• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

By the way that artist's work is fantastic, it reminds me of the models from MVC3. All his work for marvel leading up to and during this whole thing has been great

No, she is constantly taking Reed's big piece of chicken.

Why haven't they shown an alternative future where Valeria and Franklin are mortal enemies? A stalemate between her super science and his god like power?

So, which one is Future Doom and which one is Future Richards? I'm guessing Valeria gets the Richards side and Franklin is the Doom?

Crocodile

https://twitter.com/kraker2k/status/640490888544829441
https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/640494075058233344

One Punch Man had some sort of preview today. Action animation is looking good! :)

Goddamn. Also sample of the OP song: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x351zpq

a3807e09afab6d37ff5352a270a467b4.jpg

Dereck

Can't they just make the anime ten episodes and be done, or is the concern that they will make episodes past where the manga ends?

Kreed

Can't they just make the anime ten episodes and be done, or is the concern that they will make episodes past where the manga ends?

Neither of those are good options for a series vs just waiting for the manga to get further along (especially making original episodes which is never good for a manga anime adaption). But since the manga has two versions (the original "stick figure" series, and the new version that doesn't cause your eyes to bleed), the "best" option they have after they run out of material from the new version of the manga is to start taking stories from the original series, which would at least double the amount of stories they can convert into episodes. But I doubt this would happen as it would cause the anime to directly compete with the manga.

Crocodile

As much as I enjoy One Punch Man, I can't get hyped up for a series that is going to run out of material in 20 episodes.

I'm trying to figure out the problem here. I don't need my shows to run for 300 episodes to get value out of them. A 24 episode series (or whatever short number) seems fine to me. They could easily end the show at, for example, the
Boros arc
or the
Garou arc

One Punch Man is the Squirrel girl of manga, a joke ran into the ground to the center of the earth

giphy.gif

43ef5or.png

Kreed

I'm trying to figure out the problem here. I don't need my shows to run for 300 episodes to get value out of them. A 24 episode series (or whatever short number) seems fine to me. They could easily end the show at, for example, the
Boros arc
or the
Garou arc

The problem is that (usually) anime adaptions of manga don't take breaks/don't stop once they run out of source material. Best example, the first Full Metal Alchemist series which created an entirely different story half way through the series because they caught up with the manga too fast, eventually having to make another anime series once the manga was completed because they were so different.

Crocodile

The problem is that (usually) anime adaptions of manga don't take breaks/don't stop once they run out of source material. Best example, the first Full Metal Alchemist series which created an entirely different story half way through the series because they caught up with the manga too fast, eventually having to make another anime series once the manga was completed because they were so different.

I can think of plenty of anime that were only partial adaptations of the source material they are based on. Heck, this season you have Prison School which is set to end at the end of the 1st major arc (Chapter 70 something out of a current 189 chapters), Braves of the Six Flowers (which will finish at the end of the first book even though six have been published in Japan), Food Wars (which will end with the prelims of the Autumn elections or around Chapter 50/60 something out of a current 133), etc. There are also a lot of manga/LNs that have had or will have multiple seasons for their adaptation - Working!, Nisekoi, Durararara!, Assassination Classroom, etc. Famously there was Medaka Box (a finished manga) which had two short seasons that together didn't adapt the entire manga (lots of people familiar with the series say they stopped the anime adaptions before getting to the best part of the manga).

Because he isn't one.

Well now I'm confused. Was the post Slaveryn linked (post #5822) to a joke post? Is Poe's law being invoked here?

Didn't know of the title change and that Spike Lee was apart of it. Though the description says its directed by Josef Wladyka. Either way I recommend the movie.

I suppose you dont have HBO? I think it's on their digital services. Obviously, its a paid service.

I have HBO Canada..

which doesn't have it.

Crocodile

If you aren't familiar with freenude's shtick, his posts are almost indistinguishable from actual fuckery.

He's a more subtle Angelus.

See this is why I'm not a fan of this sort of discussion "technique". I'm at least familiar enough with Angelus to know what's up but I still don't like it when he does it, I don't like it when Crushed did it and I don't like it here. These subjects are too contentious to be playing around with words like that :(

Kreed

See this is why I'm not a fan of this sort of discussion "technique". I'm at least familiar enough with Angelus to know what's up but I still don't like it when he does it, I don't like it when Crushed did it and I don't like it here. These subjects are too contentious to be playing around with words like that :(

In this case he's just quoting Slayven/taking a shot at the BCT (which is what all the cool kids are doing now).

Numb

In this case he's just quoting Slayven/taking a shot at the BCT (which is what all the cool kids are doing now).

Straight up copy and pasting was boring and too obvious. Should have put some slight spin with the words in there.

So, which one is Future Doom and which one is Future Richards? I'm guessing Valeria gets the Richards side and Franklin is the Doom?

Franklin is the culmination of the best of the Marvel Universe. He's the endgame. He's the ultimate boy scout with god-like power.

Valeria is Reed+. Without Franklin around, she's Doom+.

Rembrandt

Banned
Welcome back..

Welcome back Rem.

Right on, fam.

It's always nice to see. People really like to lurk these topics.

I just started my first official year of college (went to CC for a year and now I'm living on campus at another school) and I was wondering how active should I be on campus when it comes to clubs and shit? I signed up for a decent amount with nice variety.

You gotta laugh sometimes, brother..otherwise, well..very bad things.
Hey, lurkers..WELCOME! 😜

Slayven

Franklin is the culmination of the best of the Marvel Universe. He's the endgame. He's the ultimate boy scout with god-like power.

Valeria is Reed+. Without Franklin around, she's Doom+.

One future he is down with the swirl
In Fantastic Four: Annual 1998, a version of Franklin is seen where he aged in real time from his first appearance. He is married to a Wakandan woman named Zawadi and has a daughter named N'Yami.

Didn't see you there Rem.
Welcome back brother.

Too direct lol.
Well to be honest didn't post here only cos i didn't know it existed.
Never lurked. I do lurk in other threads tho.
All in good fun. Lurked here for a looong time before I posted..I don't usually interact with the blacks..

Numb

All in good fun. Lurked here for a looong time before I posted..I don't usually interact with the blacks..
Black peeps hate each other 10x more than most other races.I can see what you mean.
I lurk in the K-popping/music and anime types. Afraid i might fall down a hole if i post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom