• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
ap-2013-tiff-belle-portraits.jpg

I'm thirsty

The only reason I watched more than 2 episodes of Undercovers.

And that scene where her dress dropped and that ass jiggled?

*sweats*

Greg Howard took Jason Whitlock to the woodshed again.

How ESPN's Fear Of The Truth Defeated "Black Grantland"

It’s easy to say now that Whitlock was destined to fail at The Undefeated, but that’s a harsh reading of events. Whitlock is an unsophisticated thinker on race who wrote his belief in black pathology into the The Undefeated’s DNA, and whose ideas about respectability politics bled into each piece he edited before he was tossed aside. His ideology was formed over 20 years of writing opinions on race that were largely inaccurate, but, more importantly, firmly aligned with the opinions of many whites. Though he’d alienated many blacks along the way, including talented ESPN colleagues, his readings of American history were agreeable to an enormous portion of ESPN’s audience. He was decidedly safe and unchallenging. Through this lens, Whitlock was, in theory at least, the perfect choice to run the site.

“If Marie Donoghue’s enthusiasm for the site is high, you might actually see a site right now,” another ESPN source says.

[...]

To make the point, the source told me about an interaction between Donoghue and Bryant, where Donoghue offered an example of content she’d like to see on The Undefeated. She mentioned one of the pieces that Grantland writer Rembert Browne has written on Nicki Minaj. They’re fun and good posts, to be sure, and any good site covers both light and heavy topics. But Rembert went to Ferguson. Rembert flew to Selma with Obama. You’re saying something when you single out his Nicki Minaj posts as examples of what you want.

Whitlock's baby ass response:

@WhitlockJason 4h4 hours ago

Greg Howard = see how black I am, I let Craggs and Marchman quote Ta-Nehisi Coates in my stories. #TheExplanation2 Do Not Miss It.

lmao

Dereck

Racism is weird. Everybody knows it totally exists, but when you look at any specific situation, racism is never involved. You can know that it exists, but when you look for it, it turns into something else.

Don't_blink.jpg

Racism is quantum locked. It doesn't exist when it's being observed. The moment it is seen by any living creature, it freezes into a coincidence.

Like always, thanks Htown.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181038682&postcount=179
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181038000&postcount=128

Numb

ap-2013-tiff-belle-portraits.jpg

I'm thirsty
oh my.

I expect nothing less from this board. From now on I'm going to be avoiding these kinds of threads like the plague
Most of the internet.
Either trolls just waiting to derail stuff.
Guys with no empathy due to enviroment grown that downplay the issues faced by minorities.
And full blown racist guys. Some are smart and hide and some slip up and get got.

Open racists are the best. No need to try to understand each since they are already set on their ways and nothing can be done.
That is when it's time to throw down, either verbally or fisticuffsly.

Numb

Gotta love how little fucks they give.
How else would we get things like Revengeance and the Kingdom Heart lovely titles?

andthebeatgoeson

Man, that game was boring af, last night. I'm not a baseball fan. I'm a fair weather, Phillies fan. And I'm okay with that. I could only get into it with the idea of the cubs doing some damage. I guess that's why baseball sportswriters are desperately needed. Without those fan boys jerking off at minutia, I wouldn't give a crap.

Epstein, when you finish with Chicago, come to Philly.

BTW, that Minaj thread is terrible. People moderately interested in pop culture are white washing the interactions of stars in the past.

I'm a member of gaf. I have an internal sensor for nostalgia glasses. It came with the membership. You can't pull that one on me.

jmood88

I love how every "social media post gets person fired" story always brings out the people who are apparently incapable of stopping themselves from saying racist nonsense.

Numb

How can you be in Sweden and don't like football when Zlatan exists? smh
When you live soccer most of your life out of circumstance it gets like that. All soccer players are nothing but trash. Except Adriano, Henry,Batistuta,Ronaldinho and Van der sar.

If you only knew how deeply i despise soccer. Friends don't invite me to watch with them anymore cos i am always against their team and they have lost 100% of the times they watched with me. Even one grand final championship title. Hatred too strong it gives me infinite negative energy lol.

When you live soccer most of your life out of circumstance it gets like that. All soccer players are nothing but trash. Except Adriano, Henry,Batistuta,Ronaldinho and Van der sar.

If you only knew how deeply i despise soccer. Friends don't invite me to watch with them anymore cos i am always against their team and they have lost 100% of the times they watched with me. Even one grand final championship title. Hatred too strong it gives me infinite negative energy lol.

might I interest you in soccer's manlier cousin

giphy.gif

aigaGU8.gif

Numb

Googling ''usa rugby'' and the first thing that shows up is how ya'll got bodied by South Africa 64-0 USA less than 24hrs ago.
lupe1.png
wow.png
mjcry1.png
pachah1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom