• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

I dont know what you mean by Smoky Dave proud but from this article, it sounds like the kid was right to get detained. It would be the same as me going to a store and pretending to do suspicious activites just to prove that people are racist and being passive aggressive when they question me about it. Trying to bait cops if you will.

I thought the clock he built was your standard clock. That shit looks like a fucking bomb and it beeps and all that shit. If I made a fake gun that looked like a real gun and take it it school and show it to someone should I even have the right to get mad when I get detained?

I think this article is just saying that while there is definitely an anti-muslim sentiment in America, this is not the situation to champion that claim.
This is utter bullshit.

Merc_

So many people are jealous of the attention Ahmed is getting now and it's so fucking pathetic. Stay pressed babies.

Also, happy birthday to Rio.

Dereck

That feeling you get when you have a conversation with a non-Black person about Black English, and instead of them referring to it as Black English, they call it speaking Ghetto.

Before I went in I took a moment and I realized that, speaking Ghetto is a thing that 20th and 21st century America has painted as inferior English. Black English is a type of English that deserves just as much respect and acknowledgement as other languages, and I would also say, it's history and origin ought to be learned by more people.

It ain't speakin' Ghetto brehs, smh.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=179342426&postcount=1878

clock-bomb-640x480.jpg

I want just ONE person to point out what in there looks like an explosive..seriously. Where? Point it out..

over on the far right side with the black thing with 2 silver things pointing out of it

Shy

I really can't believe that people are trying to defend what happened to this poor wee kid with a straight face.
Why isn't the fact that the police and teachers paraded the bomb around being acknowledged? If they thought it was a bomb, why wasn't the school evacuated? Where was the bomb squad?

Where the fuck is the basic critical thinking?

And as dumb as the teacher was, they did not need to educate themselves on what a bomb looks like. They probably should now, but that isn't the main part of what I object to. Calling the cops is where their responsibility ends

The major fuck up In my eyes was when the cops rolled in and couldn't identify that it clearly wasn't a bomb, racially profiled and insulted the kid, and drug him out in handcuffs for no fucking reason.
Ohh you, with your common sense.

RedSwirl

That feeling you get when you have a conversation with a non-Black person about Black English, and instead of them referring to it as Black English, they call it speaking Ghetto.

Before I went in I took a moment and I realized that, speaking Ghetto is a thing that 20th and 21st century America has painted as inferior English. Black English is a type of English that deserves just as much respect and acknowledgement as other languages, and I would also say, it's history and origin ought to be learned by more people.

It ain't speakin' Ghetto brehs, smh.

Some academics have wanted to classify it as a creole. At the very least I think it and the environment surrounding it classify as a case of diglossia, though not as severe as a lot of others (like Jamaican). People in American just don't know about other languages and thus don't know other languages have splits that are similar but to a much more greater degree. You got places all over the world where the formal written languages is almost completely different from the colloquial spoken language.

hoax bomb.

incite fear.

lol.

it's from the same playbook where following orders like giving an officer your ID or raising your hands are suspicious moves that get you shot at. a scenario where the only way to win is not to play. gotta remind you that you ain't shit so don't try to be shit.

Maybe if you never read any thread on the forum. Any thread about politics, racial problems or just "X woman says Y" will quickly show how that's wrong. (EDIT: and the whole gatorade thing)

zeemumu

I am tempted to pledge on a gaming Kickstarter for the first time ever

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plugindigitallabel/aurion-legacy-of-the-kori-odan/

maaan

I was really close to backing Hover. I just...I miss Jet Set Radio, man...

I almost backed that Evolve-style game where you play as teenagers an a slasher, but then the people who own Jason said "Nuh-uh, WE were gonna do that shit!" and sent a cease and desist, the announced that their extremely similar Friday the 13th game would be coming out this October, and we haven't see a damn thing. No gameplay footage, no trailer, nothing. And they haven't announced that they were delaying the game, so as far as we know they're full of shit.

Finally found that "thecoli" thing you guys kept talking about is.

Was looking for a forum with NBA talk and then i found it. Then i saw the smilies ... "ooooooooooooooohh!"

I was really close to backing Hover. I just...I miss Jet Set Radio, man...

I almost backed that Evolve-style game where you play as teenagers an a slasher,
but then the people who own Jason said "Nuh-uh, WE were gonna do that shit!" and sent a cease and desist, the announced that their extremely similar Friday the 13th game would be coming out this October, and we haven't see a damn thing. No gameplay footage, no trailer, nothing. And they haven't announced that they were delaying the game, so as far as we know they're full of shit.

What game is this?

Are you talking about Dead Realm?

Numb

Alot went down i see.
giphy.gif

Just glad Ahmed didn't die or get hurt during all of this.
Black+muslim+bomb looking thing+Texas. It's a miracle.
Also #Slay4mod

Shy

Finally found that "thecoli" thing you guys kept talking about is.

Was looking for a forum with NBA talk and then i found it. Then i saw the smilies ... "ooooooooooooooohh!"
LOL.
And fuck Briebart, and fuck Richard Dawkins, and fuck Bill Maher.
Yep, yep and yep.
Just glad Ahmed didn't die or get hurt during all of this.
If god forbid something did happen, people would still be trying to justify it.
Also #Slay4mod
I could get behind this.

Numb

If god forbid something did happen, people would still be trying to justify it.

I don't expect people to change at all. Even if they do it is only on the exterior most of the time. As long as the victim is atleast alive or not seriously hurt there is hope.
Could have been much uglier if he were older.

Shy

Slayven

Couldn't get mad at all, dude never stopped loving them kids even after Hank showed up.

In my dark moments I like to think Neil deGrasse Tyson is like that when he is working alone.

"These motherfuckers forgot to carry the 1 and compensate for the moon's gravity. This is some old Heisenberg bullshit."

Lemme stay out of OT for good lest my high-handed assholery run off more pure white maidens. Gordon, I leave all my snark coins to the Melmac Institute.

Also I think I showed up at work on a day off

Numb

I wish folks would just come out and say fuck that kid..at least be honest for fuck sake.
I am sure many have.
Not stupid enough to straight up say that here tho.
Not when there are so many roundabout ways to say it and articles from sites that are bullshit to quote.

I read an article about African american appropriating African culture. We cant appropriate African culture because its OUR culture our people are originally from africa.

I read an article about African american appropriating African culture. We cant appropriate African culture because its OUR culture our people are originally from africa.

Nope. Haven't you heard? We are loved by no one, and wanted nowhere.

Scoundrels of the universe.

Join my crew.

Together, no one can keep us from One Piece.

Join my crew.

Not true people in Africa love african americans. When i was African i got treated different when people found out i was from america.

Shy

Today's a national holiday in Japan, actually part of a 5-day weekend, but our schedule doesn't follow sometimes. I was out of the office last week for TGS and didn't really keep up
Ahhhh. hope you enjoy your time off.

Did you enjoy TGS, or was is super busy cause of work. ?

Join my crew.

Sign me up.

Numb

Join my crew.

Modern pirates don't use haki or swords tho. They use lead. Bring your own piece.

Not true people in Africa love african americans. When i was African i got treated different when people found out i was from america.

I can confirm this. Celebs basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom