• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the negro-bump but can someone explain this? I work at a restaurant and yesterday I saw three different black women come in wearing and using their headsets. I see it ALL the time and I'm relatively certain I'm not noticing this selectively.

GAF finds out black people wear Bluetooth headsets

"Negro bump"

BCT help me understand

cdyhybrid

Woke my ass up early as hell today because I couldn't sleep and wanted to get some shit done before work started getting on my ass.

Went to McD's for some breakfast and I can't even sit down with my coffee before the fuckery has already started.

Crocodile

I forget everybody in the picture (even though they are all famous LOL forgive me) but does anyone have that image with the Black guy who puts his arm up in confusion with two guys on his shirt doing the same thing and Jackie Chan on his hat with his mind blown face?

EDIT: If memory serves me right I think Drake and 50 Cent were on the shirt

RP912

Banned
Woke up to some coffee and got greeted to some fuckery.

tumblr_mmahveLlAc1r61k2uo1_1280.gif

Didn't know bluetooth headsets were an exclusive thing to black folks now :/

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

"Negro bump"

BCT help me understand
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

I'm helping my mom on her first day of class and there's a white girl in here named Kitana

Which one of you did this

Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about Imm0rt4l

RedSwirl

I hear you. Plan on doing just that. It just sucks that all the hot air and BS masquerades as political discourse and people think they are being informed and involved by buying into he said she said and attack ads and talking about those things when really it's all just a game.

I feel like the real information is often found by simply by checking candidate voting records and making your choice based on the one whose record lines up most with your views. But that's too simple and boring so we gotta make a damn circus out of it.

I think OnTheIssues.org is the site I was looking for.

Sou Da

They had a black actress on celebrity name game, the contestant woman who was supposed to be giving hints kept saying "famous boxer" and she lost. Then they revealed the name was Nelson Mandela.

That actress was fucking heated.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am lowkey expecting to see a, "Hey GAF, how do I make toast" thread soon. Remember when you got life skills from actually...living?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am lowkey expecting to see a, "Hey GAF, how do I make toast" thread soon. Remember when you got life skills from actually...living?

like I understand the temptation to ask stupid-ass questions on the internet

but that's the stuff you google when nobody's looking over your shoulder and go to those how-to sites for

akira28

adults aren't adults anymore. we're just children, most of us. bigger older children, some of us still playing make believe, the others confused at why the world is the way it is.

akira28

I pretty much play tag with my kids twice a week.

you should be teaching them to be men. even the girls. self sufficient men, making decisions and taking control of other men, doing men things. creating empires. mountains of bones. flaming piles of their enemies.

(no there are some men, but it seems like the protected default is a sexually active adolescent. even with a family, even with a job, you'll find that the older person can still be an old teenager, beaten down, self-sacrificial even. The American dream is surprisingly shallow when you think about it, and their system of education and culturalization doesn't really want you to be thinking much further beyond that. )

Numb

you should be teaching them to be men. even the girls. self sufficient men, making decisions and taking control of other men, doing men things. creating empires. mountains of bones. flaming piles of their enemies.

Leave them in the jungle with a spoon and half a bar of chocolate for a month.

but you won't take control of your homie's man things

akira28

but you won't take control of your homie's man things

If your homies things can be handled by a man he's not worthy of being your homie. he's weak, not a real man. only real men can be my homie, homie.

Leave them in the jungle with a spoon and half a bar of chocolate for a month.

I like this idea, but replace the chocolate with yogurt, and make it a few hours, and not a month. I'm not made of money. yet.

Furyous

"Negro bump"

BCT help me understand

The restaurant was black.
The people were black.
They bumped into him while he was posting. WHAT DAT MEAN?

Nah, seriously I wish that person the best as they go back to stormfront and get props from their friends.

He was clearly talking about [adult swim]'s Spanish broadcasts, come on guys

Privilege is awesome from what I imagine.

Shy

Evening boys and girls, quick gaf etiquette question for you.

But first a little context.
We in the mgs community wanted to have a thread for the FOB portion of MGSV (an asymmetrical invasion gamplay mechanic, in the vein of darksouls) when the game comes out, because we've set-up a clan to defend each other from invasion, as well invading a little too. And it would make it easier to organise things.
So, someone from the community sent a pm to a mod, but unfortunately the mod said no, because there will be too many MGSV threads (which i completely understand)
but here's the thing, i think it could be combined with a MGO (the competitive multiplayer portion of the game) to reduce space as well as moved to the community section after a week.

So, my question is this, do i pm the mod, and politely make my case, ask a different mod (probably not) or just accept no thread for us. :(

Sorry if i'm bothering you with what is probably an obvious answer, but i wanted to get your guys take on it, because i trust and respect y'all opinions.
The fuckery has only just begun.

FSoV9na.jpg
xsVXa2r.png

Trey

I think an inclusive MGS multiplayer thread that dealt with gamertags, FOB organization, MGO etc would do the trick.

akira28

Evening boys and girls, quick gaf etiquette question for you.

But first a little context.
We in the mgs community wanted to have a thread for the FOB portion of MGSV (an asymmetrical invasion gamplay mechanic, in the vein of darksouls) when the game comes out, because we've set-up a clan to defend each other from invasion, as well invading a little too. And it would make it easier to organise things.
So, someone from the community sent a pm to a mod, but unfortunately the mod said no, because there will be too many MGSV threads (which i completely understand)
but here's the thing, i think it could be combined with a MGO (the competitive multiplayer portion of the game) to reduce space as well as moved to the community section after a week.

So, my question is this, do i pm the mod, and politely make my case, ask a different mod (probably not) or just accept no thread for us. :(

Sorry if i'm bothering you with what is probably an obvious answer, but i wanted to get your guys take on it, because i trust and respect y'all opinions.

xsVXa2r.png

I'd go with a different mod, depending on who you picked first...the mods are not a monolith, and one on a bad swing might be outdone by another in a much better mood.

Shy

I think an inclusive MGS multiplayer thread that dealt with gamertags, FOB organization, MGO etc would do the trick.
My thoughts too, but how do you make the case after being told no, without looking like it's whining.
I'd go with a different mod, depending on who you picked first...the mods are not a monolith, and one on a bad swing might be outdone by another in a much better mood.
Wouldn't it be seen as going behind that mod's back ? i thought when a mod makes a decision, that's it.

Trey

My thoughts too, but how do you make the case after being told no, without looking like it's whining.

Wouldn't it be seen as going behind that mod's back ? i thought when a mod makes a decision, that's it.

yeah no, don't do that. that "dad said no, ask mom" stuff is only going to end badly for you. at best you can make another mod aware of the situation or hope the first mod brings it to the staff, but I wouldn't try to pull any slick stuff.

It's not whining, it's reaching a compromise. Metal Gear has a decent community on GAF so it's not like they're gonna tell you to kick rocks, lol. And the mod's reasoning is understandable, so you come to a solution that works for all parties.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
im so sick of everything. had a huge fight with my mother and sister, sometimes i wish i died when i was in high school. I think i am coming to terms with the fact i am the bad guy of my story. if i last until the end of the week it will be a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom