• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc_

It's absurd how Ronda Rousey has been hyped so much and especially time and again against Mayweather. Not only is it of the utmost importance to try and emasculate him, but it's incredibly hypocritical how yet again we have a white female athlete being touted as perfection incarnate. What baffles me about it all is that when you look across at tennis and the Williams sisters, they have done an amazing job time and time again; but never get this fervent clamouring by so many to defend and praise them. Rather they're attacked and criticized. It's downright disgusting how people openly call Serena names, say she looks like a man, has no respect for other players, bla bla. ANd yet Ronda has a good amount of muscle on her as well, speaks her mind and the reception between the two is so different. The bullshit racial undertones of this is always so much more apparent when a white person starts to excel at something. "GReat white hope" all over again.

Not only that, but her constantly bringing up Mayweather's shitty past as justification for repeatedly shitting on him is extremely weird coming from someone who hangs out with Mike Tyson.

zeemumu

It's absurd how Ronda Rousey has been hyped so much and especially time and again against Mayweather. Not only is it of the utmost importance to try and emasculate him, but it's incredibly hypocritical how yet again we have a white female athlete being touted as perfection incarnate. What baffles me about it all is that when you look across at tennis and the Williams sisters, they have done an amazing job time and time again; but never get this fervent clamouring by so many to defend and praise them. Rather they're attacked and criticized. It's downright disgusting how people openly call Serena names, say she looks like a man, has no respect for other players, bla bla. ANd yet Ronda has a good amount of muscle on her as well, speaks her mind and the reception between the two is so different. The bullshit racial undertones of this is always so much more apparent when a white person starts to excel at something. "GReat white hope" all over again.

The reception is similar in that they're both undefeatable gods in their respective sports, which both impresses and displeased a lot of people. Also I thought Rousey was Venezuelan.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Not only that, but her constantly bringing up Mayweather's shitty past as justification for repeatedly shitting on him is extremely weird coming from someone who hangs out with Mike Tyson.

Yeah I made that argument in the rhonda rousey talk shit about mayweather thread that what she was doing was more about getting people to watch her fight (and by default UFC) and pettiness on her part because she felt disrespected by mayweather than it had to do with anything about domestic abuse. She's hung out with a ton of wife beaters publicly and its been all smiles every time.

Keep in mind a lot of the top UFC fighters talk trash about Mayweather because its a subliminal way to talk trash about boxing in general. There was a point only a few years ago people were saying boxing was dead and UFC had next (and people still say this) but Mayweather's draw even more than pacquia proved that to be false. I expect the mayweather Berto fight to be a low selling fight due to Berto being such a shitty draw and for the usual haters to doubledown on the "boxing is dead and Mayweather has fallen off" until he rebounds and fights another draw in about a year or so.

Why they have this man Lil B on CNN talking about the presidential race?..

They should ask Ja Rule his opinion on the Iran deal next.....

Shy

I don't hate you. Not like I'm around so much, but still.

Ur kewl
Never seen any BS from you so idk ow you got that idea lol
@Shy, you're a cool dude considering you welcomed me into this thread.
lol i have no faults with u mang
Thanks guys. <3

Sorry if it came across that i was fishing for complements, it's just that the feeling came over me mid way through the last thread, and i haven't been able to shake it since.
I despise you..

&#128521;
Motherfucker i'll cut you. :p
Posted in a BCT a while back but was in school and didnt participate much but now that I'm graduated and working in a office....

Where you're from - Florida
Where you live - Florida
What is your age? - 25
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Honestly...I dont really know 100%. Apparently Caribbean and African American according to my parents.
Do you know your roots - Like I said.
Favorite musical genre - Multiple. Notables: R&B, Punk, Hard Rock, Rap (mainstream because im a plebe), Electro and House
Your profession/major/career interest - Engineering
Your religious affiliation - Agnostic
Hobbies - Vidya games. More vidya. Being boring.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes (with red beans and rice) and Churchs (I cant help but like churchs im so sorry)

Glad to be here. Hi guys!
Welcome welcome new fam.

So operation "get white person's head out of ass" was a failure.

New question, how do you argue with a super mod on some serious fuckshit (not on gaf) without getting buried alive (aka banned).

Bish pls hlp.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So operation "get white person's head out of ass" was a failure.

New question, how do you argue with a super mod on some serious fuckshit (not on gaf) without getting buried alive (aka banned).

Bish pls hlp.
If it's off of gaf, then there's zero risk of banning unless you're arguing with THE admin

Got dam apartments people. Tell me I'm approved then say the unit I was supposed to be in wasn't available for another month then a week later tell me I was rejected

Nah, i know a member was banned because of something he posted on his twitter from a regular mod.
Since you know, what was it? The idea is a bit fucked up..then again, depends on the content. I could be wrong.
Got dam apartments people. Tell me I'm approved then say the unit I was supposed to be in wasn't available for another month then a week later tell me I was rejected
The fuck? What'd you do!?

Onemic

Naw, Rousey has definitely gotten those looking like a man comments about her.

I really feel like this is one of those situations where there is no prevalent race angle.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The only thing I will say about the Rhonda worship is, she is in the UFC. UFC is the master of PR and playing to public opinion. That is what the entire sport is about, making one person the 'good guy' and one the 'bad guy'. It is ALL about promotion to make people buy the next PPV. Tennis makes ZERO attempts to hype any of it's stars. The athletes are on their own to make it happen. Serena just doesn't seem the type to pay for a PR machine or have much interest in any of that. She seems all about her craft. The people that follow tennis and who are active in it worship the hell out of Serena, but tennis itself makes zero attempt to promote their people. That Chase ad Serena is in may be the only ad featuring a tennis star on TV right now.

Rousey does get the "she looks like a man" comments as well. Usually it is accompanied by a photo of her after a fight. I think it is just good that there are some strong female athletes out there for girls to emulate.

Numb

How come nobody told me Archer was funny as hell?

It's the best. Gets better by the season too.
They also made Frisko Dingo which is alittle more crazy and not for everybody.
I heard they were making another show soon aswell.

Young Magus

Why they have this man Lil B on CNN talking about the presidential race?..

Because he is based.

-------

Started my first days with work AND officially graduated from undergrad! Finally getting over jetlag as well!

rejoice.png

If only it wasn't so freakin humid :(

Numb

My love of rebecca black used to be ironic. Point is that if your love is just ironic over time it turns to be legit.

Numb

Probably because Frisky Dingo is funnier..opinions, though.

Wish FD went on cos i really enjoyed it. Those stormtrooper minions quickly became one of my fav minion-types. They are like the Hooded ones from Metalocalypse but give zero fucks and are very unpredictable.

zeemumu

Were
Pearl and Rose a thing?

Hmmm, yeah they definitely were. That explains
her attitude towards Steven's dad and why she gets weird whenever she's around something of Rose's, and why she seems to have the most knowledge of Rose.
That episode made me feel kinda sad.

ReiGun

Two days into my new job. It's been great. We're just training now, but I've had a chance to get to know my coworkers and I feel like I really fit in. I'm even thinking of going to the company picnic in a couple weeks cause I legit want to get to know these people, which is very new for me.

Shy

Two days into my new job. It's been great. We're just training now, but I've had a chance to get to know my coworkers and I feel like I really fit in. I'm even thinking of going to the company picnic in a couple weeks cause I legit want to get to know these people, which is very new for me.
Congrats Rei. Glad things are going very well for you at your new job.

Infinite

Been playing the demo for the 3DS DBZ fighting game and I like it :O Granted this game will be busted wide open when it comes out here.

Naw, Rousey has definitely gotten those looking like a man comments about her.

I really feel like this is one of those situations where there is no prevalent race angle.

Read it again, I said they were on different levels. Serena is hammered on the man angel constantly from the media and people in general, Rousey is not.

Slayven

Congrats, you going to kill it on curly fries at Arby's/

Numb

That's what happened to me with Waka Flocka

Happens alot. Mostly from not extremly hating on something the majority of the internet doesn't like and starting to like it ironically then changes little by little to be legit.
In my case it is the stupid but not intentionally harmful stuff that people get mad salty about i warm up to.

To fix things like Ferguson, i think someone should organize black people to get out and vote on local issues.

I still need to remember to vote against kim worthy for not firing that white lady for saying rioters should be shot.

To fix things like Ferguson, i think someone should organize black people to get out and vote on local issues.

I still need to remember to vote against kim worthy for not firing that white lady for saying rioters should be shot.

Shit, in Ferguson's case, they need to prop up their own candidates, never mind voting. A bunch of those motherfuckers are democrats around there (Jay Nixon included).

Shit, in Ferguson's case, they need to prop up their own candidates, never mind voting. A bunch of those motherfuckers are democrats around there (Jay Nixon included).

Black people can be corrupt, ineffectual and not care about the people too. I dont care if theyre black, as long as they do their job and represent what theyre supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom