• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Tonedeff's made me realise I haven't filled one of those out myself, so:

Where you're from - Toronto
Where you live - Toronto
What is your age? - 20
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Somalian.
Do you know your roots - For centuries back, easily.
Favorite musical genre - Soul.
Your profession/major/career interest - Double major, Comp Sci + Psych. Second year for me. I have no idea what I want to be, software development seems to be the forerunner for now but that all changes every midterm/finals season.
Your religious affiliation - Islam.
Hobbies - I art, I sing sometimes, play a few instruments.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeye's gets the default victory. Never even seen the last two here.

Samara

Someone asked me if my cuban doll wasn't blackface
lc3bacia-makena.jpg

I mean I would understand why someone might...but its not.

Mizerman

Heh. Forgot about that little tidbit in the OP.

Might as well.

Where you're from - Florida
Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 26
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Native American
Do you know your roots - All I know is some info about my Great-Great Grandmother.
Favorite musical genre - Don't really have a fixed taste in music. Whatever sounds good at the time is fine with me.
Your profession/major/career interest - Currently getting my A.S. in Criminal Justice. Want to do administrative work.
Your religious affiliation - Wasn't raised in a highly religious home. Though I would not identify as atheist.
Hobbies - Video games, reading
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC and Popeyes, fam.

Numb

Might as well.

Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 26
Do you know your roots - All I know is some info about my Great-Great Grandmother.
Favorite musical genre - Don't really have a fixed taste in music. Whatever sounds good at the time is fine with me.
Your profession/major/career interest - Currently getting my A.S. in Criminal Justice. Want to do administrative work.
Your religious affiliation - Wasn't raised in a highly religious home. Though I would not identify as atheist.
Welcome welcome welcome.

Shy

Sup, sup. :O The struggle through Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1. There can't be a worse game I've played this year.
You should play tales from the borderlands, it's the best of the Telltales games.
A sis?Hello there.
34c6fratboys-bros-in-japan-the-bros-develop-young.gif

Not enough of us unfortunately.
That gif is adorable.

Might as well.

Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 26
Welcome welcome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sup, sup. :O The struggle through Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1. There can't be a worse game I've played this year.

Trying to play it now is like pulling teeth. Even TT's brand of shitty game is killing TWD - Tales from the Borderlands is fantastic and destroys TWD on all fronts.

andthebeatgoeson

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| It's been 13 OTs, just get over it already.
golf clap
So according to people a black student should expect no rights or sympathy unless they are on the honor roll?
She's 14? It's like they have never seen a young girl sulk and roll her eyes. First time in history.
I'm going to bring this up here because frankly it has no use in the other topic.

The black male teacher being a-ok with how the cop assaulted that black girl. Dis-fucking-gusting. Fuck him for that.

The black guys who didn't defend her. Trauma notwithstanding (trust me, I understand that), it bothers me.

Black men not doing nearly enough to support and defend black women and children in situations like these and others. Going as far as to shit on them while defending everyone else? Hella annoying and way too common.

It's like solidarity only matters when protecting straight black men. And that's fucking wrong.
The teacher was pure bitchassness. Probably talks about the students worse than the cop. 'So savage' while drinking his herbal tea. But the kids get a pass. They looked like rape victims when their step dad walked into the room. Didn't move a muscle. I felt real bad. All the twitter accounts letting the world know the cop was being a jerk for years and the terrible administration probably hand waved it all.

Our own people will get shook and cosign every racist entity. They are collecting checks and talking bad about poor black people. No empathy. They can be lazy fucks waiting on retirement.
why is everyone telling black people to get over racism?

Because racism ended 30 years ago when they were born. They haven't seen it, so it's not around.

andthebeatgoeson

Because bumasses like Don Lemon keep telling them that it's ok to do?
Word on the street was his ass saying we need more info. Young girl, not violent, not threatening, gets tossed around the room. Hello, feminists? Anybody there?
A sis?Hello there.
34c6fratboys-bros-in-japan-the-bros-develop-young.gif

Not enough of us unfortunately.

Chill. Don't be scaring the girls away. Things ain't been the same since that Bear left the building.

Oh lawd, can we have a censorship on black face pics? Ain't no way they thought they look anything like them? Actually, I've met enough people who are like, 'totally, you look just like them.'

I usually hit them with a dehumanizing, 'all of us don't look alike'. That quiets them down for a second.

Furyous

Tonedeff's made me realise I haven't filled one of those out myself, so:

We got Islam on here? Does qualify as a GAININ ON YA moment? Bout time we got some religious diversity round here. Now excuse me as I get into some fuckery. How's Toronto right now? Is it as culturally accepting as it appears to be?

Might as well.

Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 26

^^^ 'Cism because KFC over Churches. Da fuq? Do I want to know how bad the Florida cism is or nah?

jmood88

It's funny to me how so many people here understand how shutting down discussion over gun control helps keep things from getting better but we're constantly told to never talk about issues stemming from race because it just makes things worse and has no point.

Sch1sm

You should play tales from the borderlands, it's the best of the Telltales games.

That gif is adorable.

Welcome welcome.

I've started playing that, actually, got ep 1 free on XBONE. Way better, way better. Gonna have to pick up the next episodes.

Trying to play it now is like pulling teeth. Even TT's brand of shitty game is killing TWD - Tales from the Borderlands is fantastic and destroys TWD on all fronts.

Yeah, bit ridiculous. I've played most of them in the past two months, Wolf Among Us, GoT, Walking Dead, Tales form Borderlands. TWD is by far the worst, followed by GOT, with Borderlands sitting at the top as the only one with an opening episode that I could actually enjoy in the slightest.

We got Islam on here? Does qualify as a GAININ ON YA moment? Bout time we got some religious diversity round here. Now excuse me as I get into some fuckery. How's Toronto right now? Is it as culturally accepting as it appears to be?

^^^ 'Cism because KFC over Churches. Da fuq? Do I want to know how bad the Florida cism is or nah?

Culturally, it's fine, but then we have to take into account that there's pockets of cultures. So, as diverse as it appears statistically, you know where to find certain cultures more so than others.

I've never faced any issues based on my religion, but it's not inexistent. Could be part because I don't wear any religious garbs -- no scarves, despite practicing. I remember reading a story of a woman who was attacked verbally recently in a mall. It's a problem, but it could easily be a problem caused by our last Prime Minister being so anti-niqab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom