• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real man don't drink water delivered through pipes build by another man. Filtered by another man's water treatment facility. As mandated by federal laws written by another man.

Fuck that, only drink off your own water supply system.

you'd work the pipe built by The Man
0.jpg

but you won't work yo homie's pipe?

akira28

It's impressive how much the Bernie Sanders stuff really pissed them all off.

yyyyyyeup. my grandma was warning me. said all the hidden racism, Obama was going to bring it all out. Boy was she right. I mean god bless was she right.

I had such a crush on the Mowry twins. I hate a part of myself for that.

Nakazato

Thinking about going to a psychologist. Need to get myself sorted out. I can't keep going like this hopefully my insurance will cover it.

Life fell apart I'm more worried about other people than I am myself I don't know how I am and can't figure out where I went wrong. I have always be hella fucking happy and calm chill. And I have got to to point I hate being around myself.

Been listing to real by Kendrick and that's how I feel. And I'm fucking numb to everything.

Need an escape from me it feels.

Numb

This is what I'm talking about. Why would you bring that to GAF?
Hiding stuff from IRL people but not afraid to post it online infront of thousands that'll remember you forever as ''that guy''. Being on the net is too freeing. No subject is out of bounds.
Thinking about going to a psychologist. Need to get myself sorted out. I can't keep going like this hopefully my insurance will cover it.
Hope you come out of this feeling better.

Life fell apart I'm more worried about other people than I am myself I don't know how I am and can't figure out where I went wrong. I have always be hella fucking happy and calm chill. And I have got to to point I hate being around myself.

Been listing to real by Kendrick and that's how I feel. And I'm fucking numb to everything.

Nothing wrong with professional help. Go for it.

Shy

I really hope it works, and things get better for you Nakazato. <3

Numb

Your username reminds me of how I felt when I purchased my college textbooks for this upcoming semester.

Everything till after highschool is free(here) then you see how expensive shit is.
Books are good but sometimes i wish they would just go online for everything if possible.

Also if my username ain't reminding you of Linkin Park then i failed.
:)

Trey

Yeah Naka, it's definitely a good call to get things straightened out now before the Ravens put you through it again.

Be well, fam.

Bubba T

Everything till after highschool is free(here) then you see how expensive shit is.
Books are good but sometimes i wish they would just go online for everything if possible.

Also if my username ain't reminding you of Linkin Park then i failed.
:)

Linkin Park? Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttt

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone dealt with unrequired love before? I don't want to say much because the guy i like is on gaf. Today while packing i am thinking about him and when i do i find i hate myself even more. i see myself looking at my faults, weight, height, even skin color. Part of me is sick of feeling like everything is one-sided, I'm always the one who is into a guy but never have i met a guy who was into me. im just ranting because i just needed to type this out.

Anyone dealt with unrequired love before? I don't want to say much because the guy i like is on gaf. Today while packing i am thinking about him and when i do i find i hate myself even more. i see myself looking at my faults, weight, height, even skin color. Part of me is sick of feeling like everything is one-sided, I'm always the one who is into a guy but never have i met a guy who was into me. im just ranting because i just needed to type this out.

I know the feeling. Love unrequited can truly affect your view of yourself. You see that individual's inability to love you as you being unlovable. You blame yourself for everything and go on a downward spiral into depression. I would love to tell you that it gets easier with time, but it doesn't. You recover through effort and restored focus. You have to find the good in you and learn to enjoy that for yourself. Others can never validate you. Not even the person that seems to possess your soul.

None of these things are faults.

akira28

I bet most of the people on gaf have had experience with unrequited love. It seems part of having your love license. You have to crash a few times, and have feelings for someone who either doesn't care, isn't aware, or doesn't want those feelings for whatever reason. It's just part of being in a situation with another completely random person, full of their own secrets and desires and limitations.

I agree. You have to love yourself, be you, be excellent, until the point you glow. Focus on yourself and your goals and having fun, and people will notice that glow while you're navigating your world, living your life, attracting all the right energy and things by being true and doing you...then YOU get to decide who you take a chance on and try to court. It can be a beautiful thing, but you have to live your beautiful life and find your beautiful world. We deserve nothing less. I'm speaking to you as someone who has been there, has wandered out into the wilderness in pain and confusion, and who knows.

Africanus

Anyone dealt with unrequited love before? I don't want to say much because the guy i like is on gaf. Today while packing i am thinking about him and when i do i find i hate myself even more. i see myself looking at my faults, weight, height, even skin color. Part of me is sick of feeling like everything is one-sided, I'm always the one who is into a guy but never have i met a guy who was into me. im just ranting because i just needed to type this out.

I expect most, if not all people in life experience a form of unrequited romance.

A key factor to keep in remembrance is that the lack of love betwixt the two of you does not in any manner reflect badly upon yourself. It can be quite easy to begin contemplating "Well perhaps if I possessed X, or obtained Y, then he would adore me!". In reality, the person simply may not recognize a potential for a relationship with you at the time given a variety of reasons entirely outside of your control.

If you believe that everything is one-sided, perhaps you ought to try seeking a partner in a different location. Not necessarily outside of your region, but perhaps outside of your usual social parameters. I found that to be of help when I too was in a similar situation.

Most importantly, however, is to remain confident in yourself. Self-reliance is the best policy!
I believe in you!

hypernima

Banned

I accept it and move on, it's a leitmotif in my life by this time so I am used to it.
Dwelling on it does nothing and it took a while to realize it wasn't me as a person but that everyone I did like at one point was just really fucked up.

neojubei

I know the feeling. Love unrequited can truly affect your view of yourself. You see that individual's inability to love you as you being unlovable. You blame yourself for everything and go on a downward spiral into depression. I would love to tell you that it gets easier with time, but it doesn't. You recover through effort and restored focus. You have to find the good in you and learn to enjoy that for yourself. Others can never validate you. Not even the person that seems to possess your soul.

None of these things are faults.
Trust me I look very awful. Short and overweight. I don't have any
I bet most of the people on gaf have had experience with unrequited love. It seems part of having your love license. You have to crash a few times, and have feelings for someone who either doesn't care, isn't aware, or doesn't want those feelings for whatever reason. It's just part of being in a situation with another completely random person, full of their own secrets and desires and limitations.

I agree. You have to love yourself, be you, be excellent, until the point you glow. Focus on yourself and your goals and having fun, and people will notice that glow while you're navigating your world, living your life, attracting all the right energy and things by being true and doing you...then YOU get to decide who you take a chance on and try to court. It can be a beautiful thing, but you have to live your beautiful life and find your beautiful world. We deserve nothing less. I'm speaking to you as someone who has been there, has wandered out into the wilderness in pain and confusion, and who knows.

Given that I suppose I have no chance at all at meeting anyone

akira28

Trust me I look very awful. Short and overweight. I don't have any

Given that I suppose I have no chance at all at meeting anyone

you posted your pic. You don't look bad at all. I'm speaking as a heterosexual guy who has something of a cultured eye. If you're into bois or twinks or white preppies, you might have a battle. Especially if they're alpha dogs or frat types with all those identity and image complications and confusions. But I'm sure there are juniors in need of a senior, someone looking for something different, someone mature with some direction who knows what life is about. Someone looking for someone nice even, but you have to put yourself out there. I mean I'm literally just shooting my observations out of a blunderbuss here, but there are so many roles in the world, and if you're not willing to play one, or search for something. If you're just waiting for dew covered cherries to fall into your mouth, then yes, you are probably right about not meeting anyone.

neojubei

you posted your pic. You don't look bad at all. I'm speaking as a heterosexual guy who has something of a cultured eye. If you're into bois or twinks or white preppies, you might have a battle. Especially if they're alpha dogs or frat types with all those identity and image complications and confusions. But I'm sure there are juniors in need of a senior, someone looking for something different, someone mature with some direction who knows what life is about. Someone looking for someone nice even, but you have to put yourself out there. I mean I'm literally just shooting my observations out of a blunderbuss here, but there are so many roles in the world, and if you're not willing to play one, or search for something. If you're just waiting for dew covered cherries to fall into your mouth, then yes, you are probably right about not meeting anyone.

You are right I'll never meet anyone. What's sad is that I wrote two poems and a letter to him in my journal and a suicide confession that I have saved as a a word document on my phone so I can easily copy and paste and email it to him when I die. But I know he won't care he'll have a wife and kid and I won't even be a memory.

hypernima

Banned
You are right I'll never meet anyone. What's sad is that I wrote two poems and a letter to him in my journal and a suicide confession that I have saved as a a word document on my phone so I can easily copy and paste and email it to him when I die. But I know he won't care he'll have a wife and kid and I won't even be a memory.

You are actualizing this through the context you already set up for yourself, he didn't really say you wouldn't meet anyone.

jubei, we are always concerned for you. And I'm sure there's many you know out there who are thinking about you too. So do not consider using that confession. You gotta get help man.

Shy

Please don't do anything you can't take back. I beg you call someone that can help you.

RP912

Banned
I dealt with unrequited love once and that was in middle school. The fact that the girl knew I wanted to be with her, but rather use me for everything including money made me realize that you got to know your full worth. No woman or man is worth the tears and humiliation. Hell I thought I would never find the "one" until I finally talked to my long time friend and we ended up getting married. 6 years and counting. You can't keep letting your self doubt and pity become a security blanket on your existence.

Know who you are and want you want. Confidence is the key if it's just a little...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom