• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got out of Spectre. A few thoughts:

My crush on Léa Seydoux is still going strong. I love the fact that for the first time in history, Bond's supporting cast did something. The music was excellent; I'll probably get the score. I hadn't expected it to so heavily be the finale of the Daniel Craig sub series or to so heavily call back to the previous three films. Lastly, this movie is by far the strongest argument I've seen for the bond theory, ESPECIALLY if Craig doesn't return.

The Bond theory?

Malyse

The Bond theory?
Strap in.

Cracked said:
"James Bond" Is Not a Man, But a Code Name

When the 007 franchise launched in 1962, Sean Connery was 32 when he received his license to kill. That was almost 50-years ago, and James Bond has aged like a fine Beaujolais spiked with antifreeze. How is the same 30-something special agent who fought the Cold War-era Russians now taking on post-9/11 terrorism?

The Theory:

There has been a theory among fans that there is no one single James Bond, but that "James Bond" is a codename passed on from one agent to the next as each retires (just as the titles of M and Q pinball from agent to agent). The theory explains the agelessness of Bond--note that Daniel Craig's Bond became 11 years younger whereas Judi Dench's M aged by four years.

This also explains how James Bond's personality changes dramatically from actor to actor. For example, in one film you have Timothy Dalton's Bond burning a man alive (around the 9:00 mark). Pop in another DVD and you see Roger Moore's Bond is doddering around in a clown costume.

The more you look into it, the more it makes sense. George Lazenby's Bond had his wife murdered in the last film he appeared in, so fans could assume that his 007 retired out of grief. Timothy Dalton's Bond went rogue and was kicked out of MI6. Pierce Brosnan's final outing ended with Bond being abandoned by British intelligence. Next movie, there's a new Bond in the tuxedo and the old one is presumably on a beach somewhere collecting a government pension.

Hell, even the guy who directed Die Another Day believed this theory. Wait, that was the Bond movie with the invisible car, right? Fuck that guy.

Why Does it Make the Film Better?

We like the realism that this theory gives the Bond franchise, particularly since 007 movies have the propensity to fly off the rails every few years (see: Moonraker, Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist, that invisible fucking car).

On the downside, it throws a real monkey wrench in Cracked's patent pending "James Bond Immortality Diet," in which we advise you to hydrate solely with Gordon's and Lillet and to bed at least three secretaries daily.

----

The indivisible igg has convinced me that trying to crowdfund my game is a terrible plan.

Back from my first and hopefully only ban feeling like:
giphy.gif

I sometimes wonder how many BCT are keeping creative skills on the dl in here.
I make beats for fun, I'm super critical of my own stuff so I rarely post them on gaf. My mixing is generally pretty trash.

What was the ban for?
Posted a flashing gif. I honestly didn't even think twice about it when I posted it but now I'll keep it in mind.
Regina King on two shows AND directing episodes of scandal? Man..can't say I expected any of that while watching 227. Good for her..

That gif he post every other minute. Self-fulfilled prophecy lol..

cSyHoGN.gif
Its not really me anymore lol, that gif's gotten around since I uploaded it.

D i Z

Back from my first and hopefully only ban feeling like:

I make beats for fun, I'm super critical of my own stuff so I rarely post them on gaf. My mixing is generally pretty trash.

Welcome back.

Regina King on two shows AND directing episodes of scandal? Man..can't say I expected any of that while watching 227. Good for her..

I went to High school with her and didn't expect her to climb so far either. Was a big deal when she was in Enemy of the State, at least around these parts.
She was still handling a lot of gigs but her career went into a bit of a lull for a while after that. Now she's bigger than ever.

zeemumu

Halfway through The Taking of Deborah Logan. Know when to hold 'em, know when to say "fuck this and fuck your project, I'm getting out of here."

I'm still alive. Them governments thugs sent on me haven't gotten to me yet. I don't want to use up gas so I called up one of jandro's cousins to ride off into the sunset

I keep being indecisive over whether I want to preorder Fallout 4 or not. Part of my is like buy it now and the other half is like, "yo they got embargo's for embargo's going on wait it out".
You are such a liar! I kid you not..the only time I notice your post it's that gif. I mean, I don't care..I'm just saying lol.
Haha, don't get me wrong, I probably post it too much but the last few times I saw it was by another poster on here and on /mu/.

zeemumu

This is a weird movie. Almost everything done right
ditching the main character when shit gets bad like a rational person, understanding that vomiting worms isn't a side-effect of Alzheimer's, getting the cops, having the cops call for backup.

Slayven

This is a weird movie. Almost everything done right
ditching the main character when shit gets bad like a rational person, understanding that vomiting worms isn't a side-effect of Alzheimer's, getting the cops, having the cops call for backup.

check out a japanese horror movie called Reincarnation. It's pretty good.

No joke dudes I just had this conversations

Me: Reality has a liberal bias.

Friend: Oh I know it does but I am still going to argue it's wrong because my white family is doing good in life. Also, the 1950's was the Golden Age of America because everyone was morally good, kids never got killed or kidnapped, and even the blacks had a good time.

Friend: Oh I know it does but I am still going to argue it's wrong because my white family is doing good in life. Also, the 1950's was the Golden Age of America because everyone was morally good, kids never got killed or kidnapped, and even the blacks had a good time.

you should have responded "What about that one time Lucy thought Little Ricky was kidnapped on I Love Lucy?"

Mizerman

Whatever planet your friend is from, it hasn't been discovered yet.

Have their been less Asian survivors in horror films than black survivors? The only one that comes to mind is Glenn in The Walking Dead
and if you read the comics, his odds aren't great.

There were three Asians in John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness (and none of them used martial arts!). But yeah, unless you're counting actual horror films from Asian countries, there are very few Asian survivors in mainstream PW (predominately white)* horror films.

*borrowed that from PWI (predominately white institutions), a phrase used as an opposite of HBCU. :)

Numb

Numb. I have to uninstall then reinstall the SFV beta?

I got no clue either man. Says something like restarting and couldn't get past the training with Ken since it's asking for an update being applied that is in already. Haven't tried anything after hearing Mika ain't in so...
Probably try that.
Been just training vs Ken this whole time.
srry couldnt be much help

Infinite

Haven't watched empire since the premier and finning to catch up. One a scale to 1 to love and hip hop how deliciously messy it is?

Slayven

I am old as shit, I was all set to play BLOPS all night long after the unlock, but 12:45 I was like let me take my ass to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom