• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Well, here we go...

weetim.gif

there's like 10 cuts just for the jump lmao. it even worse than i remember.

royalan

Dating-age is the saddest thread I've ever read.

I gotta remind myself to never go on there again.

Like, I'm honestly depressed now.

Crocodile

Dating-age is the saddest thread I've ever read.

I gotta remind myself to never go on there again.

Like, I'm honestly depressed now.

Sad because people are having a hard time finding companionship or relationships are going South (i.e. the harsh learning experience that is life) or sad because people are being stupid, socially ignorant or creepy?

It's easy for me to fall into the trap of assuming that a voice actor or actress is most likely white, even though I try not to. That seemed to be the trend, at least, since I only know of a handful of prominent black VAs. So I was surprised when I looked up the voice actress for the best character in Bloodborne.

People will buy what they want to buy, and game development is a business engineered to profit off of market trends. The problem isn't necessarily that most people have terrible taste and think they want the same thing over and over instead of trying something new or different.

It's that most of the vocal minority that are smart enough to see this pattern and complain about it

STILL BUY THE SAME GAMES FROM THE SAME DEVELOPERS over and over again.

Literally the only power consumers are guaranteed (most business give no fucks about entitlement, representation, ethics etc) over changing anything in the industry is by not buying a product they don't believe in.

But anyone who knows NeoGAF knows the same people complaining will turn around and "day 1", pre-order, buy dlc and collectors editions time and time again.

My answer to that, from the thread.

Just got a credit card, didn't even want one, but apparently I need to start building credit.

Bouta keep it locked up tight tho.

Buy the stuff you'd already buy on Debit, keep track on it, pay it back every other month.

royalan

That female comedian thread in OT got me looking at old youtube clips of my favorite female comedians...what ever happened to Adele Givens? She was funny as fuck.

Numb

Then it's the perfect place. They might not know why you are fighting them since they just said a color they've known since elementary.
As if.

Numb

Then reeducation is in order..��

lol..why do you keep making me that damn dwarf!?

Don't they take pride in how much they don't change? How you gonna make such people adapt.

By now you look like that to me with how much Slay used it to describe you except much taller.

RedSwirl

[NSFW] Someone in another forum I frequent finally made the comparison between the kinds of games talked about in that thread, and gangsta rap. Both are genres of media with fanbases that also contain problematic aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom