• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
damn I just caught up with that black face thread. was it bish that did that? if so homeboy went through that shit like old school ruroni kenshin, enough vigor to make mako to shishio blush through the bandages my nigga. good lord

I am getting real tired of the "I'm not American, why is this offensive?" excuse.

You are on a English speaking forum, that is basically about American culture and entertainment.

Well. Shit got..weird while I was gone. Father u c king to the fallen..

TheMist2007BRRip720px264AACEnglish_LatinoCALLIXTUS.mkv_20141012_164038.788c13fa.png

The majority of Topics are based off American current events or entertainment (large portion of the games industry is US based currently).

And plenty of topics aren't about either of those things. Are they the majority? Probably. Does that mean the forum is about American current events or entertainment? No.

And plenty of topics aren't about either of those things. Are they the majority? Probably. Does that mean the forum is about American current events or entertainment? No.

One could just frequent communities like this one for different topics but the majority of shit posted on here has to do with things under the umbrella of American culture, which is spread all over the world. The main point is if your on this board posting in English you have been in contact with enough American culture to no this shit ain't acceptable.

What the fuck are they putting something in the water over there in the USA? EDIT: i guess it's not just USA, fucking hell.

Second day that i go to sleep and when i wake up there's a bunch of dumb fuckery going on around here.

I mean, more than usual.

BigDes

10 to 1 they are from a country that has it's own unqiue racial issues. I

How many of those posters coming in going b-b-b-but it isn't racist in x country are the same tools that came in to the last thread on this going b-b-b-but it isn't racist in x country.

How many of those posters coming in going b-b-b-but it isn't racist in x country are the same tools that came in to the last thread on this going b-b-b-but it isn't racist in x country.
Tends to be the same ones. Same with those that pretend to abstain and yet drop some ambiguous turd comment..

Well, if there's something that amazes me about GAF it's the ability to spawn/reveal new shitheads when there's threads like these.

LionPride

Banned
Young man. Just use the extra muscle we get from being black and lift weights....

It helps me deal.
I can't even do that, group gym membership hasn't been renewed so I've started to feel like shit. Ain't playing rugby so I can focus on this first semester. I have no outlet right now. I'm getting angrier everytime I see dumb shit now. Got one more year then college...

BigDes

I've got a spare Bionic Commando Rearmed code for Steam for the last humble bundle if anyone wants it btw

Also that Dawn of War 2 standalone multiplayer thing

Bronx-Man

Banned
I can never read a Richard Dawkins thread. I my eyes end up rolling so much i get a migraine. I do not like that man
He's got a real cult of personality, I'll give him that. Says a lot about how so many people in that thread would defend hate speech against trans people, especially considering you know they wouldn't be in defense force mode if that speaker was talking about any other minority group.

I've got a spare Bionic Commando Rearmed code for Steam for the last humble bundle if anyone wants it btw

Also that Dawn of War 2 standalone multiplayer thing
I'd take it, but my shitty as hell laptop that I brought with me to University wouldn't be able to run it.

BigDes

He's got a real cult of personality, I'll give him that. Says a lot about how so many people in that thread would defend hate speech against trans people, especially considering you know they wouldn't be in defense force mode if that speaker was talking about any other minority group.

I'd take it, but my shitty as hell laptop that I brought with me to University wouldn't be able to run it.

You sure? The game isn't massively demanding

BigDes

Of all the sites and apps banned or blocked in China I am ashamed to say it is Marvel Unlimited that is hurting the most.

EDIT: Fuck, thought this was the comic thread

Rembrandt

Banned
Remember these links whenever people say racism is dead, we live in a post-racial america, racism is dying, etc:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-discrimination-in-america-is-basically-over/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ls-are-just-about-as-racist-as-their-parents/

Remember that people, in 2015, with more access to news and other opinions than ever before are still incredibly ignorant to black people's struggles. Remember that first link whenever you're about to explain something obvious to posters here. We are not obligated to educate people and people that are still oblivious to certain things but post dissenting views in certain threads should be ignored.

akira28

Tends to be the same ones. Same with those that pretend to abstain and yet drop some ambiguous turd comment..

"guys. I don't believe in racism or mean to say that any of this is okay, but in this hypothetical example I've constructed to remove all the controversy, I still don't see what's wrong with coloring your skin another color to imitate a different race..."

edit: dat Scientific Beast tho...

Kreed

WHy is Blackface so universal? I mean it happens in countries from Europe to asia.

Lack of respect and/or awareness IMO. Example, that make up Enzom21 posted a few pages ago. Do you think a Native American, Indian, Black, Latino, etc... ethnic minority in a country where another ethnic group is the majority would wear that shit outside of a comedy bit/in a form of protest?

Slayven

Rants about how stunning post history is, people look into said history

giphy.gif

Lack of respect and/or awareness IMO. Example, that make up Enzom21 posted a few pages ago. Do you think a Native American, Indian, Black, Latino, etc... ethnic minority in a country where another ethnic group is the majority would wear that shit outside of a comedy bit/in a form of protest?

Pretty much, punching down(hate that term but it can be right) is the name of the game

LionPride

Banned
So a couple of my white friends don't understand why I'm upset at the blackface thing. One of em quite literally said don't be so sensitive.

Fucking hate people so much

Also in xyz country just because the black people haven't gotten the confidence to tell you that you're doing some fucked up shit, doesn't mean it's perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom