• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I don't get it.

Mjolnir is the name of the iconic armor master chief wears in Halo. That particular link is about a permutation of said armor that increases speed by utilizing "fast twitch" muscle fibers. Fast twitch muscle fibers are the stereotypically attributed reasoning for black excellence in physical displays. Terraformers is a manga that uses black stereotypes in a denigrating fashion.

Thus, the joke is explained.

Mjolnir is the name of the iconic armor master chief wears in Halo. That particular link is about a permutation of said armor that increases speed by utilizing "fast twitch" muscle fibers. Fast twitch muscle fibers are the stereotypically attributed reasoning for black excellence in physical displays. Terraformers is a manga that uses black stereotypes in a denigrating fashion.

So what you're saying is.. the joke is 3 levels of "you must be Slayven level invested in two different genres's of shit to understand this wiki-based reference"

Alright. I'm cool with the fact I didn't get it at jump.

This is why white people hate us

JLynn

Saw Mad Max with the fiancée last night. For months the Internet was splooging over it. I was like meh. Fiancée hated it with a passion, saying where the fuck's the plot at. I'm sighing about to scour the Web trying to make sense of the movie.

Trey

Straight Out of Compton made as much money in one day as Fantastic Four made all weekend

Makes sense. Hyped tie in album that was well received. Has good word of mouth. Has a dedicated (if not forced) meme circulating.

Saw Mad Max with the fiancée last night. For months the Internet was splooging over it. I was like meh. Fiancée hated it with a passion, saying where the fuck's the plot at. I'm sighing about to scour the Web trying to make sense of the movie.

All time great action film.

So what you're saying is.. the joke is 3 levels of "you must be Slayven level invested in two different genres's of shit to understand this wiki-based reference"

Alright. I'm cool with the fact I didn't get it at jump.

I do love obscure esoteric references

This is why white people hate us

lmao

Trey

Does Papa Was A Rollin' Stone have the longest intro featured in a classic song ever? I never know when the lyrics are supposed to start.

Sou Da

I don't want those kinds of problems.

What problems? Just go for it man.
5I5s8.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
smh

Nothing ever lives up to the hype, but hating Mad Max? Might be time to draft a pre-nup.

Sou Da

If I was going to go out, I would also talk about MGS story being gibberish at worst, the ramblings of a 14 angst nerd at best.

I wouldn't go that far but it really is criminally overrated. Like, The Boss is a nothing character to me. She has a good design but all of her dialogue is nonsense and exposition.

Village

If I was going to go out, I would also talk about MGS story being gibberish at worst, the ramblings of a 14 angst nerd at best.

Nah

MGS story is the best, because its super dumb and knows its super dumb. There is a point in there more often than not. But nah, its super dumb and thats why its the best. Which is why the whole audio recording of sexual assult in Ground Zeroes threw me for a loop. Along with kojima's weird sexual politics.

Samara

Went to an African festival or whatever, and they had those food I never tasted and yet I stick to the haitian food. God was it gooood. Riz colle avek with legumes done right will make you roll your eyes in the back of your head.

img.php

image.jpg

Nope. I always go the haitian store and buy me a plate. Aint no way Im gonna be a slave to an oven for 5 hours

Went to an African festival or whatever, and they had those food I never tasted and yet I stick to the haitian food. God was it gooood. Riz colle avek with legumes done right will make you roll your eyes in the back of your head.

img.php

image.jpg

Nope. I always go the haitian store and buy me a plate. Aint no way Im gonna be a slave to an oven for 5 hours
Don't forget the banan peze

So simple yet so good

I can tell you how I feel about you nite and day
How I feel about you, no, no, no
I can tell you how I feel about you nite and day
How I feel about you

lT5sCOx.gif
1dYrMK5.gif

Late 80s/Early 90s R&B dudes were so corny, but back then you could NOT tell my older cousins that this nigga wasn't hot. lol

Dude had that weird eyebrow thing going on but he had a nice voice.
untitled-6iwkzc.gif

I just downloaded In Effect Mode off Apple Music. Dude really couldn't sing for shit, but the studio made him sound alright. Why you think when he performed "Secret Garden" live he was the only person lip syncing while El Debarge, James Ingram, and Barry White all sung live. (Though it was supposed to be Michael Jackson on the track, but I think he and Quincy weren't talking so he went with Al instead )

img.php

image.jpg

Nope. I always go the haitian store and buy me a plate.

Haitian food over everything, people hate me at Haitian parties due to all the griot I be crushing.

im honestly not 100% Hillary will be the next president. Her campaign is just so...not fake just uninspiring?

wouldnt be surprised if Bush or Rubio won the white house

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah the setup for the sequels is what kept me away. Maybe I'll check it out in Netflix or something but I hate contrived twist endings that exist just to make more money.

Crocodile

Real talk, aside from white-washing that girl, that Red Ash anime kickstarter has done NOTHING wrong. People are literally hating for no reason (given that maybe 5 people total aside from me seem to care about the white washing) except "herp derp Inafune" even though he isn't running that project.

harSon

Banned
Real talk, aside from white-washing that girl, that Red Ash anime kickstarter has done NOTHING wrong. People are literally hating for no reason (given that maybe 5 people total aside from me seem to care about the white washing) except "herp derp Inafune" even though he isn't running that project.

damn I didn't even notice the palate swap lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom