• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

My aunt is a neurosurgeon and the whole time she was in med school she told me that most med school students aren't very smart and I never really believed her until I took classes with med school students. Being a doctor/surgeon doesn't mean you're actually intelligent.

As some who actually teaches anatomy to med students, I can confirm this. That isn't to say I haven't encountered plenty of very intelligent and motivated people - I have. But every once in a while you get a "how/why are you even here?" student and you get a little sad.

D i Z

Adlj9qV%2B-%2BImgur.gif

0_o

I pleayed one game of star wars BF earlier, i liked it, any of you downloaded it yet on PS4. ?

Completely forgot about this.

Wasn't gonna go smoothly.
Just hope it ain't like the SFV beta at first.
I played the A TV beta plenty. My problem is I've kinda given up on DICE, and here I am again..people are obviously playing. My shit just won't connect to "EA account" whatever the hell that is..

Numb

I played the A TV beta plenty. My problem is I've kinda given up on DICE, and here I am again..people are obviously playing. My shit just won't connect to "EA account" whatever the hell that is..
Good to know it ain't broken everywhere.
Is it on PC or that thing they ask you t the start of sports games to do or miss some useless shit?

Good to know it ain't broken everywhere.
Is it on PC or that thing they ask you t the start of sports games to do or miss some useless shit?
I guess it's that. Seriously, I don't do EA anymore, so I'm not sure how it works. Just know I can't log in. No biggie really..but I better hear good things before release date. I'm not into buying games that take months to fix, which half of that is the community giving up and not straining the servers.

Oh well..

Numb

I guess it's that. Seriously, I don't do EA anymore, so I'm not sure how it works. Just know I can't log in. No biggie really..but I better hear good things before release date. I'm not into buying games that take months to fix, which half of that is the community giving up and not straining the servers.

Oh well..

I do buy EA games but mostly for singleplayer.(Mirrors Edge 2 gonna be soo good.)
Online tho...don't expect things to go smoothly at first for most games. A miracle if things are perfect.

I do buy EA games but mostly for singleplayer.(Mirrors Edge 2 gonna be soo good.)
Online tho...don't expect things to go smoothly at first for most games. A miracle if things are perfect.
Precisely why I don't buy them in the first place..whatever time to cook.

I honestly don't feel like participating in that "fired" thread.

That dude had multiple racist images and instances, and I don't feel like his shit should be defended. And honestly, I'm sick of talking to white people just for them to understand that. I'm also sick of talking people out of defending that behavior.

If someone else wants to cure that sickness, that's on them. I'm just too tired to hear it or put up with it.

I said the same thing, but sometimes you just see so much stupidity and can't help it.

The time could take longer than you think sometimes. I don't know how long the Halo collection was not in order for and people seemed real pissed.
Right. I'm not down with paying for unfinished product. Waited until USFIV was fixed before I grabbed that. Anyway, unplugged everything I own and now it's working..just like old times. I'm not willing to go though that every time. At least I'm in..for now.
I said the same thing, but sometimes you just see so much stupidity and can't help it.
Indeed, my friend..

Numb

Right. I'm not down with paying for unfinished product. Waited until USFIV was fixed before I grabbed that. Anyway, unplugged everything I own and now it's working..just like old times. I'm not willing to go though that every time. At least I'm in..for now.
tumblr_m8embeMapS1rwp5qio6_400.gif

Bring the impressions.
Interested in it but not at launch.
Too cynical.

akira28

Mob justice is the worst. Old town didn't have people to enforce the law so the community dealt out the punishments.
You steal something small and most other petty crimes and you get a mob stomping wrestling style.Can be hilarious.
w6iX0F.gif

You break in and steal some valuable shit or hit a woman and you losing that arm.Still not too crazy.
Then there was this one guy, i don't know what he did but they grabbed him,put two tires on him and then set him on fire.
Didn't die nearly as quickly as you would think and the screams were horrific. Seeing flesh and melting tire rubber fusing was one of the most horrible things i have ever seen.
Mob justice is scary.

Maybe this was alittle too brutal to share.

mob justice is too dangerous to abide by. I've heard about those tire burnings and that's about as wrong as wrong gets. They put kerosine in the tirewells and then put the tires around your body. If people knew what was about to happen to them they would fight, stab, bite, and kill anything in their way to escape that fate. The shit is almost too real to think about.

Numb

mob justice is too dangerous to abide by. I've heard about those tire burnings and that's about as wrong as wrong gets. They put kerosine in the tirewells and then put the tires around your body. If people knew what was about to happen to them they would fight, stab, bite, and kill anything in their way to escape that fate. The shit is almost too real to think about.
People underestimate when they are gathered around a guy beating on him and how much damage they do. Thinking like solo and stop when they themselves have had enough and forgetting there are another 6 dudes adding to it and it ends up way way overboard.

I don't know what that tire dude did but it must have been extreme enough to get such a reaction.
Not at all right in any world what they did to him still.

My stories are sometimes funny but mostly too hardcore,brutal and horrific for Gaf so im putting a stop to them.

This shit is too mentally draining. Reading it is...annoying sometimes, but engaging in it just makes you feel hopeless. I think I'm done.

Numb

I say hit em with the real. Are we starved for different perspectives and backgrounds around here or what?

Maggots,beheadings,child soldier friends that smoke at 12?
A reason i kept them off since they are too hard to discuss even for me.
I think i made whatever point i was aiming for. Freaked people enough with the feet worms and all that other stuff already lol

Kreed

I actually had a situation similar to the "firing" thread happen at a job I used to work for. We had a guy (white, since it's important for the story) who just started at the job and he just graduated college. I was in a different department so I had little to no interaction with him, but he seemed ok. One day after work this dude goes onto his college's Facebook and makes a fucked up comment about one of the football players attending a children's charity event ( smmfh ). Anyway, the college students/faculty goes in on him and go to his facebook and twitter, only to find dude had a bunch of images with him and the Confederate Flag and guns. Then they hit up his Linkedin and find out where he works and they send us a flood of messages about what he did and his pictures with the confederate flags. Now in this situation the head of his department and upper management decided he made a "honest mistake", but the CEO decided it wasn't worth the trouble and let him go a few days later. Still don't know what compelled him to go onto his college's page and say something messed up.

Numb

I actually had a situation similar to the "firing" thread happen at a job I used to work for. We had a guy (white, since it's important for the story) who just started at the job and he just graduated college. I was in a different department so I had little to no interaction with him, but he seemed ok. One day after work this dude goes onto his college's Facebook and makes a fucked up comment about one of the football players attending a children's charity event ( smmfh ). Anyway, the college students/faculty goes in on him and go to his facebook and twitter, only to find dude had a bunch of images with him and the Confederate Flag and guns. Then they hit up his Linkedin and find out where he works and they send us a flood of messages about what he did and his pictures with the confederate flags. Now in this situation the head of his department and upper management decided he made a "honest mistake", but the CEO decided it wasn't worth the trouble and let him go a few days later. Still don't know what compelled him to go onto his college's page and say something messed up.
Was the football player black or not and people still went after since it was a charity and found the shit on him by accident?

I saw it on the coli. It seems like its a false alarm
Good.
Can't be thirsting after married women.

Kreed

Was the football player black or not and people still went after since it was a charity and found the shit on him by accident?

Good.
Can't be thirsting after married women.

The player was black, but the comment was along the lines of calling the guy and the team fake for being at the event (the coworker was just a former student at the school). And yeah they were just looking for dirt on him/were going to comment on his social media pages and found the pictures.

Numb

The player was black, but the comment was along the lines of calling the guy and the team fake for being at the event (the coworker was just a former student at the school). And yeah they were just looking for dirt on him/were going to comment on his social media pages and found the pictures.

What a dumbass.
Can't say his racist ass had no connection making the comment in the first place because of the players color. Who poses with guns and that flag on the internet and then expect people not to find them. Going to work like everything is chill. Gotta be real special.

RedSwirl

This sleep cycle bullshit continues...

Couldn't sleep until like 6:00. I think I got out of the bed at like 3pm. Tried to immediately fill out some job applications which kept me in a stat of undress until 5. By the time I showered the sun was coming down. Y'all told me it was better to try to get two hours of sleep and suffer the morning than to try to stay up for two days, but I just don't know. I think I've forgotten how to even sleep for just a couple hours.

This sleep cycle bullshit continues...

Couldn't sleep until like 6:00. I think I got out of the bed at like 3pm. Tried to immediately fill out some job applications which kept me in a stat of undress until 5. By the time I showered the sun was coming down. Y'all told me it was better to try to get two hours of sleep and suffer the morning than to try to stay up for two days, but I just don't know. I think I've forgotten how to even sleep for just a couple hours.

after doing the latter a couple times, struggling to stay awake for the day after getting 2 maybe two hours was the better move for me.

take a nap whenever you get a break until you can get some actual sleep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom