• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Dammmmn, Gordon. The crazy will still be here when you get back. Enjoy your break.

tumblr-lihi26llb51qd2avdo1-500.gif

It's about to be hotter than a motherfucker in Downtown LA today. I just can't. Today is going to be a Destiny day.

Crocodile

I put a question mark for a reason

Dude i'm not from Texas, i'm from Chile, not that we don't have our own breed of racists here but please don't assume anything along those lines about me.

Well since you're asking nicely, let me fill you in. You''re falling into a bit of a fallacy. Just because a movie has a minority character (race, gender, orientation,etc.), even if they are in a leading role, doesn't mean the movie is about or has to be about "issues" pertaining to said character. If you, for example, made the main character in a random movie gay, that doesn't mean that the movie is about gay rights, or the gay struggle nor do you have to have like gay sex scenes or anything of the sort. For many movies, changing these numbs on a lot of characters would make no difference. So the question becomes, in scenarios where those swaps wouldn't matter, why not do it? The reason is often unfounded fears that it would case the movie to sell worse or other either blatantly or subconscious racist/sexist/homophobic though processes.

FuuRe

Well since you're asking nicely, let me fill you in. You''re falling into a bit of a fallacy. Just because a movie has a minority character (race, gender, orientation,etc.), even if they are in a leading role, doesn't mean the movie is about or has to be about "issues" pertaining to said character. If you, for example, made the main character in a random movie gay, that doesn't mean that the movie is about gay rights, or the gay struggle nor do you have to have like gay sex scenes or anything of the sort. For many movies, changing these numbs on a lot of characters would make no difference. So the question becomes, in scenarios where those swaps wouldn't matter, why not do it? The reason is often unfounded fears that it would case the movie to sell worse or other either blatantly or subconscious racist/sexist/homophobic though processes.

Fair enough, i assumed the charts represented those topic representation in the movies and it was not just about the characters.

I apologize.

Order

I've been replaying Final Fantasy X and I forgot how the rules of the world make no sense.

Everybody can breathe underwater, apparently dreams can come to life, and the concept of death is basically nonexistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom