• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Good lord that Ono thread is still going strong with the salt. And I thought I was sensitive.

On another note my supervisor just offered me a permanent position when I finish my internship.
It is indeed.
Congrats bud.
It just dawned on me that middle-aged comic fans are the worst comic fans. They go off of their crusty dusty opinions like "Hawkguy sucks", "John Stewart is boring", "Sam Raimi's Spider-Man sucked". But they don't realize that thanks to millennials, their awful opinions are part of a minority that will eventually be laughed out of a room.
lol
Always trying to start shit.

-------
Caught up to Southpark. That last ep got in there deep with the pussy crushing.
The ad stuff was dumb tho

D i Z

Good lord that Ono thread is still going strong with the salt. And I thought I was sensitive.

On another note my supervisor just offered me a permanent position when I finish my internship.

Hey, congratulations on the offer. You gonna take it?

It just dawned on me that middle-aged comic fans are the worst comic fans. They go off of their crusty dusty opinions like "Hawkguy sucks", "John Stewart is boring", "Sam Raimi's Spider-Man sucked". But they don't realize that thanks to millennials, their awful opinions are part of a minority that will eventually be laughed out of a room.

grandpa-simpson.gif

There's so much rage in there. It's amazing. I finally pre-ordered it today. Need to give it a try

Congratulations.

Village

This is also applicable to games.

Slayven

Nigga you were crying over cloud, your opinions come with an L that is numbered and has a certificate of authenticity.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This is also applicable to games.
Extremely true. Modern video games are leaning towards the artistic sensibilities of indies. Everyone talks about Hotline Miami, Undertale, & Life is Strange these days. The AAA industries will realize this eventually.

Nigga you were crying over cloud, your opinions come with an L that is numbered and has a certificate of authenticity.
You gonna have an actual comeback or what

Slayven

Extremely true. Modern video games are leaning towards the artistic sensibilities of indies. Everyone talks about Hotline Miami, Undertale, & Life is Strange these days. The AAA industries will realize this eventually.

Have something worth coming back to, you are 1000 years too early to be challenging your betters little boy.

It's just people like us talking about Indie titles right? AAA care about the casual market.

Found the cosplayer's twitter account, and now I am in too deep.

What cosplay?

This strikes me as short-sighted. Things move in cycles. What is old will be new again and so forth.

Indies are the ones innovating the games market. The AAA market will collapse in on itself the way it's been going for the past few years.

Where are you getting info that they're going to collapse on themselves? I haven't seen any articles about any large studios on the verge of getting closed down. These sales look pretty stellar and not to mention GTA V broke records just two years ago.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Where are you getting info that they're going to collapse on themselves? I haven't seen any articles about any large studios on the verge of getting closed down. These sales look pretty stellar and not to mention GTA V broke records just two years ago.

Konami announced they're done with AAA games mere weeks after The Phantom Pain became a best-seller. It won't happen soon but unless other changes are made, the same will eventually happen to other companies.

Slayven

Konami announced they're done with AAA games mere weeks after The Phantom Pain became a best-seller. It won't happen soon but unless other changes are made, the same will eventually happen to other companies.

You using Konami as an example? Might as well use Windows Phones as an example of the smartphone market.

The Adder

Banned

Hawkguy sucks and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man doesn't understand Spider-Man the character.

Signed,
A Millennial

I don't follow Konami too closely but wasn't that an eventuality anyways? Seems like they had progressively slowed down their Video Game production over a number of years regardless. Outside of Metal Gear and a few Castlevania's here and there what have they done? Music arcade games?

I'm still not sure where you're getting your info from and what does exactly does Konami have to do with it. Innovation didn't seem to have any relevance in regards to that especially given the critical appraise for Phantom Pain. There was that shit with Kojima and their employees in general, but I generally don't know what the fuck is or was going on there. Do you have some insider connections that I don't?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hawkguy sucks and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man doesn't understand Spider-Man the character.

Signed,
A Millennial

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

You using Konami as an example? Might as well use Windows Phones as an example of the smartphone market.
You got a point there. Japanese games culture and western games culture are two different beasts completely.

I'm still not sure where you're getting your info from and what does exactly does Konami have to do with it. Innovation didn't seem to have any relevance in regards to that especially given the critical appraise for Phantom Pain. There was that shit with Kojima and their employees in general, but I generally don't know what the fuck is or was going on there. Do you have some insider connections that I don't?

I never said I got connections, but that's just the way things look. It could change for the better, but I doubt it.

zeemumu

Signed,
A Millennial

The entire Hawk-person species kinda sucks, but I think Stewart's better than Hal Jordan.

The weirdest one is that Aquaman sucks. Superfriends wrecked him forever

Mizerman

The entire Hawk-person species kinda sucks, but I think Stewart's better than Hal Jordan.

The weirdest one is that Aquaman sucks. Superfriends wrecked him forever

A combination of Superfriends and the various jokes throughout the years have given Aquaman an unfair reputation. V_V

I'm a huge fighting game fan, and this is one of the big reasons why I don't interact with the SRK/FGC.

Unless there's some subsection that aren't a bunch of pricks, it'll probably stay that way even if I make a fighting game.

Aka stop playing online.

Like has gaf not tipped you off that any online community that's large enough is juststraight shit?

That's why I just go to tournaments and play online with the people that just don't play online only.

Though tbh SRK barely reflects the FGC anymore, only people left there are the vultures pretty much. Everyone has moved to twitter and facebook because they are the ones who actually go to events.

Malyse

Aka stop playing online.

Like has gaf not tipped you off that any online community that's large enough is juststraight shit?

That's why I just go to tournaments and play online with the people that just don't play online only.

Though tbh SRK barely reflects the FGC anymore, only people left there are the vultures pretty much. Everyone has moved to twitter and facebook because they are the ones who actually go to events.
#YesAllFandoms

D i Z

punk2.gif

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I just hope this "indiepocalypse" isn't too serious.

I don't think it will be but it'll be interesting to see if indies as a whole begin to grasp the business side of things and work towards their own preservation. Even the biggest Indie hits end up cashing in rather than picking up smaller pieces and teams for the purpose of future proofing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It sounds harsh, but it's pure truth. You ask a group of 20 year olds who Green Lantern is, they're gonna say "the black guy from the Justice League cartoon". Age has made comic fans underestimate many things.

so in 20 years after the new justice league cartoon comes out, and they question " whos john stewart?" what then?

Signed,
A Millennial

my man. ive been one and done with raimi spider man since high school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom