• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Haha. I'm sure that just happened. Coincidence.

full

So in Japan they decided to create a ninja based on America, keep in mind he is suppose to look like a rocket.

latest

The implications are unfortiante
Welp..Japan lol.
CPf3zpH.gif

#banslyven
Ha! Knew someone would take note..
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Besides Slay and Alf, everyone here is under 40. BLM support won't solve the Bernie situation.
Geezuz, son..lemme get there first..I feel old enough..

sounds about right. The Clintons been a meme in black culture for decades. Niggas didn't even watch the debate, they going off name recognition. I don't think there's much Sanders can do about that, unless someone whose influence extends beyond twitter really bigs him up.

Is Cornel West a thing outside of Twitter? He's supporting Sanders. Maybe Tavis Smiley needs to throw in as well.

I'll give a little credit now. But if you remember any of it in 10 years, I'll give you dap.

Quick, someone correlate those 18-29 numbers with older black voters and how much they don't care about BLM. So we can show people we are not a monolith. And that Bernie is fighting against the grain for all minority voters.

There is another major obstacle: very few Democrats are supporting him. He's an independent. He's not getting endorsed by super delegates. So, all minorities, all super delegates... And they blame it on the black people.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Besides Slay and Alf, everyone here is under 40. BLM support won't solve the Bernie situation.

I'm over 40 as well. I'm leaning Hillary atm, but I think it's:

1) I'm biased because of how petty the Standers are on social media

2) I'm pragmatic about Hillary's political skills versus Sanders' political skills

This is probably a function of my age, I'm sure.

Slayven

Hey, old man..Shield S1 Ep9 (Repairs)..same planet? Not sure if discussed before.
Someone mentioned thaat, but didn't that planet have trees and shit?

Yeah you only sound like an old ass dude.
My soul is a 1000 year old dragon
I sound like a child..voice don't mean ��

No offense but both you and your girl sound like y'all win all the phone interviews.

Ms.Manky what do you think of Same Wilson and Misty Knight? Feels forced and another oh they black lets stick them together.

I'll have to give it another look. Just seen it an hour ago..didn't notice trees.
No offense but both you and your girl sound like y'all win all the phone interviews.
LMAO ain't from the south..just raised here. Gotta get mighty angry to sound otherwise..it's probably the biggest thing to cause problems in my life. Always a "you think you something" nonsense. Them other folks weren't ever fond of it at all. My girl? Shit..not sure what you mean.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
And motherfuckers wanted to act like what Bish said about Sanders was a joke. Now they see how important it is for him to go for the black vote.
Like I said, the primaries are *over* on the Democrat side and have been for months. The slimmest of slim chances was available for Bernie before he fucked up at Netroots and then his supporters went HAM with the "Father Knows Best" fuckery online. So be it, it's a good look on them.

I hope TBGWT and TWIB touch on these numbers in their next round of podcasts. I'll be sitting at the table with a snootful of Drambuie on the rocks, nodding grimly.

"You were told, and refused to listen."

akira28

Ms.Manky what do you think of Same Wilson and Misty Knight? Feels forced and another oh they black lets stick them together.

I thought that he was all kissing on white woman Thor.

Slayven

Like I said, the primaries are *over* on the Democrat side and have been for months. The slimmest of slim chances was available for Bernie before he fucked up at Netroots and then his supporters went HAM with the "Father Knows Best" fuckery online. So be it, it's a good look on them.

I hope TBGWT and TWIB touch on these numbers in their next round of podcasts. I'll be sitting at the table with a snootful of Drambuie on the rocks, nodding grimly.

"You were told, and refused to listen."
Can't wait for that, that and Karen's kid hating.
they need to curb that relationship. lucy rand needs to happen
They shipped Ghost Rider and Ms. Marvel? Their kid would almost be too brown.

ReiGun

I thought Misty was hooking up with Iron Fist. I'm so behind on Marvel.

Jacir

A couple of months ago it was Senegal. Now it's Sudan. Señd african soldiers to help fight in a war where Arabs and Arab Muslims don't give a shit about black people in general or/and are racist towards them brehs. Whilst Saudi Arabia, having the highest military budget in the Middle East (this may be wrong), is going around looking for help in a war in their own neighborhood brehs. The Saudis can't fight for shit if you compare their their budget.

Devils advocate is that Senegal sending their own troops made hella less sense compared to Sudan or Somalia solely due to geography.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...anese-troops-join-saudi-led-campaign-in-yemen

EDIT- article about Arab racism towards blacks in the Arab/Muslim world.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/10...e-east-often-face-virulent-racism-from-arabs/

Furyous

Is there an audio sample of that poster so I can compare? It's easy to tell if he'll win a phone interview after hearing his voice for 20 seconds. We need Sam Wilson and Carol Danvers just to take the hurt to the next level.

Slayven

I thought Misty was hooking up with Iron Fist. I'm so behind on Marvel.
They broke up when they found out Misty's pregnancy was false reading do his extra chi leaking into her.

Is there an audio sample of that poster so I can compare? It's easy to tell if he'll win a phone interview after hearing his voice for 20 seconds. We need Sam Wilson and Carol Danvers just to take the hurt to the next level.

I am petty enough to want Black Panther to hook up with Carol, I guarantee you will see some shit if that happened.

If your soul is a 1000 year old dragon, does that mean you look like a 9 year old Japanese girl? :)

And as far as Sam Wilson/Misty Knight is concerned, I agree with Parallax:

they need to curb that relationship. lucy rand needs to happen

Y'all know how we love diversity because we want all kids to have a superhero/superheroine they can relate to? As a full grown adult in an interracial relationship, I love that there is a version of the Heroes for Hire that is two of them: Luke Cage/Jessica Jones and Iron First/Misty Knight (and one can argue for Luke Cage/Iron Fist being the third). Danielle Cage and Lucy Rand need to exist, so they can grow up and be Heroes For Hire 2.0.

That said, I love it when black love happens in comic books. And it should happen more often. But so many hero groups are multiracial or have a token PoC. And writers usually make those groups so close knit that relationships should happen /in/ the group. They had to retro a real connection between Storm and Black Panther and get Eric Jerome Dickey to write a novel to make the Ororo/T'challa wedding make sense.

And they later broke up, wasting all that time and effort (which is kind of a shame for people who first came on board the Marvel train /because/ of the wedding).

Because really, T'challa's first love is his kingdom. Ororo's first love is Xavier's Dream/her teammates. They'd have too long distance a relationship (especially when you can travel dimensions/planes in the Marvel Universe) to really make it work. Someone would have to give up something. So it really boiled down to, IMHO, Marvel wanting two black superheroes to get together.

Black couples that would have made more sense:

Luke Cage/Misty Knight, before Bendis made Jessica Jones.
Night Thrasher/Silhouette. Didn't they get together?

I'm sure you can think of more, Slayven.

Slayven

If your soul is a 1000 year old dragon, does that mean you look like a 9 year old Japanese girl? :)

And as far as Sam Wilson/Misty Knight is concerned, I agree with Parallax:

Y'all know how we love diversity because we want all kids to have a superhero/superheroine they can relate to? As a full grown adult in an interracial relationship, I love that there is a version of the Heroes for Hire that is two of them: Luke Cage/Jessica Jones and Iron First/Misty Knight (and one can argue for Luke Cage/Iron Fist being the third). Danielle Cage and Lucy Rand need to exist, so they can grow up and be Heroes For Hire 2.0.

That said, I love it when black love happens in comic books. And it should happen more often. But so many hero groups are multiracial or have a token PoC. And writers usually make those groups so close knit that relationships should happen /in/ the group. They had to retro a real connection between Storm and Black Panther and get Eric Jerome Dickey to write a novel to make the Ororo/T'challa wedding make sense.

And they later broke up, wasting all that time and effort (which is kind of a shame for people who first came on board the Marvel train /because/ of the wedding).

Because really, T'challa's first love is his kingdom. Ororo's first love is Xavier's Dream/her teammates. They'd have too long distance a relationship (especially when you can travel dimensions/planes in the Marvel Universe) to really make it work. Someone would have to give up something. So it really boiled down to, IMHO, Marvel wanting two black superheroes to get together.

Black couples that would have made more sense:

Luke Cage/Misty Knight, before Bendis made Jessica Jones.
Night Thrasher/Silhouette. Didn't they get together?

I'm sure you can think of more, Slayven.

Girrrrrrrll I love me some Sihouette, her and Oracle too handcap women that don't take no shit and can kill 20 twenty times over before you think. Goddamn sham how Oracle went down. Damn shame.

I always liked Forge/Storm, Mal Ducan/Bumblebee, John Stewart/Fatality(she is alien i know what she looks black), Thunder/Grace Choi, and I can't think of any more at the moment. Too bad JSA went to shit before Lightening/Dr.Midnight could go down. Be interesting to see how they dealt with an older man dating an younger woman seriously.

Oh and Jason Firestorm and Firehawk kind of had a weird thing going when they were bonded.

Nope. Even still, the planets may not be the same. If iirc, they only showed a 3D render in the show and it was super red. Like Mars red.
I just assumed it was the render that defaulted as red..Just watched it yesterday. Either way I figured seasons? That could be the difference? Distance from whatever sun it orbits during that time? Overthinking, I'm sure lol..

Slayven

Marvel and DC are lame, Slay.

You should just create something, instead of giving them your energy.

I can do both, I expect your 2.99 when I release the "The Minstrel Mage" on Amazon.

About a black teen that gets transported to a fantasy universe where his skills with rapping allows him to master the music based magic system.

A couple of months ago it was Senegal. Now it's Sudan. Señd african soldiers to help fight in a war where Arabs and Arab Muslims don't give a shit about black people in general or/and are racist towards them brehs. Whilst Saudi Arabia, having the highest military budget in the Middle East (this may be wrong), is going around looking for help in a war in their own neighborhood brehs. The Saudis can't fight for shit if you compare their their budget.

Devils advocate is that Senegal sending their own troops made hella less sense compared to Sudan or Somalia solely due to geography.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...anese-troops-join-saudi-led-campaign-in-yemen

EDIT- article about Arab racism towards blacks in the Arab/Muslim world.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/10...e-east-often-face-virulent-racism-from-arabs/

I get like quarterly lectures on Middle East/Islamic culture and one thing that gets brought up is the clashes between Arabs and black people there. Its pretty much has been present since Islam was first introduced to Africa. Crazy how those events even happen when SA doesn't give much of a fuck about what happens in Africa and is more focused on funding the quagmire in Iraq and Syria and protecting their interests.

I can do both, I expect your 2.99 when I release the "The Minstrel Mage" on Amazon.

About a black teen that gets transported to a fantasy universe where his skills with rapping allows him to master the music based magic system.

If that's the route you want to take, I guess my only advice is...

JBD_ItWasMe$21.jpg

...go big, or go home

Edit: Oh... you meant the other kind of minstrel... Well, still check this book out. It's awesome.

I just assumed it was the render that defaulted as red..Just watched it yesterday. Either way I figured seasons? That could be the difference? Distance from whatever sun it orbits during that time? Overthinking, I'm sure lol..

It could be the render, it's not really possible to tell because it's only the render. Outside of that, there's got to be thousands of planets that look like So Cal desert in the Universe.

Sounds like a Manga that would get at least 2 seasons when adapted to anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom