• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to start a thread on this because I know the defenders of racism will claim every European is colorblind, but...

Dutch Newspaper uses N-word in headline and doubles down on it afterwards

The quotes from black people living in the Netherlands gives an entirely different story than what you hear on this board. The police statistics also paint a very different picture that mirrors those of in the US.
Jesus. Not enough pictures of smiling black children to defend this.

Not going to start a thread on this because I know the defenders of racism will claim every European is colorblind, but...

The quotes from black people living in the Netherlands gives an entirely different story than what you hear on this board. The police statistics also paint a very different picture that mirrors those in the US.

...I'm going to hang on to this for the next time someone starts bringing up the "Europeans don't see color" bullshit. Expecting some "you guys don't know the context!" posts only for the context to be, well, a newspaper dropping the n-word like it was nothing.

esms

The quotes from black people living in the Netherlands gives an entirely different story than what you hear on this board. The police statistics also paint a very different picture that mirrors those in the US.

Seeing Europeans try and justify stuff like this is good for a laugh though.

Edit: someone made the thread. Fuckery Friday is real
rejoice.png

Read the article and comments.

To be fair it was a quote from the book they were reviewing...even though some quotation marks and maybe a censoring would help. It doesnt help that theyre pretty homogeneously white over there and admitted to having no black staff on the book section who could have told them it was insensitive.

But it doesnt give them an excuse to have that and blackface, supposedly showing the way blacks are viewed in america by americans - to the their dutch readers. It's still insensitive as fuck and just because they have a small ethnic population doesnt give them carte blanche on racial insensitive shit.

Numb

LMAO, really shows the generational gap between the vets and the younger guys.

Learning more and more how many wrestlers are old school arcade players cos of this channel. Only game i think i spent enough money to maybe buy a car like Mark Henry said is either SF2,Contra on arcade or that Asterix brawler. Not into wrestling as much as i was before but this channel im liking alot

Crocodile

The reason it wasn't obvious is because other people in that thread were making serious posts like that.

Real talk it can be INCREDIBLY hard to know when someone is being sincere or being sarcastic on GAF (or rather the entire internet) and its only getting harder. People say so much dumb shit with a straight face you can't tell fuckery from parody anymore. It's why I tend to be careful and strongly limit my use of sarcasm online and avoid it all together for super contentious subjects.

Real talk it can be INCREDIBLY hard to know when someone is being sincere or being sarcastic on GAF (or rather the entire internet) and its only getting harder. People say so much dumb shit with a straight face you can't tell fuckery from parody anymore. It's why I tend to be careful and strongly limit my use of sarcasm online and avoid it all together for super contentious subjects.

That's why I use it as much as humanly possible.

Why is finding a Barber harder than finding a job?!?

I have no idea. Back when I lived in DC, there was a barber that cut a patch of my hair out and blamed my hair. He said it grew in a different direction there and it'd always look like that. I managed to find a good barber out there eventually, but that was about a year later. Those were dark days.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I'm glad y'all already talking about it but I'm trying to figure out how/why the NWA movie is being pushed so hard and doing so well ?

Slayven

I feel like the people hyping this don't get it though.
Especially with the memes and stuff. Its on some borderline culture vulture ish if that makes sense.

Oh yeah that, you never not going to get that. But also get people that learn a little something and decide to dig a little deeper

Slayven

A link to a good article about MLK and white liberals:

http://rhrealitycheck.org/ablc/2015/08/13/dr-king-white-progressive/

I'm happy to hear from so many folks that Straight Outta Compton turned out fine. Of course watch Hollywood ignore that a black focused movie made money again.

Damn while things change the more they say the same

When rights are consistently denied, a cause should be pressed in the courts and in negotiations among local leaders, and not in the streets. We appeal to both our white and Negro citizenry to observe the principles of law and order and common sense.

Bookmark for the next thread

Young Magus

Yep, dude wasn't wrong. But he was wrong in how he said it.

Basically, dude had vaild points but thanks to the tone THAT became the talking point.

Shame really, he was saying things that do get lost in those types of discussions

I'm glad y'all already talking about it but I'm trying to figure out how/why the NWA movie is being pushed so hard and doing so well ?

Relivence now more than ever.

I tried to make a joke post based on what Huckabee said about the military in the ethnic main character thread over on the video games side. I thought it was obvious. It clearly wasn't

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=175405353

Seemed obvious to me

Experienced this at In n Out.
Can't have diversity in games black people are already violent from the 9 video games this decade they are in. If they flipped the ratio with whites. It'd be the walking dead by uncharted 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom