• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

And once again, it's the fucking SAEs. Yes, yes there are good and bad frats out there, but these guys seem to be hitting for the cycle in the racism games. Just ban them from Yale, now.

60ish? I'm not that old...yet. :) And Lil Manky did attempt to grow a fro this past summer. He needs to learn a little before he can hit Dante deBlasio status.

That's so crazy. I like that he's going for a less 'realistic' framing for the movie, what with Samuel L. Jackson as the Greek Chorus, so to speak, narrating the tale. Though it seems more dramatic and angry than comic and...

JOHN CUSACK PREACHING IN A ROBE WHAT THE FUCK?

That came out of nowhere. Was John Turtturo busy?

Dante's fro game is untouchable.

Slayven

Has anyone ever do research on what would have happen if America hadn't embraced slavery? Would the power development of the country been stunted?

Trey

Has anyone ever do research on what would have happen if America hadn't embraced slavery? Would the power development of the country been stunted?

No civil war so the ridiculous amount of money spent on reconstruction would have went toward other things, perhaps scientific innovation, with a more generally educated populace. No slave labor to drive an economy so labor is more accurately valued, so trade is perhaps a bit more fair, and economic development occurs more evenly.

Obviously we'll never know for sure, but the harm slavery has inflicted upon our country is still felt thoroughly to this day

Slayven

Goddamn dude on Fresh off the boat hit the black dude with racism on why he can't get a date.

No civil war so the ridiculous amount of money spent on reconstruction would have went toward other things, perhaps scientific innovation, with a more generally educated populace. No slave labor to drive an economy so labor is more accurately valued, so trade is perhaps a bit more fair, and economic development occurs more evenly.

Obviously we'll never know for sure, but the harm slavery has inflicted upon our country is still felt thoroughly to this day
It is interesting thought experiment. We might even have flying cars

Crocodile

The realization (I've had this thought before but tonight brings it back) that Republicans are winning so many smaller government offices on the basis of "fuck that nigger Obama" really doesn't make me feel good about myself :/

cdyhybrid

The realization (I've had this thought before but tonight brings it back) that Republicans are winning so many smaller government offices on the basis of "fuck that nigger Obama" really doesn't make me feel good about myself :/

Well, that and Democrats (particularly young ones) don't vote in smaller elections.

Slayven

Which is hilarious because Democrats last midterm went "I don't know that nigga over there" trying to win votes

Dereck

I'm screaming

enhanced-1213-1416265961-5.png

Malyse

Google gerrymandering

I mean, there are places where most people voted democrat and a republican won the seat. How the fuck does that work?

----

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/11/03/woman-accused-of-dumping-acid-on-boy.html

Trey

Turnout is even more depressing. We really, honestly have to do better.

andthebeatgoeson

What's the plan for tonight, BCT? Anything good?

RE4. GOAT with master race edition. And the PC controls are growing on me but I've put up with GCN controls so I can probably launch a missle from Russia with these hands. Crazy Taxi DC damn near took my hands. Those crazy dashes and those triggers will be why I get arthritis. Damn, that was an ugly ass controller.

I'm screaming

enhanced-1213-1416265961-5.png
Yo, I'm the first to be like, 'NO WE CANT HAVE CHICKFILA. Stop asking questions.'

And we all know Bernie is a PAWG hunter.

RE4. GOAT with master race edition. And the PC controls are growing on me but I've put up with GCN controls so I can probably launch a missle from Russia with these hands. Crazy Taxi DC damn near took my hands. Those crazy dashes and those triggers will be why I get arthritis. Damn, that was an ugly ass controller.
I have adaptors for DS2 controllers..fuck that monstrosity lol.

Numb

What's the plan for tonight, BCT? Anything good?
Tonight?
7AM and just woke instead of it being the usual going to bed time. Schedule fixed
for now lol
Try to play stuff maybe.

Eh, none of that entices me. There are a few Vita games I would like to play, but its not enough to buy a system for.

Cool. Not the type to buy a system for a single game or even a few. Good choice.
If it's cos of the price then the VitaTV is very cheap over there i hear(like 35?)
If it has the games you wanted.

zeemumu

It was supposed to drop at 10PM PST, and yet, nothing.

I bet if we asked for Lightning Returns footage they'd be tripping over their own erections trying to upload it.

Numb

Just checked the thread.
People are not having it at all.
wow Square are crazy.

But Lightning is the bestest they say.

zeemumu

Wait. There is a trailer out but only people there saw it and they are hiding it from you guys?
wtf

A summary for context:

Back in the summer, they announced the Big Hero 6 world at D23 in Anaheim (I attended that one) and said that Kingdom Hearts would have a bigger presence at the Japan D23.

They announce a Kingdom Hearts event for D23 Japan on the 3rd, but unlike the Anaheim one, this one had a media blackout that was lifted at midnight PST, revealing nothing but 3 screenshots and talks that a trailer was shown.

Someone said that the trailers would be revealed to the rest of us at 10PM PST today, which they obviously weren't, and now we're pissed.

Cool. Not the type to buy a system for a single game or even a few. Good choice.
If it's cos of the price then the VitaTV is very cheap over there i hear(like 35?)
If it has the games you wanted.

Probably won't bother. The last games I bothered to go out of my way to play was a couple of old MGS games.

I'm more invested into my PS4 than anything right now. I enjoy most of what I have bought for it and I see myself just solely playing it up through the end of 2016 with the lineup of games.

Numb

Probably won't bother. The last games I bothered to go out of my way to play was a couple of old MGS games.

I'm more invested into my PS4 than anything right now. I enjoy most of what I have bought for it and I see myself just solely playing it up through the end of 2016 with the lineup of games.
Future for PS4 looking better than before with the games.

Numb

So happy I bought Day 1. Rarely been bored with it since.

Now I want that PSVR release date.

Only system i got day 1 was Vita ;)
PS4 got it just for BB and didn't play it as much as i wanted.
PSVR gotta see and let it breathe in the open firs to know what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom