• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I was thinking of making a thread regarding the hunger strikers for Dyett High School of Chicago ( a school that shut down in a minority community), but realized the situation would be overly too complex for me to explain in a manner that doesn't simply end in people asking "why not take the deal to reopen it as a art school?".
Yeah some shit you will be spending all your time explaining. Like why Gordon puts a straight razor on the table when he plays spades.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fellow BCT'ers whats Vancouver like for a black male? Is it chill out there? I'd be coming from the UK.
Chill as it gets. Big Caribbean community about 30 minutes outside the city proper. People can be a little aloof, but everyone's like that out here until they get to know you. Having travelled the world extensively, there's no place I'd rather live than Vancouver.

That said, it's fucking expensive as it gets. Housing costs are astronomical, there's a constant influx of foreign funds that keep the market inflated. Rental housing is difficult to find as well. It gets tiring real fast to see friends leave the city proper in order to afford a house, or worse - the province entirely.

P9075944_wm1.jpg

I see you Slay.

Numb

It was Busta, it's just a mixtape of songs mixed by DJs.

Oh cool. Just saw all the artists are down below after scrolling.
Rarely seen his stuff in audio form. Hope he is jamming his mouth and nose near the camera there aswell.
Put you hands where my eyes can see was my jam as a kid.
For the sexy reasons.

Dabanton

Chill as it gets. Big Caribbean community about 30 minutes outside the city proper. People can be a little aloof, but everyone's like that out here until they get to know you. Having travelled the world extensively, there's no place I'd rather live than Vancouver.

That said, it's fucking expensive as it gets. Housing costs are astronomical, there's a constant influx of foreign funds that keep the market inflated. Rental housing is difficult to find as well. It gets tiring real fast to see friends leave the city proper in order to afford a house, or worse - the province entirely.

I'm from Caribbean stock so that sounds cool. According to my dad I have some fam from Jamaica who apparently live in Canada. Though they're over in Montreal.

The rental situation is looking like it could get very annoying. Coming from London, me and the wife will have a decent amount for rent as we have investments back here in the UK that will be making money for us. Her salary is also extremely good. Once I get some work we should be more than comfortable. We've seen a few places that look nice. Her company have us covered for housing for December as part of her welcome package which gives us time to look.

But we want to live somewhere nice. I've already asked about a few areas in another Gaf thread. We like the look of Mount Pleasant as we've seen some nice places round there and the vibe round there seems nice. That or the Olympic Village area as my wife will be working very near there. Plus we can get downtown. Vancouver looks a hell of a lot easier to get round than London.

Slayven: i'm guessing this a no, but do you know any European place like amazon for comics?

Want to grab Hickman's second omnibus of F4 but it's still quite expensive here :(

Sou Da

I honestly find what they did with
Paz
in MGSV disgusting.
No, I'm not even talking about the vagina bomb. I was actually ok with that.

Sou Da

spoil it for me please
She explicitly dies in Ground Zeroes because although they took out the bomb in her stomach there was another one in her vagina. In MGSV they essentially retcon that, literally changing the scene also now she has selective amnesia so she's now the character she was pretending to be. This way the players get the waifu they always wanted from Peacewalker wanted with none of the baggage. Hopefully something meaningful is done with it later on but right now in the game it's pretty :scust:

She explicitly dies in Ground Zeroes because although they took out the bomb in her stomach there was another one in her vagina. In MGSV they essentially retcon that, literally changing the scene and now she has selective amnesia and she's now the character she was pretending to be so the players get the waifu they always from Peacewalker wanted with none of the baggage. Hopefully something meaningful is done with it later on but right now in the game it's pretty :scust:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Metal Gear Solid.

This has convinced me to not play these games.

jmood88

She explicitly dies in Ground Zeroes because although they took out the bomb in her stomach there was another one in her vagina. In MGSV they essentially retcon that, literally changing the scene and now she has selective amnesia and she's now the character she was pretending to be so the players get the waifu they always from Peacewalker wanted with none of the baggage. Hopefully something meaningful is done with it later on but right now in the game it's pretty :scust:
And there are people who take this shit seriously.

jmood88

It's super cheesy.
As long as you know what madness you are getting yourself into it's cool.
I'd have no problem with it if people actually just appreciated it for its insanity but there are way too many people who act like Kojima is an amazing writer when he basically just vomits nonsense.

Sou Da

Ladies and Gentlemen, Metal Gear Solid.

This has convinced me to not play these games.

I like the gameplay too much to give a shit tbh, Mother base building is pretty novel and they executed the idea of an open world modern stealth game perfectly.

I just kind of have to go into MST3K mode when things like what I already posted happen though.

Numb

I'd have no problem with it if people actually just appreciated it for its insanity but there are way too many people who act like Kojima is an amazing writer when he basically just vomits nonsense.

There is no arguing with them. They are defending anime level madness without even knowing. Just the first hour has been the craziest stuff this whole year.

Sou Da

There is no arguing with them. They are defending anime level madness without even knowing. Just the first hour has been the craziest stuff this whole year.

Pretty much. I learned this a long time ago with /v/ and MGS4, people have the opinion chiseled too hard into in them. The only way to even get them to second guess it is if you compare the writing to some other game they universally like. (I.e Witcher)

Slayven

Yeah that is what weird to me. I like nonsense, I love it in comics. But folks treat this shit like a religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom