• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Haha.

Can someone help me understand windows 10? It has programs and apps? Should I be looking in the usual places for programs and just stay away from the store? What's an app but just a program from a walled garden?

gXJEC7P.jpg

-----

W10 has brought me nothing but weird and annoying problems.
Expected it tho whenever i change anything something like this happens.
I try not to touch anything else.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That is the default reaction people have (even me not gonna lie) but knowing how deep the hole goes can put things into perspective quick. If they can't understand your position even after that and continue saying parents(especially mothers) can do no wrong they talking out their ass. They are still human. You don't become some sort of saint when you have kids.
It is what it is though man. It's the human condition to overlook the faults of evil unless it's blatant. People are so caught up on forgiveness that they don't take the time to say nah, people really can be bad. Evil is real just as much as good is a given. We make all these excuses for things we've been brought up to believe are right even when logically they shouldn't be. I mean being here even on gaf we see people do it all the time "is there really a reason to be outraged?" . It's all harmless fun and faults until it's not. We're supposed to learn from our parents and even though I've been beaten all my life and I at one point condoned that shit, whoopins and beatings are the same thing. Putting people down and destroying them are the same. No reason to give an inch for bullshit. We try not to for equality, we try not to for violence, and abusive parents should be no different. This is a situation where it is black and white. If you abuse your children you deserve to get fucked.

Numb

It is what it is though man. It's the human condition to overlook the faults of evil unless it's blatant. People are so caught up on forgiveness that they don't take the time to say nah, people really can be bad. Evil is real just as much as good is a given. We make all these excuses for things we've been brought up to believe are right even when logically they shouldn't be. I mean being here even on gaf we see people do it all the time "is there really a reason to be outraged?" . It's all harmless fun and faults until it's not. We're supposed to learn from our parents and even though I've been beaten all my life and I at one point condoned that shit, whoopins and beatings are the same thing. Putting people down and destroying them are the same. No reason to give an inch for bullshit. We try not to for equality, we try not to for violence, and abusive parents should be no different. This is a situation where it is black and white. If you abuse your children you deserve to get fucked.

Indeed. Being at home is where you should feel the safest and most comfortable. Unfotunately this could mean that it is the place that can have the complete opposite effect if it is in a condition where it is an abusive and very violent and demeaning household. The chances of it shaping you into something you would probably never want to be in the future are high since it is your base, your roots. There is a reason why child services are so no-bullshit. People can't relate to those that have went through something they never experienced before like all those you mentioned and downplay it like usual. This in it self is one of the biggest problems i see on Gaf and the net. Lack of empathy and complete ignorance and dismissing subjects alien to you by default. There are people going through some abusive things with people close to them and lost all hope, too embraced to say otherwise and cling to one day leave when they get old enough or run awayy or something along those lines. If you are a parent who already knows who you are and what you are capable of as a human then what was the reason you became one if you would make a kids life miserable? Such people don't deserve children. Abuse is abuse nomatter how you look at it and should not be tolerated. I can't relate to you since i didn't have the same experience but i can atleast sympathize. Hope the fuckery ends peacefully with no drama.

Beatings were reserved for teachers and you don't want a piece of that lol.

Haha.

Can someone help me understand windows 10? It has programs and apps? Should I be looking in the usual places for programs and just stay away from the store? What's an app but just a program from a walled garden?

I haven't been to the win10 store but i'm guessing that apps are stuff like widgets for calendars, reminders, shitty games and stuff? Sort of "mobile apps" but for windows 10?

Although, i'm also guessing that they're trying for people to put the usual programs/apps that you download and install on the store too. (Good luck with that)

EDIT: Yo Numb, PS4 price coming down for us too, it seems, look at this deal in Amazon.de. (Ignore the game cause yeah, i figure you won't like it )

jmood88

I don't know what happened at Microsoft that resulted in Xbox live getting PS3-era download speeds but it took about 8 hours for me to download the Star Wars beta.

jmood88

Damn MS use to kill on download speeds. They running PSN software?
I never had anything take over an hour, no matter how big the download, on the 360 but anything over a gb takes forever. I know that file sizes are bigger now on average but everything takes much longer to download now than it did on the 360.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i cant fuck with the new battlefront. i didnt realize just how much i would miss classes until i played it

Jacir

http://religionandpolitics.org/2015/10/06/on-planned-parenthood-beware-of-false-prophets/

Good article on Planned Parenthood; it's history and some of the ways people have attacked it. Ignore the title of the link, it's fairly balanced. I interpreted it as leaning more towards supporting PP.

Oh I read this a few days ago. It interested me at first because I wanted to know about the conspiracy against the black community and wether it was true. Good article.

oooo, thanks

No problem.

Samara

I don't know how to feel.
I ask if some professional L'oreal hair boutique if they have hair product for curly hair and this girl tells me and I quote 'we don't carry product for negroid hair'......

One my hair is partially curly and I continued telling her that 'WE' have kinky or curly hair.

smh

I ask if some professional L'oreal hair boutique if they have hair product for curly hair and this girl tells me and I quote 'we don't carry product for negroid hair'......

One my hair is partially curly and I continued telling her that 'WE' have kinky or curly hair.

smh

Did you talk to a manager about it? "Negroid hair" is the type of shit that'll get you free hair product for a year.

Alternatively: "oh no ma'am you don't understand, i'm of Congoloid persuasion"

smh
what in the actual fuck
Did you talk to a manager about it? "Negroid hair" is the type of shit that'll get you free hair product for a year.

This, for real

royalan

smh

Lord, guide my hand and make it strong...

Village

Thanks, also Rei clean your damn room. What would t'challa think of you .

On granddad, he was old enough to where while it was sad, he's old. Old people die, i've long since come to terms with that. The really sad part is, his mind just went in his final years, to the degree that his body forgot how to function properly hence... the death. its odd to see a person you used to interact with mind just... go.

We celebrated a life, talked about him. I got to dress up nice. Had my young man Geezer steeze

Numb

smh

Thats some next level shit.
Don't let it end without saying something back to superiors or something.

Samara

I've talked to my bf about it. I guess it's a faux pas as I know she wanted to say ''ethnic or black''. But even then, it's just hair, be it kinky, it's not that different. In Canada, the ethnic hair aisle in Walmart is tiny, but I manage somewhat, but the some beauty supply prices are terrible.

But I'll call the manager tomorrow. I doubt I'll get free product tho. I was just looking for some Curls Unleashed. Shouldve known not to enter a non negroid hair boutique.

jmood88

smh
"Negroid"? Get the fuck outta here.

I've talked to my bf about it. I guess it's a faux pas as I know she wanted to say ''ethnic or black''. But even then, it's just hair, be it kinky, it's not that different. In Canada, the ethnic hair aisle in Walmart is tiny, but I manage somewhat, but the some beauty supply prices are terrible.

But I'll call the manager tomorrow. I doubt I'll get free product tho. I was just looking for some Curls Unleashed. Shouldve known not to enter a non negroid hair boutique.
Yeah..fuck that negroid shit. The fuck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom