• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I mean, if they announce some megaton like GTAV x PSVR, its probably going to be able to sell itself.

GTAV can make lots of stuff exciting especially with the first person view now.
But people will get it cos it's GTA and not cos they wanted the thing. Good way tho.
The next elder scrolls maybe?

GTAV can make lots of stuff exciting especially with the first person view now.
But people will get it cos it's GTA and not cos they wanted the thing. Good way tho.
The next elder scrolls maybe?

Elder Scrolls would probably bring in more. I don't know.

I feel like with any big game, it can work. You get people in, they see how cool it is and buy more games compatible with it, profit.

As a dad, am I the crazy one here thinking this doesn't fly?

That's a no-no.

Numb

Elder Scrolls would probably bring in more. I don't know.

I feel like with any big game, it can work. You get people in, they see how cool it is and buy more games compatible with it, profit.

As long as it's something that was meant for it from the start and not just some random thing that already exists that got ported it should be fine.

Numb

Yes, of course. It won't feel right if its just Elder Scrolls or GTA but slapped to your eyes.

Bingo. I don't even think they have to do much for VR as well.

Waiting for the day they plug you straight into the VR world.
Mirror's Edge seems like a good choice. Don't know how it will go down with people with motion sickness tho.

Its posts like that that make me go into Gaming section with moderation. lol

Like, I will read OPs and probably the first page, but I usually stop after that.

Shy

i2x1zkt.gif

Numb

Its posts like that that make me go into Gaming section with moderation. lol

Like, I will read OPs and probably the first page, but I usually stop after that.
Gotta know when things will get crazy.
Usually the community threads is where the discussion is going down.
Press X to Honor Patriotism.
Ha!
COD needs to go back to modern or the past.
All this future stuff has gotten too much.

Gotta know when things will get crazy.
Usually the community threads is where the discussion is going down.

Ha!
COD needs to go back to modern or the past.
All this future stuff has gotten too much.

I do need to visit OT more often. I always see more level headed posts there. Like, that Fallout 4 pic thread is the main reason I stick to OT.

And agreed on CoDs needing to go back to older settings. The future warfare should've stopped with AW.

Numb

I do need to visit OT more often. I always see more level headed posts there. Like, that Fallout 4 pic thread is the main reason I stick to OT.

And agreed on CoDs needing to go back to older settings. The future warfare should've stopped with AW.
The regulars remain when the thread is moved to community. Things get calm and lots of exchange happens then.

I never see that transition lol. I only bothered with the BF4 OT for how people feel about the patch updates, but never bothered with others mostly. A few Pokemon OTs here and there, but only for a little bit.

I'll give BO3 OT a try after I get my fix from the game. Can't be all bad.

Numb

Mostly depends on how much and how fast you get what you wanted out of a game.
If you pick up a game later waiting on a sale or something like that is usually the case with things being in Community.

Has anyone ever do research on what would have happen if America hadn't embraced slavery? Would the power development of the country been stunted?

If America had not embraced slavery? I'm guessing that

1) The Native tribes would still be decimated.
2) The Chinese immigrants who helped build the railroad would have still been treated like shit.
3) Africans would be a more recent group of immigrants to the US (assuming the people who would have been slaves weren't just treated like the Irish indentured servants and assimilated in). African immigrants would be stereotyped as hard-working model minorities.

No. NO. Hell to the naw. I don't care if the kid knows how to survive in the wilderness with a bowie knife. You don't leave a child alone in the house at midnight just to get a gatdamn game.

More thoughts about the "What if the US never had slavery?" thought experiment:

In order for this to happen, slavery would have to have been rejected very early in the life of this country. Many of the Founding Fathers were slaveowners, after all. So maybe the hatred of slavery starts further back, when the US was still a colony and was okay taking orders from the English monarchy.

1) The King, perhaps inspired by Enlightenment thought, or his conscience, or whatever, decides that there shall be no slavery in the Kingdom. All the slaves in the colonies are freed, or never come to the colonies, or whatever.

2) This means that there are fewer plantation owners in the South, and more small farms. This lessens the power of the South economically, which means they never really have what it takes to influence politics. No Civil War.

3) This probably also means no Revolutionary War, which means the US essentially becomes a southern Canada - gains independence much later as a Commonwealth country with a smaller black population.

This "King of England frees the slaves" scenario has a vast effect, reaching the Caribbean as well. This could also have an effect on what the East India Company does in India and China.

zeemumu

ITT People who don't understand that D23 is a Disney event with tons of exclusive content get angry about exclusive content at D23.

dSbbNSpZUXljmWw-800x450-noPad.jpg

It's different though. This isn't a limited quantity physical item. This is a digital trailer. A TRAILER. They didn't hand out the trailer to people leaving at the end of the event. They didn't stop people from seeing the Big Hero 6 artwork. I get annoyed when they do this shit for digital items. And it doesn't stop being annoying because it's happened before.

I actually have that King Mickey disc but I don't play Disney Infinity. The only reason that I'm keeping it is because it's KH-related.

Malyse

You da real MVP bish.

----

Currently outside because fire alarms. Got my keys and my phone, so w/e.
It's different though. This isn't a limited quantity physical item. This is a digital trailer. A TRAILER. They didn't hand out the trailer to people leaving at the end of the event.
Again, the last exclusive trailer is still not available. This is a game that we will eventually get to play, so I'll continue to laugh at your collective salt. It's not even something that you won't eventually see.

Numb

It's different though. This isn't a limited quantity physical item. This is a digital trailer. A TRAILER. They didn't hand out the trailer to people leaving at the end of the event. They didn't stop people from seeing the Big Hero 6 artwork.

I actually have that King Mickey disc but I don't play Disney Infinity. The only reason that I'm keeping it is because it's KH-related.
Keeping that shit on lockdown
You should have wen't there for the trailer they wanted.
You da real MVP bish.

----

Currently outside because fire alarms. Got my keys and my phone, so w/e.

Again, the last exclusive trailer is still not available. This is a game they we will eventually get to play, so I'll continue to laugh at your collective salt.
Fire alarm?
Watch yourself.

zeemumu

Keeping that shit on lockdown
You should have wen't there for the trailer they wanted.
Hey man, I waited in a cold-ass convention center basement for several hours just for the Disney Interactive one. If airline tickets to Japan weren't expensive and I wasn't a broke college student you bet your ass I would've been there.

Again, the last exclusive trailer is still not available. This is a game they we will eventually get to play, so I'll continue to laugh at your collective salt.

The more you say this the less likely it seems like I'll be playing this in my lifetime. And if the thing about the trailers showing up at 10PM hadn't happened and been spread by all of the news outlets I'd be less pissed.

For videogames?! Geezuz..
Damn..
lol..not sure how you deal, man.
How little interaction do you have to have with women to be surprised that they like video games too?
lol..indeed. I've met plenty of women while playing online since back in the PS2 days. Know a couple personally. It's like..a thing.

Numb

I know it's been a while but fam I'm making moves.

Here is an article written by a young lady I have the honor of working with and knowing.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/04/i-am-a-black-woman-american-south-im-not-leaving

Honestly I think it's thread worthy.
Indeed. it is.
That title made me chuckle how straight to the point it was .

Hey man, I waited in a cold-ass convention center basement for several hours just for the Disney Interactive one. If airline tickets to Japan weren't expensive and I wasn't a broke college student you bet your ass I would've been there..
It's a trailer. It will be out sooner or later.
How little interaction do you have to have with women to be surprised that they like video games too?
You'd be surprised how many people believe women don't play games at all solely due to their gender. And not knowing any really boosts that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom