• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Also in xyz country just because the black people haven't gotten the confidence to tell you that you're doing some fucked up shit, doesn't mean it's perfectly fine.

Every year there are native people protesting Zwalte Pete, but they get labeled complainers or wanting to make kid's cry.

Also in xyz country just because the black people haven't gotten the confidence to tell you that you're doing some fucked up shit, doesn't mean it's perfectly fine.

There was a zwarte piet thread with some politician dressing up in blackface visiting kids in hospitals to bring them joy or some shit. People legit said there was nothing wrong with it, especially since he was helping kids.

BigDes

I hate the oh its different in Europe than it is in America because of historical reasons argument.

No it fucking isn't. The colonial powers of Europe are as much to blame as America is. I used to live in Liverpool, the centre of the city is full of these beautiful old buildings all built on the back of the slave trade.

Saying Zwarte Piet is ok because we in Europe don't have the the same history of mistreating black people is utterly fucking gross.

Rembrandt

Banned
yTEunf1.png

my halloween costume.

I hate the oh its different in Europe than it is in America because of historical reasons argument.

No it fucking isn't. The colonial powers of Europe are as much to blame as America is. I used to live in Liverpool, the centre of the city is full of these beautiful old buildings all built on the back of the slave trade.

Saying Zwarte Piet is ok because we in Europe don't have the the same history of mistreating black people is utterly fucking gross.

Human zoos were a thing in Europe.

So according to people a black student should expect no rights or sympathy unless they are on the honor roll?

I stayed away from that thread because it's just plain triggering to me. I had experiences like that in elementary school, and if there had been a cop like that, my life trajectory would be very different.

I would definitely say something resulting to a ban if I got involved.

Slayven

I stayed away from that thread because it's just plain triggering to me. I had experiences like that in elementary school, and if there had been a cop like that, my life trajectory would be very different.

I would definitely say something resulting to a ban if I got involved.

I need something to do. before i catch one. I have deleted so much text

Trey

Has anyone posted a mhwilliams tier blackface rebuttal/explainer in that thread yet? I might do it later tonight, for the edification of the people.

BigDes

Thanks for the recommendations guys

Read some of them but quite a lot I have not. Which is the series that is a bit like Black Science but underwater?

Everyone is a Remender fan but me. I just can't into any of his stuff. Indie or Marvel.

I think X-Force may be the exception, but I was even lukewarm on that too.

Bronx-Man

Banned
X-Force and Black Science were fantastic. Everything else I'm just passive on. It's not bad, but not really impressive to me most of the time.

Numb

Time is a flat circle.

I swear to you people were asking and saying the same shit that was answered 10 pages ago in every page.
You can't compete with such people that walk over bodies straight into the line of gunfire.
Gotta calm down and watch this Paris Sony thing hoping for Tekken X Streetfighter again.

Is "are you going to ban me cause i have a different opinion" the new "omg, outrage culture"?

EDIT: ^^ this shit is like hydra, ban a racist shithead, and 2 more shall take his place.

Numb

Is "are you going to ban me cause i have a different opinion" the new "omg, outrage culture"?

EDIT: ^^ this shit is like hydra, ban a racist shithead, and 2 more shall take his place.

If you put the word ''ban'' anywhere in your sentense before posting some crazy fuckery then it doesn't become a shield but a target actually.
''don't wanna say this cos i'll probably get banned but..''etc etc
ded

I'm going to bring this up here because frankly it has no use in the other topic.

The black male teacher being a-ok with how the cop assaulted that black girl. Dis-fucking-gusting. Fuck him for that.

The black guys who didn't defend her. Trauma notwithstanding (trust me, I understand that), it bothers me.

Black men not doing nearly enough to support and defend black women and children in situations like these and others. Going as far as to shit on them while defending everyone else? Hella annoying and way too common.

It's like solidarity only matters when protecting straight black men. And that's fucking wrong.

Numb

I'm going to bring this up here because frankly it has no use in the other topic.

The black male teacher being a-ok with how the cop assaulted that black girl. Dis-fucking-gusting. Fuck him for that.

The black guys who didn't defend her. Trauma notwithstanding (trust me, I understand that), it bothers me.

Black men not doing nearly enough to support and defend black women and children in situations like these and others. Going as far as to shit on them while defending everyone else? Hella annoying and way too common.

It's like solidarity only matters when protecting straight black men. And that's fucking wrong.

I think i already said what happens to you if you fuck with any women so yeah.
Disgusted at them.

Tonedeff

Where you're from - Born in Virginia; raised all over as a Navy brat
Where you live - Louisiana
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm black
Do you know your roots - No and to be perfectly honest, I've never cared
Favorite musical genre - Hip hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Currently, i work at a car wash (please kill me)
Your religious affiliation - Atheist as a motherfucker
Hobbies - Video games; a little art and music on the side
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles - Southern classic

Numb

Where you're from - Born in Virginia; raised all over as a Navy brat
Where you live - Louisiana
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - I'm black
Do you know your roots - No and to be perfectly honest, I've never cared
Favorite musical genre - Hip hop
Your profession/major/career interest - Currently, i work at a car wash (please kill me)
Your religious affiliation - Atheist as a motherfucker
Hobbies - Video games; a little art and music on the side
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles - Southern classic

Welcome welcom welcome. That heritage and roots

------

Post in the Kanye thread about things not changing and the same exact second the same old bullshit is posted the same time above me.
lol

Bronx-Man

Banned

It's disturbing and disheartening. To see our own brothers have no empathy for anyone but themselves is just disgusting to me. It's our duty as men to support the ones around us, always.

Tonedeff

Wait, when it says "Do you know your roots?", does it mean "Do you know your black American roots?", as in our history in America or is it something deeper than that, like "Do you know what country your family originally came from?" on some African roots shit? Because i do know the former

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom