• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

The white washing was really dumb.

It's the combination of alot of little things that made people mad at him not one big thing and are blinded by it.

Infinite

Real talk, aside from white-washing that girl, that Red Ash anime kickstarter has done NOTHING wrong. People are literally hating for no reason (given that maybe 5 people total aside from me seem to care about the white washing) except "herp derp Inafune" even though he isn't running that project.

their issue is optics more so than doing something wrong. But like i always say if you dont want to support it you reall dont have to.

Slayven

I was going to make a thread about how awesome Avengers Assemble has been this season. But i thought twice.

Folks don't deserve to know How the Avengers been fighting The Justice League all season

Numb

I was going to make a thread about how awesome Avengers Assemble has been this season. But i thought twice.

Folks don't deserve to know How the Avengers been fighting The Justice League all season

Was mad salty Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon with the sick intro got booted because of the new one and was avoiding it.
Is it awesome or as good?

Dereck

I just finished this, this is all fucked up

88KNi2D.jpg

I'm reading that Priest interview on BP right now and noticed this cover:

Obviously it'd have to be tweaked to work with the rest of the "modern" costume, but coloration light enough on gloves / "gauntlet fibers" to let him have some stripes running parallel to his arms would look awesome. I love the definition it adds.

EDIT: also, I thought this bit was "funny" / still relevant today:

The main thing preventing Black Panther from fulfilling that Batman niche for Marvel is, frankly, Marvel. Whether knowingly or subliminally, Marvel marketing--if not Marvel editorial--sees Panther in a racial context and, thus, as a less “pure” character than, say, Drax the Destroyer or the Sub-Mariner. I don’t mean racism so much as a level of sensitivity and concern for the reader’s ability to identify with and/or respond to these issues.

For example: a line was cut from my contribution to the recent Deadpool marriage issue because Marvel was concerned black readers might be offended. I assured them black fans would not be offended by the line, but I was overruled. Which troubled me because I was an actual black person assuring them black people really aren’t as thin skinned as they (or the corporate hedgehog above Marvel editorial) may think.

Black people have a sense of humor. Deadpool, the character, busts on everybody. It was a violation of his character for him to start pulling his punches just because he was talking to a black person.

Marvel and DC should stop being afraid of letters, afraid of email. The incident struck me as a little silly, that Marvel wasn’t so worried about their black fans as they were perhaps worried about offending the sensibilities of their white fans and/or of ‘Pool coming across as racist.

It wasn’t a racist line. It was, however, the funniest line in the story and they cut it, despite having an actual black person assure them. If they actually understood humor (or black people), they could have run one of those old Stan Lee asterisk captions; *We were assured, by an actual black person, that this line was okay --Ed.

Shy

Here's a video on BLM and Sanders you guys might be interested in.

Saw Mad Max with the fiancée last night. For months the Internet was splooging over it. I was like meh. Fiancée hated it with a passion, saying where the fuck's the plot at. I'm sighing about to scour the Web trying to make sense of the movie.
Damm. Sorry you and your finacee didn't enjoy it.
I thought it was truth.
If I was going to go out, I would also talk about MGS story being gibberish at worst, the ramblings of a 14 angst nerd at best.
0giDS3E.png

I wouldn't go that far but it really is criminally overrated. Like, The Boss is a nothing character to me. She has a good design but all of her dialogue is nonsense and exposition.
WeSbVBU.png

Nah

MGS story is the best, because its super dumb and knows its super dumb. There is a point in there more often than not. But nah, its super dumb and thats why its the best.
See, this guy gets it.
Which is why the whole audio recording of sexual assult in Ground Zeroes threw me for a loop. Along with kojima's weird sexual politics.
Yeah, 18 months on, i still don't know how to feel about it.
Threads not even onto the second page and I'm already floored.... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175531332#post175531332
You know, the worst thing about that thread is, that when i saw the tittle earlier, i was making jokes to myself about the kind of over the top defences people would make, only to click on it, and see that people were making them with a straight face. :(

He's going to die in the first movie. He'll sacrifice himself to save the white character that'll take his place.

no he'll sacrifice himself to save the entire plan, only to be shown after the credits to be barely breathing still. They revive him for the next movie but as a side-effect of dying he comes back white

DMczaf

no he'll sacrifice himself to save the entire plan, only to be shown after the credits to be barely breathing still. They revive him for the next movie but as a side-effect of dying he comes back white

They'll reverse Darth Vader him?

He turns to the dark side, gets destroyed, but is revived by the new Emperor with a white robotic suit and Nolan North voicing him now.

We made it.

CMeTlx5UwAAbEvH.jpg

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSS

Ahem. Oooh, doesn't the current Star Wars comic give Han Solo a black ex-wife? Hmmmm...

Actually, no. I don't want Finn the Brotha to be related to any one in the main cast.

RedSwirl

Saw Mad Max with the fiancée last night. For months the Internet was splooging over it. I was like meh. Fiancée hated it with a passion, saying where the fuck's the plot at. I'm sighing about to scour the Web trying to make sense of the movie.

I thought it was pretty good.

I think a lot of people are all over it though because it has a sense of freshness to its look that's rare these days.

Crocodile

It's amazing how some people are/were looking for any excuse to call what happened at Ferguson a "non-issue" or say "Micheal Brown" deserved it.

SMFH. I can only imagine how much worse it must be on other forums :(

I saw the poster and it all mad sense. He seems to be quite vocal in threads like those. Always giving opinions that seem to miss the point and make blacks/minorities at fault.

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

THE BROTHA IS A JEDI

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSS

Ahem. Oooh, doesn't the current Star Wars comic give Han Solo a black ex-wife? Hmmmm...

Actually, no. I don't want Finn the Brotha to be related to any one in the main cast.

I finally lived to see the day. I never thought we'd get one after Sam. Now we have the man that killed blue beasts in Britain bringing the force back to the galaxy far far away.

Sou Da

it's good

Well Squadron Sinster

Assemble moved up from being unwatchable to typical Saturday morning trash, you give it too much credit.

Same with Spidey. Both of these shows have the same thing in common though, they both feel souless as fuck. Especially the Spider-Man one, so many good ideas wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom