• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Good words said. I, too, agree on not making changes where you're miserable if it's possible. I'm lucky I'm able to go grocery shopping and buy food, and find time to cook it. I'm also lucky where I can find places to eat out for lunch that serve vegetables and not some fast food place.

Another big thing for me is adopting a life-style that's healthier instead of focusing solely on losing weight and gaining muscle as an end goal. I look at those as things that will come naturally. Instead, I focus my energy and thoughts on being healthy throughout the day.

Honestly, there's been little physical strain. Instead, it's all been a major head game. I can go into psychological, philosophical, and spiritual changes I've undergone in the past year, but I'll spare ya'll that mumbo jumbo.

I hope some brave black souls now show up to the protests open carrying. See how the police respond.

I'd rather this not happen if I can help it.

zeemumu

I just want the hypocrisy clearly highlighted.

You're asking for people to most likely kill themselves to become martyrs for the cause. That's not a good idea. In fact it was a plot point in Modern Warfare 2.

And you'd have some double-hypocrisy going on: the cops who would shoot open carry black people but not open carry white people, and the people who brought guns to protest peacefully.

Never really understood open-carry. You shouldn't even need to carry around a handgun at all times unless you live in a crazy out of control area, and a lot of the people that I see with open-carry are in the middle of nowhere walking into donut shops with semi-automatics. This isn't Hot Fuzz, you're not gonna have a city-wide gunfight.

I don't mean someone dying, I mean as in police drawing their weapons and arresting blacks who peacefully open carry at gunpoint. But yes, the chance of a black guy exercising his rights and being murdered for it are extremely high.

I don't mean someone dying, I mean as in police drawing their weapons and arresting blacks who peacefully open carry at gunpoint. But yes, the chance of a black guy exercising his rights and being murdered for it are extremely high.

They don't do that to the ones who aren't carrying weapons...

Posted in a BCT a while back but was in school and didnt participate much but now that I'm graduated and working in a office....

Where you're from - Florida
Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Honestly...I dont really know 100%. Apparently Caribbean and African American according to my parents.
Do you know your roots - Like I said.
Favorite musical genre - Multiple. Notables: R&B, Punk, Hard Rock, Rap (mainstream because im a plebe), Electro and House
Your profession/major/career interest - Engineering
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - Vidya games. More vidya. Being boring.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes (with red beans and rice) and Churchs (I cant help but like churchs im so sorry)

Glad to be here. Hi guys!

Afrocious

Posted in a BCT a while back but was in school and didnt participate much but now that I'm graduated and working in a office....

Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Honestly...I dont really know 100%. Apparently Caribbean and African American according to my parents.
Favorite musical genre - Multiple. Notables: R&B, Punk, Hard Rock, Rap (mainstream because im a plebe), Electro and House
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes (with red beans and rice) and Churchs (I cant help but like churchs im so sorry)

Hey man.

What sort of engineering are you in?

Churchs (I cant help but like churchs im so sorry)
UnlawfulWillingAntbear.gif

You are most welcome, sir..most welcome.

zeemumu

what happened to the Baha Men?

Mauled by dogs.

Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 25

Hey man, Churchs' got the biscuits. Welcome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol..but Baha weren't nearly as big-time, right? Or am I remembering things differently?

I'd reckon Baha Men have made more money than Mia ever did, and they're still gonna make a lot of money thanks to their song being played at sporting events. Just the royalties alone on that...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
as depressing as Mia performing in strip clubs? Or the Mas$e come back tour?

Wut...?

The pictures I saw had Das not even on a freaking stage, just on the floor performing while a group of white, balding, middle-aged dudes who were trying to relive their college years were having the time of their lives, it seemed. Just has to be rough when you made these gutta songs and you have been reduced to performing them for people who have no connection with the lyrics. But, hey they were paying so they were playing.

Slayven

lol..but Baha weren't nearly as big-time, right? Or am I remembering things differently?

Wut...?

The pictures I saw had Das not even on a freaking stage, just on the floor performing while a group of white, balding, middle-aged dudes who were trying to relive their college years were having the time of their lives, it seemed. Just has to be rough when you made these gutta songs and you have been reduced to performing them for people who have no connection with the lyrics. But, hey they were paying so they were playing.

Might be nsfw

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-01-26/mya-strip-club-performance/

andthebeatgoeson

Never saw vets get shitted on without massive retaliation.
John McCain
John Kerry

Many vets spend months waiting to see a doctor.

Absolutely an outrage but no heads will roll. Many Republican efforts to stop funding for veterans in many ways. And the democratic party has made inroads on national security and hold a better position on foreign affairs, including the two latest wars. It's dramatically different compared to 20 years ago.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Open carry example ain't gonna help shit. People are just gonna say it's his fault for open-carrying in such a heated situation even though it was his legal right to do so*.

*open carry is still fucking stupid.

Garnet's freaky without the glasses but still the best gem, or at least tied with Rose Quartz.

Pearl's still terrible.

What episode are you on?

I'm always amazed that people offer this up as an honest solution to situations that do not need further escalation. In what mind that tussles with logic does this ever make any kind of sense?

It isn't for solving problems.

It's for assuaging paranoia/making the carrier feel powerful.

Because, honestly, assault rifles?

Afrocious

Us angry and crazy black people have to be obedient and wait our turn to be heard. Remember to raise your hand and don't forget your "Thank you, ma'ams".

Enzom21

Sam Seder going in on Bernie supporters complaining about the protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnUj78En1Q

Kinda going back and forth between topics, but he's reading shit these "Liberals" are saying about the BLM. Black on black crime was just brought up.

I like Sanders, but his fervent supporters annoy the shit out of me. Especially when they're talking about black people, "He marched with MLK... now shut the fuck up."

Us angry and crazy black people have to be obedient and wait our turn to be heard. Remember to raise your hand and don't forget your "Thank you, ma'ams".

Just got into an argument on fb about this whole thing. Its annoying for them say "Well YOU made it so why are you complaining?"

BECAUSE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE ME DONT BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR HOW IS THIS HARD TO GET.

He even said "You have a chip on your shoulder, it's not like youre Kunta Kinte."
Fucking ugh

Just got into an argument on fb about this whole thing. Its annoying for them say "Well YOU made it so why are you complaining?"

BECAUSE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE LIKE ME DONT BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN COLOR HOW IS THIS HARD TO GET.

He even said "You have a chip on your shoulder, it's not like youre Kunta Kinte."
Fucking ugh
Boy..I'd become his personal dentist..

It's absurd how Ronda Rousey has been hyped so much and especially time and again against Mayweather. Not only is it of the utmost importance to try and emasculate him, but it's incredibly hypocritical how yet again we have a white female athlete being touted as perfection incarnate. What baffles me about it all is that when you look across at tennis and the Williams sisters, they have done an amazing job time and time again; but never get this fervent clamouring by so many to defend and praise them. Rather they're attacked and criticized. It's downright disgusting how people openly call Serena names, say she looks like a man, has no respect for other players, bla bla. ANd yet Ronda has a good amount of muscle on her as well, speaks her mind and the reception between the two is so different. The bullshit racial undertones of this is always so much more apparent when a white person starts to excel at something. "GReat white hope" all over again.

It's absurd how Ronda Rousey has been hyped so much and especially time and again against Mayweather. Not only is it of the utmost importance to try and emasculate him, but it's incredibly hypocritical how yet again we have a white female athlete being touted as perfection incarnate. What baffles me about it all is that when you look across at tennis and the Williams sisters, they have done an amazing job time and time again; but never get this fervent clamouring by so many to defend and praise them. Rather they're attacked and criticized. It's downright disgusting how people openly call Serena names, say she looks like a man, has no respect for other players, bla bla. ANd yet Ronda has a good amount of muscle on her as well, speaks her mind and the reception between the two is so different. The bullshit racial undertones of this is always so much more apparent when a white person starts to excel at something. "GReat white hope" all over again.

Definitely. It's why I avoid the topic altogether, and I like Ronda. Just can't side with those cats.

I give them the benefit of the doubt with this one but yeah i mostly stay out of those threads anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom