• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

If I had the money and ins, I would love to do a documentary on Jeb Bush. Dude's rise and fall fascinates me. Dude was like the choosen one after Mitt in 2012, but now he is coming out looking worse then his bro. There is an interesting story in that.

D i Z

Someone needs to sneak a brain scan of B. Carson. Or at least get one of those experts from behind the glass in those crime shows who can read a persons physical and mental conditions from they body language and ticks. This dude needs a reading before he goes all human centipede on his campaign staff.

If I had the money and ins, I would love to do a documentary on Jeb Bush. Dude's rise and fall fascinates me. Dude was like the choosen one after Mitt in 2012, but now he is coming out looking worse then his bro. There is an interesting story in that.

My money is on him getting his shot at the big show when all of his opposition are carted away to the looney bin, or run off in disgrace.
It would be a classic move to have the competition stacked with removable pieces to get that win by way of being the lone viable candidate. The voice of reason in a shitstorm of insanity as it were.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It is the weekend, I am not going out arguing institutional racism in hiring practices.

I just don't know anymore. I consider gaf one of the more forward thinking sites on the internet yet the ignorance is still staggering. This whole week been a cluster fuck when it came to minority related threads. As always I salute the ones that put in work. Y'all the real mvp's.

akira28

Well his dad threw both him and his brother into the bushes. Saying W was challenged and damaged by his cabinet(cheney and rummy), and Jeb is a fool for trying to salvage his brother's rhetoric.

Crocodile

Democratic Candidate Forum
Rachel Maddow: "How are you going to convince Black people in SC that you are their man?"
Bernie Sanders: "I marched with MLK! Also ECONOMICS!"

I don't think Sanders answer is that bad really but it is the standard pivot he always does :p

Same why there are 2 Steve Job movies in 4 years.

But I do think Gamer Gate does deserve a movie, and not that fuck ass SVU episode.

Do we honestly think this movie will be that much better? I wonder how they will "change" things up to get people to actually show up to the movie theater.

Hopefully this doesn't lead to ScarJo getting stalked/doxxed tho

Yeah that's a legit concern of mine too (or whoever signs on to finally do the film)

I just don't know anymore. I consider gaf one of the more forward thinking sites on the internet yet the ignorance is still staggering. This whole week been a cluster fuck when it came to minority related threads. As always I salute the ones that put in work. Y'all the real mvp's.

Yeah that's the worst thing, as bad as GAF is (and its worse than I ever thought), many/most places online are WORSE :(

Malyse

Game titles, Demi?
Stages actually. Bloodyline is an homage to horror and Castlevania (particularly Order of Ecclesia), Cyberline is cyberpunk and Megaman, and Starline is Asian Fantasy with an inspiration from Metroid Fusion/Silent Hill 2/Resident Evil 3. The game itself is called līən (pronounced lion, lyin', and line)
Looks cool.
Cyberline and Starline especially.
Thanks. These are the redesigns of the logos that I hated yesterday. I wanted them to have more of a Kingdom Hearts world logo feeling. I'm actually quite proud of these.

-----

Bernie Sanders is an unfortunate idealist who's plans are wholly impossible to implement. I love the idealistic version of the world he wants to make, but I'm more likely to become a Keyblade Master Jedi Inhuman than he is to be elected and be able to enact his concepts.

Slayven

Ben Carson out here almost throwing hands with repoters

That should scare you shitless
Well his dad threw both him and his brother into the bushes. Saying W was challenged and damaged by his cabinet(cheney and rummy), and Jeb is a fool for trying to salvage his brother's rhetoric.

Daddy Bush got that Old Man fuck it going on

Young Magus

Same why there are 2 Steve Job movies in 4 years.

But I do think Gamer Gate does deserve a movie, and not that fuck ass SVU episode.

The only thing that I remember that was good about that episode was the edits of that FPS scene that appeared on Tumblr right after.

One of them was a text adventure

Daddy Bush got that Old Man fuck it going on

Yo it gotta hurt to see that your old man thinks that your fucked up at the job.

But quick question.....How do most black folks (or what is the "common" view) look back at Bush 41?

Stages actually. Bloodyline is an homage to horror and Castlevania (particularly Order of Ecclesia), Cyberline is cyberpunk and Megaman, and Starline is Asian Fantasy with an inspiration from Metroid Fusion/Silent Hill 2/Resident Evil 3. The game itself is called līən (pronounced lion, lyin', and line)
That's sounds awesome.

Numb

Thanks. These are the redesigns of the logos that I hated yesterday. I wanted them to have more of a Kingdom Hearts world logo feeling. I'm actually quite proud of these.

-----

Bernie Sanders is an unfortunate idealist who's plans are wholly impossible to implement. I love the idealistic version of the world he wants to make, but I'm more likely to become a Keyblade Master Jedi Inhuman than he is to be elected and be able to enact his concepts.
The inspirations show.
Although i would say i also thought of Vampire Hunter D with the first one.

Malyse

That's sounds awesome.
I am a crazy person. There's actually a lot lot more to it (like my plans for NFC, the wholly unique way of multiple endings, the dynamic music, the replay factor) but I would need a publisher to do everything I want.

Ironically, I have a completely insanely audacious concept of how I can actually pull off getting a publisher. I just need to build up some money and then pull the trigger.
If I'm being honest, it's such a bold move that I'm terrified of even trying it.
The inspirations show.
Although i would say i also thought of Vampire Hunter D with the first one.
It's horror that's based in a church. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.

----

Also, indivisible shows I have no chance of getting funded via crowd. Those guys are established and having trouble. My MC isn't ambiguously tan, she's straight up black. And I don't have any white folk to use as a crutch either: the other two main characters are Chinese/Japanese and Mexican. No way that KS doesn't fail.

----

In other news, I'm finally investing in the computer I want. Newegg has the Surface Pro 3 i7 256GB on sale for the price that Amazon is charging for the Surface Pro 3 i7 128GB (the computer I planned on getting), plus I just got a 256GB microSD for $8, free shipping (go China!) meaning basically a i7 512GB for $1120. I can finally get back to work on this project.

Numb

It's horror that's based in a church. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.

----

Also, indivisible shows I have no chance of getting funded via crowd. Those guys are established and having trouble. My MC isn't ambiguously tan, she's straight up black. And I don't have any white folk to use as a crutch either: the other two main characters are Chinese/Japanese and Mexican. No way that KS doesn't fail.
indeed
Don't know how it will go down but depends on alot of stuff with presentation,pricing,time etc etc
I say go for it if you don't have other means. Got my backing atleast. As long as it ain't 1.5 mil...

akira28

But quick question.....How do most black folks (or what is the "common" view) look back at Bush 41?

People were just happy that Reagan was gone. Bush was like a breath of fresh moderate Republican air. Air that wasn't blessed by the Christian Coalition.

He's got bodies buried somewhere too.

Malyse

indeed
Don't know how it will go down but depends on alot of stuff with presentation,pricing,time etc etc
I say go for it if you don't have other means. Got my backing atleast. As long as it ain't 1.5 mil...
It would be for an expanded version. I would Iconoclasts before KS, TBH.

Slayven

People were just happy that Reagan was gone. Bush was like a breath of fresh moderate Republican air. Air that wasn't blessed by the Christian Coalition.

He's got bodies buried somewhere too.

Shhhhiiittt for sure, he came from those old school republicans that made doing dirty an science.

BigDes

I am a crazy person. There's actually a lot lot more to it (like my plans for NFC, the wholly unique way of multiple endings, the dynamic music, the replay factor) but I would need a publisher to do everything I want.

Ironically, I have a completely insanely audacious concept of how I can actually pull off getting a publisher. I just need to build up some money and then pull the trigger.
If I'm being honest, it's such a bold move that I'm terrified of even trying it.

Ah the old getting naked in front of the Board trick. Never fails.

Malyse

The Indivisible thread is going to shit. 😓

If it's not "Mah panties!" it's unironically blaming "tumblr SJW's" for not supporting a brown protagonist enough. 😒
Comic nerds will get this but Ben Carons reminds me of Norman Osborn during Siege.
Carons reminds me of carrion. Fitting for his corpse of a campaign.

Ah! America does love The Walking Dead
and Tina Fey
! It all makes sense now.

Numb

If it's not "Mah panties!" it's unironically blaming "tumblr SJW's" for not supporting a brown protagonist enough. 😒

That dude that said he wouldn't support it cos it wasn't lewd enough just..just..
Yeah things went down.

Numb

Dude made the Monster Monpiece, Senran Kagura, and Curry God OT's. His interests are pretty singular.

Most of the time a joke when pushing the lewd angle but then there those other very few times.
Good knowing what you want and being that open and shameless about tho.

Numb

Not like the Mika thread where everyone is in on the snark and barely any serious people.
Complete opposite and a great thread infact thats very focused and tons of info. Not the usual stuff. Almost.

D i Z

The Indivisible thread is going to shit. ��

If it's not "Mah panties!" it's unironically blaming "tumblr SJW's" for not supporting a brown protagonist enough. ��

They somehow managed to give their fanbase unlimited leave to question what they spend their time on and how they handle their own game.The moment that they buckled and started to answer to the pantie sniffin masses and their demands about content it was all over for them. No respect, just scrutiny. This is the second game that they find themselves bent over for the fickle sensibilities of the consumer because they had their hand out.

Slayven

coasting on failure? doomed to fail because he cant keep his crazy ass in check?
Pretty much
They somehow managed to give their fanbase unlimited leave to question what they spend their time on and how they handle their own game.The moment that they buckled and started to answer to the pantie sniffin masses and their demands about content it was all over for them. No respect, just scrutiny. This is the second game that they find themselves bent over for the fickle sensibilities of the consumer because they had their hand out.

Ha I forgot these were the Skullgirls dudes, they should know better than anyone. Keep your relationship with the fans professional and at arms length. And outright ignore certain segments of your base.

Crocodile

You're exaggerating. You're talking about like 1-2 people.

I'm having a hard time parsing what you're saying. What demands did they give into? When did they buckle? What are you trying to say?

D i Z

I'm having a hard time parsing what you're saying. What demands did they give into? When did they buckle? What are you trying to say?

They crowdfunded their DLC for Skullgirls and for some stupid reason when the "fans" complained about the funding goal amount, they famously offered a dollar by dollar break down of where all of the money was going, and the cost for each character to develop and integrate into the game. The characters being perv material was trouble enough, but this they did to themselves because they really needed the cash, and people knew it.

It was kind of a big deal when it went down as they were the poster child for the defense of indie development costs in the face of unrealistic expectations from gamers.

Crocodile

They crowdfunded their DLC for Skullgirls and for some stupid reason when the "fans" complained about the funding goal amount, they famously offered a dollar by dollar break down of where all of the money was going, and the cost for each character to develop and integrate into the game. The characters being perv material was trouble enough, but this they did this to themselves.

Yeah I remember all that, I was there. That's how crowdfunding works though. Usually you try to explain to your backers where their money is going. When you don't, people often get cold feet and/or complain. People were stupid because they didn't understand how making videogames work or how much they cost. Just saying nothing wasn't really an option. When someone asks you a question, if you're crowdfunding, you usually don't have the option of saying "SHUT UP NOOB!" even if its a dumb question. Not only does that let misinformation spread (as people come up with their own stupid justifications) but it doesn't exactly encourage people to back your project. I just don't understand how "they did that to themselves". Again, saying nothing wasn't an option.

D i Z

Yeah I remember all that, I was there. That's how crowdfunding works though. Usually you try to explain to your backers where their money is going. When you don't, people often get cold feet and/or complain. People were stupid because they didn't understand how making videogames work or how much they cost. Just saying nothing wasn't really an option. When someone asks you a question, if you're crowdfunding, you usually don't have the option of saying "SHUT UP NOOB!" even if its a dumb question. Not only does that let misinformation spread (as people come up with their own stupid justifications) but it doesn't exactly encourage people to back your project. I just don't understand how "they did that to themselves". Again, saying nothing wasn't an option.

There's a fine line between answering a question and moving on, and continuing to indulge the behavior that gives you the losing hand. I don't even have to quantify it any further than to point at the mess that they find themselves in once again over the same issues. Only this time they're bent over a barrel from jump, and asking for the same groups that drug them thru it last time to be gentle.

Crocodile

There's a fine line between answering a question and moving on, and continuing to indulge the behavior that gives you the losing hand. I don't even have to quantify it any further than to point at the mess that they find themselves in once again over the same issues. Only this time they're bent over a barrel from jump, and asking for the same groups that drug them thru it last time to be gentle.

So then when someone asks (either because they legit don't know or because they are an idiot) "why does X cost Y?" or "why are you asking for Z amount?" or "A asked for B, why are you asking for C?" they should just say nothing? Because that isn't how any crowdfunding campaign I've ever seen manages questions asked of them. They all try to clarify misconceptions and answer questions, even if said questions are dumb.

D i Z

So then when someone asks (either because they legit don't know or because they are an idiot) "why does X cost Y?" or "why are you asking for Z amount?" or "A asked for B, why are you asking for C?" they should just say nothing? Because that isn't how any crowdfunding campaign I've ever seen manages questions asked of them. They all try to clarify misconceptions and answer questions, even if said questions are dumb.

You're missing the point. They took a metric ton of abuse. From the moment they engaged that particular base with their hand out for help, they got it good from those that had an axe to grind for the depiction of their characters, and those that felt entitled to content for a game that they had already bought. Both groups had open dialogue and avenues to express needs beyond reason. A certain sense of leverage (if not ownership) of their product became the common narrative, and you can see it in every single place that they engage the userbase. Often down to design decisions and needing fan approval (see the current protag debacle for a glimpse at that shit show). It really doesn't matter if you don't like the way I say it, or if you even agree. The reality is that they are in the same jam that they were in two years ago because they didn't take care of business. And as a result two year old beef is a factor in their desperation game not getting funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom