• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Black people can be corrupt, ineffectual and not care about the people too. I dont care if theyre black, as long as they do their job and represent what theyre supposed to.

But seriously, they need to be both black and not corrupt. Why would the civic leadership be all white in a 80% black town? Makes no sense. Ignoring race in a lot of situations means an automatic loss.

But seriously, they need to be both black and not corrupt. Why would the civic leadership be all white in a 80% black town? Makes no sense. Ignoring race in a lot of situations means an automatic loss.

Im not ignoring race. Yes, go ahead and put Black people in.

But being from Detroit, and after Obama, someone just sharing my skin color is not enough for me.

Gattsu25

Banned
To fix things like Ferguson, i think someone should organize black people to get out and vote on local issues.

I still need to remember to vote against kim worthy for not firing that white lady for saying rioters should be shot.
Don't forget that the Ferguson elections are held during an unusual voting season vs other local elections.. So in that case a part of the solution is also making sure that black people even know WHEN to vote.

shitttttttt 127 mill and she fucking with a dude that is gangbanging, and clearly too old to be about that life.

I hit the powerball I would fully fund a BCT meet up in Tokyo. Even Jandro and Beef

Meetup? Mofo we better be living that 100% real talk Japanese life.

ikemen51.jpg

otaku.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Slayven

Meetup? Mofo we better be living that 100% real talk Japanese life.

ikeme51.jpg

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/652ddd646113b3525dc98a010db7b4c/http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm156/Machinegunsmitty/otaku.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://www.japanrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/IMG_1108.jg
Nope, first stop is here

BiV6oH9.jpg

Wih a stack of these
7j3Fl2r.png

This would never happen anyway. We all know Slayven would put all the money towards a Disney/Marvel Dr. Doom movie
starring Olivia Munn

Nah, Munn lose the babyfat. She out of the binder Devon Aoki took her spot

Between this and your Korea boy band tweet the other day....you suspect, breh.
I'm just fucking with y'all.

Well, not about the Korean boy band shit. Dudes can dance. (Turn on CC for the lyrics)

This misrepresentation of the island...

Come to Kyoto and get cultured
My man Jake Kazdal moved out to Kyoto. He keeps making me jealous by sending pictures over Twitter. I only get to go once a year.

Nope, first stop is here

BiV6oH9.jpg

Wih a stack of these
7j3Fl2r.png
Watch them Kamen Rider movie fights. Yes.

akira28

Im not ignoring race. Yes, go ahead and put Black people in.

But being from Detroit, and after Obama, someone just sharing my skin color is not enough for me.

not you ignoring race, but whenever the general conversation starts talking about "all of us" that 65% to 15% population ratio means that the race piece gets minimized while dealing with everything that decidedly "has nothing to do with race", so while they're trying to fix the economy, black communities are still the ones hit hardest by the recession, still hurt the most by the job crisis, still the most affected by laws built around a centuries old white supremacist caste system. So once we start pretending we suddenly live in a spontaneously generated meritocracy free of any bad history or painful baggage, we open the door to backsliding and abuse while thinking we're all headed in the right direction.

so yeah, competency is key, but so is representation of the people of your community and being a reflection of them. So, trying to stack the city council with black power isn't where I was headed with this, but making sure people of color are enabled and encouraged to serve their communities is super important. I just keep thinking back to Reconstruction era and all those elected black politicians and civil servants, and how it all went completely inverted in a matter of years once black representation was taken away.

If BCT Blacks Out Japan is a thing, we should go to the beach and/or Toshimaen. Also something something cosplay terraformars something something.

That Blersona pic lol

I'm just fucking with y'all.

Well, not about the Korean boy band shit. Dudes can dance. (Turn on CC for the lyrics)

My man Jake Kazdal moved out to Kyoto. He keeps making me jealous by sending pictures over Twitter. I only get to go once a year.

Watch them Kamen Rider movie fights. Yes.

Come out for Bitsummit next year, we'll take care of you.

Only if you hook me up with a job. :p

XlkhuBJ.png

Can you program? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom