• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

To me a 7 is good. No matter what a 7 is the base level for being good. Many above average games would get a 7 from me. A lot of gamers do care too much on reviews. A game gets a 7.5 and people go crazy. Aint normal
Don't you know 7 and below means it's absolute garbage?
8 is barely playable. You need that 9s and 10s only.

I kinda want to make a thread about Amy Schumer's photo by Annie Leibovitz, but I really don't wanna read the inevitable gross comments.

Then again, could be a honeypot.

In any case, I think we should replace Dunham with Schumer as "the face of feminism"

"The face of white feminism", you mean.

Xenoblade X is all right. Main gripes I have with it are

-no healing items. All healing is done with skills (pure healing skills are rare) or as an added effect of timed buttons
-Map can be overwhelming at times, with high-level, active monsters sometimes directly between you and a simple goal
-I still don't have my doll

Still worries me.
That time requirement is too much.
I wonder if there is a path that you get it as fast as possible that people found out

I've mainly been sidetracked by other games and quests lol. I've had the game since April but just got back into it and finished Chapter 5 and I think the Doll is coming soon. Just had a big plot point

Numb

I've mainly been sidetracked by other games and quests lol. I've had the game since April but just got back into it and finished Chapter 5 and I think the Doll is coming soon. Just had a big plot point

Side quests stealing actual game time.
Those robots look amazing.

Side quests stealing actual game time.
Those robots look amazing.

I was doing a quest that gets you a new party character where you have to fight a miniboss and it was going smooth for a while, and then I got one-shotted for 8000 hp. Realized there was a level 56 monster floating above that got hit by an AOE attack-_-

Numb

I was doing a quest that gets you a new party character where you have to fight a miniboss and it was going smooth for a while, and then I got one-shotted for 8000 hp. Realized there was a level 56 monster floating above that got hit by an AOE attack-_-

lol
Gotta watch your surroundings.
These data packs really took all the space on my tiny Wii U. Glad i didn't have to delete the Mario Kart stuff tho

A small improvement if any, but at least Amy didn't abuse her sister growing up.

TRUTH. I'm still bewildered that people gave Dunham a pass after she put all that stuff in her book. It's not like it's a "she said, she said" scenario. Lena Dunham said it all her own damn self.

As my sister often says, "When people show you who they are...believe them."

Numb

I wonder where that came from, it seems so recent that it became all "An 8.5?!?!This game ain't worth it!"

It's all those 7s.
Made it seem like it was the bare minimum and people getting repulsed at anything lower.
Also made the 8s less of a value for some reason.

LionPride

Banned
It's all those 7s.
Made it seem like it was the bare minimum and people getting repulsed at anything lower.
Also made the 8s less of a value for some reason.

If I showed some stranger some of the review threads from here they would probably think that if a game got a 6.5 or 7 then it's bad or if it got an 8 it's meh at best. Hell, some of my favorite games are games I'd give 7s or 7.5s

D i Z

During my first months here on Gaf I remember getting into it with a couple of people about the presence (or as they claimed, none existence) of hate groups here in the states. It would have been nice to have a map of known current chapters for those groups handy back then.

I wonder where that came from, it seems so recent that it became all "An 8.5?!?!This game ain't worth it!"

I put that one mostly on the review outlets that can't get their own heads around using their entire rating scale.
As much as they like to say that there is no direct correlation between the score and the standard western rating system used in education (usually when they come under fire for the very same ridiculous scores that they give), the absolute refusal to define and use 1-6 on the scale speaks otherwise. People may have it wrong in considering the scale as 7-10 for respectability and value, but they do have it right in that it is the measurement that is actually being used.

Numb

If I showed some stranger some of the review threads from here they would probably think that if a game got a 6.5 or 7 then it's bad or if it got an 8 it's meh at best. Hell, some of my favorite games are games I'd give 7s or 7.5s

Don't show them lol
10 scale used in weird ways.

Kreed

without clicking, will it tell me to stay the fuck out the dakotas, and idaho?

Nope, since all the hate groups are in places people actually want to live. Idaho has 5 hate groups, The Dakotas each have 2. This is in comparison to California which has 57.

Shy

I heard to correct thier lack of diversity in the new Egypt movie theg will add in Jar Jar Binks in post
LOL.
N8X1zAX.gif

Thanks for hanging out with us, Slayven. Let's make it a thing!
Damm, the one day i don't hang, Slay is on. :(

Sorry about not coming on tonight Gordon.

LionPride

Banned
This show Superstore is kinda meh, but it has a black guy in a wheelchair who gives no fucks, Ugly Betty, and has weird dude from Mad Men. Also a white guy who raps and wants to be black so bad, he has a fake hostage situation so he can propose, at the end of his rap he screams out #blacklivesmatter. I don't know what to feel

There's already a Ride Along 2?
That was quick

You know how they always show trailers for black movies in front of movies starring black people? Well at Creed, apparently they aint got many coming up, cuz two of them starred Ice Cube, and two of them starred Kevin Hart.

also yo I saw a few minutes of Supergirl...this show is trash b

Dereck

Ride Along was doo doo.

I'm wondering how many movies can Kevin Hart make bank on playing the apprehensive, obnoxious and loud funny black man character?

Chris Tucker, where you at?

LionPride

Banned
You know how they always show trailers for black movies in front of movies starring black people? Well at Creed, apparently they aint got many coming up, cuz two of them starred Ice Cube, and two of them starred Kevin Hart.

Supergirl ain't that bad, some of the acting is iffy and the cgi is meh but it has something about it that I like. It's a superhero show not afraid to be a superhero show

Numb

Kevin Hart money is no joke

Kevin Hart has to eat.

Apparently.

I'm not surprised.
They move fast with these things.

Can't even get black people in movies set in Africa.

Looking forward to see how this Supergirl show turns out.
Solely cos of liking Smallville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom