is from the dude (an Asian guy) ,the two girls, redhead and her Blonde barbie doll looking friend walk through as I'm holding the door open for them, no thank you, smile, eye contact, nothing.
Felt a certain type of way about that.
Okay maybe they're just rude I think to myself.

Then I find out hours later from a coworker the girls passed by him and were cordial and shit with him. (The coworkers a whiteboy with two huge neck tats, a lip piercing, stands at 6"3 )
Shit is bothersome, seeing tensed up, nervous body language from people uncomfortable around us cause it makes you feel for a quick second like YOU did something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom