• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

You are right I'll never meet anyone. What's sad is that I wrote two poems and a letter to him in my journal and a suicide confession that I have saved as a a word document on my phone so I can easily copy and paste and email it to him when I die. But I know he won't care he'll have a wife and kid and I won't even be a memory.
You really need to go to a therapist.

Numb

Must have been banned cos it was Sprite.
You are right I'll never meet anyone. What's sad is that I wrote two poems and a letter to him in my journal and a suicide confession that I have saved as a a word document on my phone so I can easily copy and paste and email it to him when I die. But I know he won't care he'll have a wife and kid and I won't even be a memory.
That is a very dark and extreme way of thinking man. Hope you get the help you need and take it slow.

akira28

You are right I'll never meet anyone. What's sad is that I wrote two poems and a letter to him in my journal and a suicide confession that I have saved as a a word document on my phone so I can easily copy and paste and email it to him when I die.

what kind of poetry do you do?

you're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for. But you're the one who needs to realize that or else everybody loses.

I'm really fucking pissed right now. I decided to work on an indie game with someone on here about three months ago. I almost heard nothing from the guy in charge of the game for about a month. Been sending him emails and instant messages and posted on the dev forum when he messaged me a week ago saying he was sorry and busy working on building a new town for the game which I found ridiculous. If you were working on the game then how come you couldn't communicate with the people you're working with? He said he would hit me up two days later. Nothing.

Sent him another instant message. Nothing. I'm feeling like I got jipped by writing all that material for the game. I wasn't foolish enough to continue writing more when I haven't heard from him. I'm debating if I should bother sending him another email, but I feel I should just drop it and continue trying to work on my own game.

RP912

Banned
Reminds me of the time where a dude randomly hit me up because he wanted me ghostwrite for an R and B singer. I'm not much of a song writer but I do write poetry. I gave him my best effort and dude never replied back.

I'm really fucking pissed right now. I decided to work on an indie game with someone on here about three months ago. I almost heard nothing from the guy in charge of the game for about a month. Been sending him emails and instant messages and posted on the dev forum when he messaged me a week ago saying he was sorry and busy working on building a new town for the game which I found ridiculous. If you were working on the game then how come you couldn't communicate with the people you're working with? He said he would hit me up two days later. Nothing.

Sent him another instant message. Nothing. I'm feeling like I got jipped by writing all that material for the game. I wasn't foolish enough to continue writing more when I haven't heard from him. I'm debating if I should bother sending him another email, but I feel I should just drop it and continue trying to work on my own game.

Fuck him. I'm a lil' vengeful so I'd name drop him son.. in the indie game-making thread. find a project that suits you.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
You really need to go to a therapist.

Must have been banned cos it was Sprite.

That is a very dark and extreme way of thinking man. Hope you get the help you need and take it slow.

For real. Nothing any of us say can help like a professional can.

i do. just isnt working right now.

what kind of poetry do you do?

you're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for. But you're the one who needs to realize that or else everybody loses.

my poetry is weird. there are all in stanzas like in one poem i wrote about a song i want to sing to him but i have neither the words, the voice, the talent, just the heart. its weird i am even ashamed of telling anyone about it.

neojubei

Send him one last email and if he doesn't respond, work on your own game.

Seems like he's wasting your time Blasian. I doubt he is not seeing the messages either. Just move on and do your own thing.

Depends how long you were doing it. Results can take time.

2 years. i dont think he is even helping actually i dont think therapy can even help me. therapy cannot change society. The world wont change going into an therapist office and leaving it.

Numb

2 years. i dont think he is even helping actually i dont think therapy can even help me. therapy cannot change society. The world wont change going into an therapist office and leaving it.

Supposed to do more than going and leaving on your part. Maybe a different one will be more useful.

cdyhybrid

Send him one last make-or-break message and if he doesn't respond, or respond in a satisfactory manner, dump that shit.

Numb

in my experience they are all the same.

Don't know how to help you man. You seem to be in a rather unique and difficult position so don't let it get to you.
All this negativity and self hate ain't helping no one and it seems to be escalating more and more.

neojubei

for real tho stop it fam

Neojubei's constant self hate is so frustrating JC had to post in the BCT for the first time in months.

Should I even ask what you said before the edit?

didnt even know it was directed at me... :(

Don't know how to help you man. You seem to be in a rather unique and difficult position so don't let it get to you.
All this negativity and self hate ain't helping no one and it seems to be escalating more and more.

Maybe therapy isnt for me, though i suppose it can help other people.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Yo saw Straight Outta Compton....yo the entire theater was in tears at one point...my god

I saw it last night. The theater I was in was snickering when
Eric
(should I really have to spoiler known history ?) was on his death bed. That was messed up. I was a pretty big fan of NWA around 2006 so I felt like I had watched the movie before.

Kreed

didnt even know it was directed at me... :(

You have been crying for help for months in this thread and we have been trying to help you (some of us very angrily) but you don't listen and come back and do the same thing weeks later. If you need direction on how to get help, ask, but start listening to us when we tell you what to do or people will stop paying your cries attention.

Numb

Better than not being in one if in such a situation.

Kreed right tho.I'm new but all i know you for is being this way as mentioned before. Change comes slow and with alot of effort.
People need to see you improve or it will seem like they are wasting their time trying to help you if you are the same as months ago still.

I saw it last night. The theater I was in was snickering when
Eric
(should I really have to spoiler known history ?) was on his death bed. That was messed up. I was a pretty big fan of NWA around 2006 so I felt like I had watched the movie before.

No you shouldn't but were laughing probably because of how he acted. I wasn't mad though because it did look kinda funny but I was too busying holding back tears to care.

Numb

TjXhAHL.gif

Better that than this.
Poor little girl.

Trey

neojubei, we care about you. Just about every regular in this thread in some form or fashion has responded to your posts at some point or another. We can be a support system. But you have to want it for yourself, or else your self pity will be for nothing. We can listen to your plight, but you have to do for yourself man. Keep getting help, take it one step at a time. There's always a tomorrow.

akira28

i do. just isnt working right now.

my poetry is weird. there are all in stanzas like in one poem i wrote about a song i want to sing to him but i have neither the words, the voice, the talent, just the heart. its weird i am even ashamed of telling anyone about it.

shouldn't be ashamed to share your art. It sounds seriously interesting. You have a passion about the way you express your words. I can get a hint at the power just by the way you describe it.
you could post in here if you wanted to, you know.

its not pearls before swine in here

edit: getting a good therapist on the first, 2nd, or 3rd go is luck. You really have to find the person who's personality and philosophy about helping people fits with yours. I heard so many stories about bad therapists, it's like, how do these people even end up in the profession? But then I hear the good stories, about people who finally found someone who was able to help them, and how they themselves felt the effect. My best friend for example. So, it may not be working now, but that just means you probably need to do something different. No, not give up. Just something different.

Merc_

So now the Sanders supporters are trying to silence deray using a 2 year old tweet about Chelsea Manning. God, they just become more pathetic by the day.

akira28

So now the Sanders supporters are trying to silence deray using a 2 year old tweet about Chelsea Manning. God, they just become more pathetic by the day.

well his supporters don't do him any favors. His super vocal and active ones anyway. Someone might need to control all that angsty excitement and focus it towards something good, instead of letting it run crazy on the internets and fuck up potential supporters.

well his supporters don't do him any favors. His super vocal and active ones anyway. Someone might need to control all that angsty excitement and focus it towards something good, instead of letting it run crazy on the internets and fuck up potential supporters.

his supporters are actually Trump supporters following orders given by him from Hil-Hil
Watch Trump get the construction contract after they burn down South Side Chicago to rebuild it like New Orleans

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I hate that the political ads, stories, and "news" will only increase from this point on. We will have all this shit rammed down our throats for the next 15 months.

Joy.

akira28

lol are those actual trump buildings? He has a reputation for gaudy ostentatious presentation over class.

I hate that the political ads, stories, and "news" will only increase from this point on. We will have all this shit rammed down our throats for the next 15 months.

Joy.

do what I do. drown it out. no commercials media, filtering my news media, etc. They almost want to force/bully you, I say fuck that. No tv commercial has ever affected my vote, but they have affected my conversation. Now at this point the conversation is barely worth having. the GOP sideshow will do whatever, and the Democrats will fight it out until they figure it out. The circus won't be interesting at all. But getting access to the candidates and getting them to move, that's worth something at least.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
do what I do. drown it out. no commercials media, filtering my news media, etc. They almost want to force/bully you, I say fuck that. No tv commercial has ever affected my vote, but they have affected my conversation. Now at this point the conversation is barely worth having. the GOP sideshow will do whatever, and the Democrats will fight it out until they figure it out. The circus won't be interesting at all. But getting access to the candidates and getting them to move, that's worth something at least.
I hear you. Plan on doing just that. It just sucks that all the hot air and BS masquerades as political discourse and people think they are being informed and involved by buying into he said she said and attack ads and talking about those things when really it's all just a game.

I feel like the real information is often found by simply by checking candidate voting records and making your choice based on the one whose record lines up most with your views. But that's too simple and boring so we gotta make a damn circus out of it.

neojubei

You have been crying for help for months in this thread and we have been trying to help you (some of us very angrily) but you don't listen and come back and do the same thing weeks later. If you need direction on how to get help, ask, but start listening to us when we tell you what to do or people will stop paying your cries attention.

Better than not being in one if in such a situation.

Kreed right tho.I'm new but all i know you for is being this way as mentioned before. Change comes slow and with alot of effort.
People need to see you improve or it will seem like they are wasting their time trying to help you if you are the same as months ago still.

People don't go to therapy for the world. People go for themselves.

neojubei, we care about you. Just about every regular in this thread in some form or fashion has responded to your posts at some point or another. We can be a support system. But you have to want it for yourself, or else your self pity will be for nothing. We can listen to your plight, but you have to do for yourself man. Keep getting help, take it one step at a time. There's always a tomorrow.

shouldn't be ashamed to share your art. It sounds seriously interesting. You have a passion about the way you express your words. I can get a hint at the power just by the way you describe it.
you could post in here if you wanted to, you know.

its not pearls before swine in here

edit: getting a good therapist on the first, 2nd, or 3rd go is luck. You really have to find the person who's personality and philosophy about helping people fits with yours. I heard so many stories about bad therapists, it's like, how do these people even end up in the profession? But then I hear the good stories, about people who finally found someone who was able to help them, and how they themselves felt the effect. My best friend for example. So, it may not be working now, but that just means you probably need to do something different. No, not give up. Just something different.
Thanks for the advice.

Donald Trump is the Guy Fieri of real estate. He's the definition of tacky.

04861.gif

Thanks for the advice.

I'd also like to add that my first therapist (and my first psychiatrist, for that matter) weren't the greatest fit for me. And, of course, it should go without saying that counseling isn't really about changing the world around you - it's about changing the world you see for yourself. The endgame of self-improvement, ultimately, is more self-awareness, and you can only completely ever find contentment from within. Therapy's meant to offer an outsider's perspective on things like that, but ultimately they're really just serving as a mirror for you without the judgment; if you aren't happy with what you see and keep telling yourself you'll never be, yeah, you probably won't be. If you give yourself a chance, keep searching around and making strides towards self-improvement though, you'll be able to turn things around little by little.

I know the dating game and sites being awful about all of that "i'm not racist but no black guys" bullshit can get to you, but you really shouldn't be with people that think that way in the first place. I mean, they're basically telling you up front that they're total assholes, so if anything they're doing you a favor. I met my current boyfriend via online dating and we'll be hitting 18 months come September. It's totally possible to have a fulfilling relationship - I'm probably more balanced out than I've ever been - but you can't depend on some mythical prince charming that'll just come around and solve all of your problems, trust me. Relationships are meant to supplement your sense of self-worth, not define it. You just have to be a little more open to change, a little less susceptible to assholes and you really have to want to improve on your own accord, because that's what it's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom