• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

Either specify you mean Muppet pigs or try again

25e700bda02e23b55cb2ec55690ce575.jpg

I mostly posted that image because its hilarious in its stupidity
I obviously meant the muppets.

You give us reptiles a bad name.

Slayven

Slayven. What's your feeling on that Supergirl show? You seen the pilot?
Looks like it will be fun. I didn't watch the pilot. But I will give it 3 episodes at least.

Just had a co-worker ask me for my take on Taylor Swift's African Adventure video like I was a guest speaker on CNN.

Carry on.

Did they have another black dude full of shit to counter balance you?
Did you think this was funny
martin3.png

Dereck

I had to betray my Black GAF brethren just this one time.

I needed to put something in me, I didn't have a lot of time to think, and a Chruch's is right down the street.

I picked this up

chicken&biscuitbites_large.jpg

Said fuck it and got a small mac & cheese and a medium sweet tea. Pray that I survive this meal.

I needed to put something in me, I didn't have a lot of time to think, and a Chruch's is right down the street.

I picked this up

Said fuck it and got a small mac & cheese and a medium sweet tea. Pray that I survive this meal.
c36be78f6c841eabe68ac987c82c7338.gif

I picked this up

Ate this yesterday. I wish I had asked for BBQ sauce instead of the honey.

Kreed

I picked this up

You'll be fine since they didn't trick you into getting the dessert.

Numb

Remember to also check the post credit stuff when you get to it. Turns out i missed all of them. Was too impatient.

I still need to catch up on this new season (I've only been watching promos so far), but the "MORTY, YOU'VE GOT TO TURN INTO A CAR, MORTY" bit slayed me.

Numb

So it's like marvel movies?

Yep. Ice T was in and i missed his folllow-up in the post credit stuff. GAF was involved i have been told. Not sure if it was the real one. They were explaining his name and they ofcourse came to the dumbest result. The show not Gaf i mean.
I still need to catch up on this new season (I've only been watching promos so far), but the "MORTY, YOU'VE GOT TO TURN INTO A CAR, MORTY" bit slayed me.
Ep is ten times darker than it ever ever needed to be.

Numb

Nothing can beat them. Atleast MGS it's human girls/boys who were clearly designed to be sexy.
You can be crazy about those.

Numb

The one time i don't go all in and i take the biggest L.
Won't be happening again.

Still watching it.
Very therapeutic.

Numb

Looks like a dumb Magneto Order.

It's just the MGS Quiet animations she does while chilling in the chopper shum. Nothing crazy.
Changing avi before i get known as roach in BCT

RedSwirl

Honestly I don't really get the MGS5 hype, even though I did get caught up in the hype when MGS4 came around. That special kind of hype for the next numbered entry in a big Japanese game series feels like it's from another era to me. I might reach maximum hype for the next console Zelda game but that's probably it. Maybe Soul Calibur.

I don't think it's a matter of having grown out of it or anything. I think it's just because of how those games got subsumed by the COD's and Assassin's Creeds of the world which we predictably get every year, combined with the increasing rarity of big Japanese games on consoles. Maybe it's just that the industry as a whole has expanded way beyond the sphere of the Metal Gears and Final Fantasies. It used to be that PlayStation was literally half the world of gaming and Metal Gear and Final Fantasy were big totem poles. Minecraft, LoL, Candy Crush, COD, Creed, and really whole sectors didn't exist back then.

When you think about it 2008 might actually be the break-off point for how much Japanese AAA games mattered. MGS4 and SF4 came out that year. The iPhone 1 hit the market that year. COD4 and Creed 1 came out the previous fall. The very next year Minecraft and LoL landed. Oh and that's also when the whole global financial crisis landed that probably had an effect on the industry in Japan.

I guess it's just because I have so much more to play these days.

Numb

Honestly I don't really get the MGS5 hype, even though I did get caught up in the hype when MGS4 came around. That special kind of hype for the next numbered entry in a big Japanese game series feels like it's from another era to me. I might reach maximum hype for the next console Zelda game but that's probably it. Maybe Soul Calibur.

I don't think it's a matter of having grown out of it or anything. I think it's just because of how those games got subsumed by the COD's and Assassin's Creeds of the world which we predictably get every year, combined with the increasing rarity of big Japanese games on consoles. Maybe it's just that the industry as a whole has expanded way beyond the sphere of the Metal Gears and Final Fantasies. It used to be that PlayStation was literally half the world of gaming and Metal Gear and Final Fantasy were big totem poles. Minecraft, LoL, Candy Crush, COD, Creed, and really whole sectors didn't exist back then.

When you think about it 2008 might actually be the break-off point for how much Japanese AAA games mattered. MGS4 and SF4 came out that year. The iPhone 1 hit the market that year. COD4 and Creed 1 came out the previous fall. The very next year Minecraft and LoL landed. Oh and that's also when the whole global financial crisis landed that probably had an effect on the industry in Japan.

You become immune to it little by little. Even the biggest games don't have the same effect as before since there is so much. Alot to get excited about but not that much to truly feel that special kind of hype. Only thing that even brings that out of me anymore is Tekken X Streetfighter for the wrong reasons too. Wanting to see how they manage not to fuck it up excites me.

Crocodile

Glad to see Numb chose an avatar of a superior character from a superior manga instead of "Fuckery: The Series" :p

I certainly think my ability to get hyped for anything has diminished as a natural function of aging and changing priorities but I 'm not entirely sure I understand this vantage point. Just because there are more big players in the industry doesn't make old ones less relevant by default. People are freaking out about the next Star Wars even though we've been inundated with blockbusters (especially of the Superhero variety) for years now. Plus you have to factor in that not everybody cares about those other series regardless of how popular they are. Why would Minecraft being a game that has sold 353512534 copies make someone care less about MGS5? Just because Western Game development has been on the rise for the last decade, hardcore gamers are supposed to care less about big Japanese releases (assuming they retain their quality, accessibility and international appeal)?

Numb

Keeping things fresh. There must be other pics of Alf? He supposed to be ref in that?

First ever avatar i used here i believe.
Jojo is indeed better than other thing croc. Couldn't even make a joke about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom