• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yeah that is exactly what is happening. Last dude that replied to my post said I was one of the vocal minority trying to silence people on gaf.

Nigga if I had such power? whew
Keep an eye on that thread in the next little while.

Slayven getting modded would be one of the darkest times of our age.
When I hang up the ban hammer, I'm giving it to Slayven...
My ban reasons will always be a link to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-82Bcanamuw
....because of amazing shit like this. That's the soundtrack that plays in my head whenever I read people grinding about their bans or the forum in general.

Paging Jandro.

34 years ago a legend screamed his way into the world covered in blood and other shit.

I celebrate this for the next 36 hours with alcohol, woman and song.

Its just beginning family.
Happy Birthday, Boss man..enjoy your birthday week. I assume everyone celebrates their birthday for a week. If not, start now..

He's just trying to make SmokyDave proud.

I dont know what you mean by Smoky Dave proud but from this article, it sounds like the kid was right to get detained. It would be the same as me going to a store and pretending to do suspicious activites just to prove that people are racist and being passive aggressive when they question me about it. Trying to bait cops if you will.

I thought the clock he built was your standard clock. That shit looks like a fucking bomb and it beeps and all that shit. If I made a fake gun that looked like a real gun and take it it school and show it to someone should I even have the right to get mad when I get detained?

I think this article is just saying that while there is definitely an anti-muslim sentiment in America, this is not the situation to champion that claim.

I dont know what you mean by Smoky Dave proud but from this article, it sounds like the kid was right to get detained. It would be the same as me going to a store and pretending to do suspicious activites just to prove that people are racist and being passive aggressive when they question me about it. Trying to bait cops if you will.

I thought the clock he built was your standard clock. That shit looks like a fucking bomb and it beeps and all that shit. If I made a fake gun that looked like a real gun and take it it school and show it to someone should I even have the right to get mad when I get detained?

I think this article is just saying that while there is definitely an anti-muslim sentiment in America, this is not the situation to champion that claim.

I can't tell, is this satire? I'm being trolled , right?

akira28

Im dead serious.

well that's an opinion, that he was trying to troll his school, the police, and America.

I'm going to go with the LCD of bored school administrators tried to humiliate a brown kid because they could.

Someone on another site pointed out that they never thought it was a bomb. Why? Well you usually don't parade a bomb around a school with its maker, or show the bomb to all the staff admin who want to see it. You probably don't have police displaying it outside of the school while arresting the kid, before driving off with the bomb and the kid together.

that is probably not how you treat a bomb. Or a possible bomb, or something that you think could make a loud noise.

well that's an opinion, that he was trying to troll his school, the police, and America.

I'm going to go with the LCD of bored school administrators tried to humiliate a brown kid because they could.

Someone on another site pointed out that they never thought it was a bomb. Why? Well you usually don't parade a bomb around a school with its maker, or show the bomb to all the staff admin who want to see it. You probably don't have police displaying it outside of the school while arresting the kid, before driving off with the bomb and the kid together.

that is probably not how you treat a bomb. Or a possible bomb, or something that you think could make a loud noise.

Agreed. But according to the article he was accused making something to look like a bomb to incite fear (which i dont believe was his intention) and when questioned about he was uncooperative.

First, you're talking about a Breitbart article..lol. No one was trying to bait anyone. More than one teacher commended him..it wasn't until the last (English) teacher that he had any problems. Shit looks like a bomb TO YOU, but yeah..a bunch of circuit boards in a small pencil case does that to people who read Breitbart..

It's like an assload of Infowars conspiracy nonsense..

You said "from this article" ... which article is that? The breitbart one?

share a link so I'll know which article you're reading from. There are a few of them out there.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=179342426&postcount=1878

clock-bomb-640x480.jpg

I want just ONE person to point out what in there looks like an explosive..seriously. Where? Point it out..

First, you're talking about a Breitbart article..lol. No one was trying to bait anyone. More than one teacher commended him..it wasn't until the last (English) teacher that he had any problems. Shit looks like a bomb TO YOU, but yeah..a bunch of circuit boards in a small pencil case does that to people who read Breitbart..

It's like an assload of Infowars conspiracy nonsense..

I dont know anything about Breitbart. Im guessing its some sort of conservative site? Anyway, to the average citizen, I am willing to bet they would think it looks likes a bomb. Anyway, im glad he got commended by teachers but then why be passive agressive and uncooperative when the cops were called? Is that not true? Why not just say that is was a clock?

akira28

Cops shouldn't have been called.
Cops shouldn't have been called on a kid over a clock.

The Breitbart narrative is that this kid's possibly deliberate hoax is just another piece of the liberal push to complain about racial issues, calling the "race grifters" to come gather around this most recent "cause celebre".

or in other words, he faked this so liberals would have a reason to complain about those racist Texans.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...d-ahmed-mohamed-arrested-over-suitcase-clock/
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...defends-reaction-ahmed-mohameds-clock-device/

edit: completely fuck those police. they brought the kid in to interrogate him, already accusing him of trying to incite terror with a fake bomb. And you're supporting them? come on.
they keep calling it a suitcase clock, it's a fucking lcd alarm clock in a miniature clasping case the size of a lunchbox. They keep asking why this kid didn't pull out all the stops to convince these adults that were accusing him that they were wrong. They accuse him of being passive aggressive, showing they enter into this with an adversarial point of view from stage one. The shit just gets worse and worse.

Yep, i'm out. Not interested in discussion with someone who agrees with articles/viewpoints from whitesupremacist/neonazi sites.

I dont get why youre being so hostile. In case you havent noticed, thats me in my avatar. You got me pegged wrong. Second, I have no idea what bretbart is or its reputation. I clicked the link because someone brought it up and decided to read it. Based on how the story was presented in the article I made my post. This is the first article ive read concerning the ahmed matter. Feel free to link me to a conflicting one. And yes. At first glance that shit looks reminiscent of a bomb to me.

I dont know anything about Breitbart. Im guessing its some sort of conservative site? Anyway, to the average citizen, I am willing to bet they would think it looks likes a bomb. Anyway, im glad he got commended by teachers but then why be passive agressive and uncooperative when the cops were called? Is that not true? Why not just say that is was a clock?
The answer is he wasn't. It's not true. He told them it was a clock repeatedly..they disagreed, and kept asking. He keeps answering the same..like he told his teachers..and the principle..and everyone else. But yeah, if you go by a shitty website that spends its life smearing black and brown people, I'm sure it all seems 💯

And one last thing..the average citizen would think it was a bomb? I guess if you see a Mooselem kid with a pencil box full of wires that TELLS you it's a clock you'd have to not believe him, and determine is a bomb. The religion part is what makes it a bomb..seriously.

akira28

would you recognize a bomb, or have you only seen hollywood renditions of timebombs, ie, props.

you say at first glance it looks like a bomb to you, but do you know what a bomb looks like?

would you recognize a bomb, or have you only seen hollywood renditions of timebombs, ie, props.

you say at first glance it looks like a bomb to you, but do you know what a bomb looks like?

Give a white kid a (dud) IED in a lunchbox and see what happens when he shows it off to his teachers.

It certainly doesn't look like two boards and some wire..with zero explosives. That pencil case is practically empty. What's going to blow up in there? The felt lining? lol..

The answer is he wasn't. It's not true. He told them it was a clock repeatedly..they disagreed, and kept asking. He keeps answering the same..like he told his teachers..and the principle..and everyone else. But yeah, if you go by a shitty website that spends its life smearing black and brown people, I'm sure it all seems 💯

And one last thing..the average citizen would think it was a bomb? I guess if you see a Mooselem kid with a pencil box full of wires that TELLS you it's a clock you'd have to not believe him, and determine is a bomb. The religion part is what makes it a bomb..seriously.

Alright. Thank you for making the site's reputation known to me. But if you read the article I found, the story wasnt presented that way at all. And again, the article makes it seem like he presented it to a total of two teachers and was uncooperative when questioned by the second.

Its looks similar to movie props I have seen, yes. But I also would have asked him what it was and given him the benefit of the doubt when he gave me an answer.

Alright. Thank you for making the site's reputation known to me. But if you read the article I found, the story wasnt presented that way at all. And again, the article makes it seem like he presented it to a total of two teachers and was uncooperative when questioned by the second.
Six teachers, if I'm not mistaken..went the whole school day and the last one saw a bomb when the others did not. Breitbart articles made Obama Kenyan, Trayvon a hulking drug fueled monster and Shaun King a white guy in disguise..so, yeah. Maybe take what they say with about this much salt..

ssMmlpt.jpg

Typically, bombs need something to actually explode.

I mean, unless explosion-less bombs are now a thing now.

Six teachers, if I'm not mistake..went the whole school day and the last one saw a bomb when the others did not. Breitbart articles made Obama Kenyan, Trayvon a hulking drug fueled monster and Shaun King a white guy disguise..so, yeah. Maybe take what they say with about this much salt..

ssMmlpt.jpg

What other conservative websites are out there that twist the truth?

akira28

Typically, bombs need something to actually explode.

I mean, unless explosion-less bombs are now a thing now.

well my point is that bombs can look like anything, because all they are is something with explosives in it and a timer/trigger device. Some kid shows you a lunchbox with a clock in it, and you see a bomb? That says volumes about you and not so much about the kid.

White kid with a mock IED or hell, a fake hand grenade isn't going to have the cops called on him. He's not going to be frogmarched or interrogated. Not unless he was seriously and clearly trying to start some trouble.

well my point is that bombs can look like anything, because all they are is something with explosives in it and a timer/trigger device. Some kid shows you a lunchbox with a clock in it, and you see a bomb? That says volumes about you and not so much about the kid.

Some kid shows me a lunchbox with a clock in it that looks like a hollywood bomb prop and says it is a bomb when I ask him? Damn, right Id believe him. If I ask him what it is and he shows me its a clock, I leave the issue dead right there. This is whether he was black, white, brown, or green. I guess I need to educate myself on what bombs actually look like.

White kid with a mock IED or hell, a fake hand grenade isn't going to have the cops called on him. He's not going to be frogmarched or interrogated. Not unless he was seriously and clearly trying to start some trouble.

I would have. If i saw it at a glance and didnt know the kid to ask him about it, I would have said something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why isn't the fact that the police and teachers paraded the bomb around being acknowledged? If they thought it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Where was the bomb squad?

Where the fuck is the basic critical thinking?

And as dumb as the teacher was, they did not need to educate themselves on what a bomb looks like. They probably should now, but that isn't the main part of what I object to. Calling the cops is where their responsibility ends

The major fuck up In my eyes was when the cops rolled in and couldn't identify that it clearly wasn't a bomb, racially profiled and insulted the kid, and drug him out in handcuffs for no fucking reason.

Why isn't the fact that the police and teachers paraded the bomb around being acknowledged? If they thought it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Where was the bomb squad?

Where the fuck is the basic critical thinking?

And as dumb as the teacher was, they did not need to educate themselves on what a bomb looks like. They probably should now, but that isn't the main part of what I object to. Calling the cops is where their responsibility ends

The major fuck up In my eyes was when the cops rolled in and couldn't identify that it clearly wasn't a bomb, racially profiled and insulted the kid, and drug him out in handcuffs for no fucking reason.

The only reason they could have for parading it around was that they thought it was fake and thought he was trying to incite fear. Fine. But if that was the case, they were asking him the wrong questions then. If you know something to be fake, you dont ask what it is. The only question to ask then would be to ask what his intentions were to bring the device to school to which his answer of bringing it to school to impress his teachers would have sufficed. He never admitted to wanting to incite any kind of panic and you know it's not a bomb so what's the problem?

andthebeatgoeson

Where you there? That's a big assumption.

Why is he passive aggressive and not just a weird nerd? Why assume malicious intent when 'being a 14 yo fucking nerd' seems to answer the question? And why should I take a teacher's aide of the story when I don't trust then to fully understand passive aggression. It's like taking a cop's version of the momentum of black bodies. Some people have blind spots.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Breitbart? Fuck off with that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom