• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Mind you I'm now reading the Jurassic World cracked thread and the response to people being uncomfortable with the assistant's death in that seems to be well men died in that movie too so shut up.

GAF is frustrating, at times.

JeanGrey

No civil war so the ridiculous amount of money spent on reconstruction would have went toward other things, perhaps scientific innovation, with a more generally educated populace. No slave labor to drive an economy so labor is more accurately valued, so trade is perhaps a bit more fair, and economic development occurs more evenly.

I dont believe there would have been a civil war no slaves to fight about. First of all the trade system as well as the economy wouldnt have been so advanced being that the slaves did most of the work. No slaves no product to harvest at least not in the quantity that was available to trade.

Dunno if they wouldve survived without slaves. Imagine, they would have to do their own work. LoL

zeemumu

You'd be surprised how many people believe women don't play games at all solely due to their gender. And not knowing any really boosts that.

In high school pretty much everyone played CoD. Girls, guys, everyone. Never a shortage of coop-players for zombies.

Mind you I'm now reading the Jurassic World cracked thread and the response to people being uncomfortable with the assistant's death in that seems to be well men died in that movie too so shut up.

GAF is frustrating, at times.

I'm weirded out that, despite the fact that we clearly saw people getting attacked in the streets, there's absolutely no sign of carnage when we go back there later.

BigDes

In high school pretty much everyone played CoD. Girls, guys, everyone. Never a shortage of coop-players for zombies.

I'm weirded out that, despite the fact that we clearly saw people getting attacked in the streets, there's absolutely no sign of carnage when we go back there later.

Jimmy Buffet came back with free margaritas. Everyone got up and started partying.

EDIT: Well that post in the JW thread is the most nonsensical and pretentious post I have ever made.

Kreed

Has anyone ever do research on what would have happen if America hadn't embraced slavery? Would the power development of the country been stunted?

In your scenario, are we talking about "all" of America, as in Canada, South America, Haiti, etc...? Well in either case, I think the US would have been better off. Besides not having the Civil War as others have mentioned, without slavery, the South and other territories would have had to move into other economic areas like manufacturing and not held onto cotton, which would have helped them industrialize faster like the territories that didn't embrace slavery (the Union/the North). And for the territories/places that probably would want to hold onto cotton, like South Carolina, they could always rely on share cropping/other methods of cheap labor.

zeemumu

Jimmy Buffet came back with free margaritas. Everyone got up and started partying.

EDIT: Well that post in the JW thread is the most nonsensical and pretentious post I have ever made.

I'm a little confused. I thought Zara didn't care and was just on her phone all the time, but the article describes her as hard-working and career-driven. Was she on her phone doing career stuff? Didn't her boss ask her to do the other thing? I may not have been paying enough attention.

That doesn't excuse the fact that she gets killed harder than anyone in the film
(except all of those random extras who were slowly torn apart by pterodactyls with T-Rex heads)
despite there being people who deserved a hardcore death more. She was basically written to remind the audience that there was a giant dinosaur in that pool for later.

BigDes

I'm a little confused. I thought Zara didn't care and was just on her phone all the time, but the article describes her as hard-working and career-driven. Was she on her phone doing career stuff? Didn't her boss ask her to do the other thing? I may not have been paying enough attention.

That doesn't excuse the fact that she gets killed harder than anyone in the film
(except all of those random extras who were slowly torn apart by pterodactyls with T-Rex heads)
despite there being people who deserved a hardcore death more. She was basically written to remind the audience that there was a giant dinosaur in that pool for later.
The first thing she does in the movie is act as a really good PA for Bryce Dallas Howard, reminding her about meetings and business stuff. I assumed that her constant looking at the phone is her doing business related stuff.

zeemumu

The first thing she does in the movie is act as a really good PA for Bryce Dallas Howard, reminding her about meetings and business stuff. I assumed that her constant looking at the phone is her doing business related stuff.

Ah okay. And her death was that she got carried off by a mutant pterodactyl who dropped her in the pool and tried to pick her back up and then they both got swallowed whole by the dinofish, right?

zeemumu

Yeah that was pretty elaborate compared to the other deaths that were mostly "you get chomped, the end." Granted I still feel worse for the people that the pterodactyls successfully carried off. They're gonna get pecked apart/dropped off in the nest with the kids who will peck them apart. Double granted, getting swallowed whole sucks pretty bad. You're either gonna get crushed, suffocated, drowned, or melted.

There should be a post-credits scene of her and Ron Perlman from Pacific Rim cutting their way out of that thing's stomach.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There should be a post-credits scene of her and Ron Perlman from Pacific Rim cutting their way out of that thing's stomach.

Ehhh. Then that means garbage rex survived too, so shes gonna have to take one for the team

Malyse

tumblr_nmk75jdwzK1qegnhco1_1280.jpg

Numb

Didn't even notice it was florida.
Just assuming every crazy thing is from there from now on. Will likely be right 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom