• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Didn't someone make a thread recently calling her Ray J's sister?

5k8L9OG.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
To-go plates are banned at family gatherings unless they are put together by / have permission from the person who made the dish.

We had to make this rule because shit was getting abused.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Will someone do me a favor and post this video for me? I don't want to start a giant race thread and not be able to participate in it (I'm about to write a research paper), but I think that this is a video that will make people actually discuss points in social commentary that we as a race face everyday. FYI girlfriend brought it up because a young woman posted it on facebook complaining about how this video in question posted by buzzfeed (yes buzzfeed actually created some worthwhile content for once) was racist. She went on further to express how "if white people had made this video they would be seen as racist". anyways, I'll let the video speak for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVMJmC0V98

fake edit: On second thought I'll post it.

edit 2: should I use their title?

edit 3: too late

edit: 4 fucked up the link, see I'm distracted.

Onemic

Will someone do me a favor and post this video for me? I don't want to start a giant race thread and not be able to participate in it (I'm about to write a research paper), but I think that this is a video that will make people actually discuss points in social commentary that we as a race face everyday. FYI girlfriend brought it up because a young woman posted it on facebook complaining about how this video in question posted by buzzfeed (yes buzzfeed actually created some worthwhile content for once) was racist. She went on further to express how "if white people had made this video they would be seen as racist". anyways, I'll let the video speak for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVMJmC0V98

fake edit: On second thought I'll post it.

edit 2: should I use their title?

edit 3: too late

edit: 4 fucked up the link, see I'm distracted.

Nope

Onemic

One can dream ;__;

Anything as blunt as that video is will not go over well with white people. You'll have people saying "well I dont think like this" toward one point and because of that they think the entire video is a bunch of bullshit....Which is exactly what is happening in that thread. Same thing happened with that Dear White People movie. I feel vids like that are more geared towards black people or white people that are already aware of their privilege and systemic racism, which is sorta redundant.

Pretty much I think the only way to have a a proper race discussion is that you gotta put the kid gloves on. People are so afraid of potentially being labelled a racist so they'll literally do anything to distance themselves as far away from the situation as possible. even if it means dismissing a bunch of very good points that most black people do face on a regular basis.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Anything as blunt as that video is will not go over well with white people. You'll have people saying "well I dont think like this" toward one point and because of that they think the entire video is a bunch of bullshit....Which is exactly what is happening in that thread. Same thing happened with that Dear White People movie. I feel vids like that are more geared towards black people or white people that are already aware of their privilege and systemic racism, which is sorta redundant.

Pretty much I think the only way to have a a proper race discussion is that you gotta put the kid gloves on. People are so afraid of potentially being labelled a racist so they'll literally do anything to distance themselves as far away from the situation as possible. even if it means dismissing a bunch of very good points that most black people do face on a regular basis.
I can't wait for the day we're handled like a delicate flower.

That yellow one, tho..
I legit hope that was a mistake and he's just naive to the implications behind what he said.

harSon

Banned
Just watched Fear the Walking Dead...

Did they seriously just kill all but one of the black people in the show Lol. Dude getting eaten on in the first scene. Dude's drug dealer friend. And home girl's boyfriend, although that hasn't been confirmed.

Shy

Just watched Fear the Walking Dead...

Did they seriously just kill all but one of the black people in the show Lol. Dude getting eaten on in the first scene. Dude's drug dealer friend. And home girl's boyfriend, although that hasn't been confirmed.
Even though i haven't seen it yet, i clicked on the spoiler. I wasn't surprised. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom