• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might jump on in an hour or 2.
Aight. I'm hitting Costco and should be back in an hour and sine change.
Man fuck endor if you are playing as the Empire, rebels have natural camo. They just pop out like Naruto ninjas and shit.
Ha! Love that shit. Reminds me of setting clamour traps in Socom while laying in some thick brush. FUCK, I wish Sony would just remaster 1 & 2..so many people would be happy..

Malyse

http://superheroesincolor.tumblr.com/post/133529803045/gamora-cosplay-by-maki-rolls-chop-shop

tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo1_500.png

hypernima

Banned
12249763_983083345085476_8451896452326670086_n.jpg

This shit gets so fucking tiring to see. LIke why is it whenever black women do anything it always got to be some stereotypical caption attached to the shit. Like why can't black women fucking enjoy themselves without being judged.

I saw it on shoryuken.com. I've been visiting the site less and less because of shit like this. They love to shit on black women any chance they get and I'm tired of seeing racist shit getting promoted over there. fuck em.

Yea this is really just dumb, and don't even get me started on SRK and FGC dudes in general. Them niggas is so anti-black its crazy, in the chat, in threads, in everything. I just can't understand how a dude can hate himself so much. On top of the general cosplay community being anti-black on shit people don't need this.

Malyse

Yea this is really just dumb, and don't even get me started on SRK and FGC dudes in general. Them niggas is so anti-black its crazy, in the chat, in threads, in everything. I just can't understand how a dude can hate himself so much. On top of the general cosplay community being anti-black on shit people don't need this.

I'm looking for that brilliant post about blackness.

Have this for now

http://www.cheeseundpeas.com/2011/09/everyone-wants-to-be-black-but-nobody.html?m=1

Infinite

I only experience stuff like this online but never in person but I would say that there's too many dudes who say misogynystic shit specifically of the misogynoir variety. Stream chats are fucking garbage though.

Malyse

Found it. Trey, you slippin'. Forgot to put this in the OP.

Everyone wants to be black. There's nothing more punk rock on Earth than being black. We stroll in, all muscle and sinew and cocoa, fucking the game up like dirty edge connectors. We laugh loud and speak bold and emit "I-just-don't-give-a-fuck" with every movement. We have been scrutinized and analyzed in every conceivable way, and still we are mysterious and exotic right down to the kink of our hair to those - surprising, still numerous - people who haven't been in contact with us before. We've created the rhythm and the blues, the rock and the roll, the hip and the hop. We brought in the noise and the funk. We put the soul in food, and pretty much everything else too. We built your pyramids, and we leap over them with our seemingly impossible collective athleticism, borne of mountains, jungles and plains that many of us still live in all across the world. Everyone wants to be black.

No one wants to be black. There's nothing more terrifying than the knowledge that we exist in every way but individually to everyone - even other black people. We can never be judged by our own merits; we carry the weight of the race's progression with every step into the future like Atlas, and even he shrugged...but we can't, because it's considered weak and selling out if we do. Every bit of slang, every bit of clothing that sits the wrong way, every head nod and hand gesture can and will be taken in the wrong way, a universal "there-goes-the-neighborhood" by everyone that can do so, which basically consists of everyone that doesn't want the social association with black people. That group, naturally, consists of everyone that is able to pass as "non-black". We live in a world where we were kings until we were cattle, and then we were weapons, and then we were like aphids, sprouting up where we weren't wanted, corrupting non-black youth, and the reason for everything from crime to lowered test scores or property value. Nobody wants to be black.

My blackness offends infinitely.
I want to be black.

I'm a huge fighting game fan, and this is one of the big reasons why I don't interact with the SRK/FGC.

Unless there's some subsection that aren't a bunch of pricks, it'll probably stay that way even if I make a fighting game.

I don't want it to turn into a HaloGAF-esque dick-waving contest to get their thread up first, but, uh... could I do OT13? Or maybe just produce some assets?

inb4 white savior ot

Malyse

I'm a huge fighting game fan, and this is one of the big reasons why I don't interact with the SRK/FGC.

Unless there's some subsection that aren't a bunch of pricks, it'll probably stay that way even if I make a fighting game.

It's weird, but I literally owned every fighter last gen and I never felt like there was a place for me in that community.

I will never understand why DC can't get it through their thick skulls that Hawkgirl/woman and Hawkman are better without each other.

And Hawkgirl is more interesting.

And Hawkguy's trash. Got carried by the Fraction/Aja team.

I will never understand why DC can't get it through their thick skulls that Hawkgirl/woman and Hawkman are better without each other.

And Hawkgirl is more interesting.

And Hawkguy's trash. Got carried by the Fraction/Aja team.

Green Arrow is a niche funny character in DC comics.

Hawkeye is a badass in Marvel comics.

conclusion? Marvel took that "year of the bow" and ran with it.

I think Green Arrow has better villains & supporting cast though.. how could you not love Artemis & Speedy.

Jacir

As much as it would be unfortunate if the schengen agreement gets overridden, and as someone who already has an EU passport/visa for a couple of years, this wouldn't be a huge deal for me because first I'm not in Europe right now and I barely crossed borders there. I would say that the threat of terrorism, specifically in Portugal is almost nonexistent but definitely not impossible (I'm not an expert lol). Im talking about Portugal because so far they are the only western european country to not experience any crazy shit since they purposely try to stay away from these never ending conflicts. It's a shame that there will be less movement of people if this happens but even before current events, I had the the slightest concern that it is way too good to last for a long/longer time.

Jacir

Bigots are all about data and statistics until that data goes against their bigot-ass gut feelings.

I'm not going to lie out of my ass but I certainly have had the tendency to discriminate. Usually, I just stay quiet like normal and when either I or someone else says/does something borderline bigoted, I cringe intensely. When it's really bad...thankfully I haven't been in that situation.

Damn Faded, why'd you have to post that? I specifically made sure to find the version without the text when I posted it earlier. That shit pissed me off when I saw it on my Facebook feed, but liked the cosplay, so I decided to find the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom