• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

19llfMu.jpg

Numb

Damon Wayans Jr got buff. I need to get ripped like that. Never gonna happen.

Never understood face and neck tattoos. Saw a dude today with them drinking before lunch in public.First time seeing this.
Not judging people with them but can't see any good coming from them.

People aware of their privilege and embracing it. The video was supposed to be funny but, if even funny questions cause us to go on the defensive...

I shouldn't be surprised but do people really not see why the BLM movement is upset about the lion?

They really don't see it. Trust, I've had to deal with it offline too.

On a side note, anyone into comp sci/IT around here? I'm thinking of switching from testing to dev, and really don't know how to do that (outside of overhyping the dev experience I have).

Samara

about the video:
-the dog kissing and questioning why a black person takes on a white role: my bf does it. Sleeps with the dog and all that. He tried it at my place and it was a big NO. Trust and believe that dog is staying on the floor.

-He asked why are black people taking white superhero roles (Captain America and Fantastic 4) . He even thinks blackface is ok if there's no black comedian to play a person of color or if its done without racism, and brings on that Eddie Murphy does whiteface...

-Hair: That I'm kinda ok with, somewhat. With black women they are most of the time looking with disdain or jealousy. I don't have to do twistout or whatever to get my hair a certain way. Can't help it ffs. I'll let white women touch it. Dudes...no.

about the video:
-the dog kissing and questioning why a black person takes on a white role: my bf does it. Sleeps with the dog and all that. He tried it at my place and it was a big NO. Trust and believe that dog is staying on the floor.

-He asked why are black people taking white superhero roles (Captain America and Fantastic 4) . He even thinks blackface is ok if there's no black comedian to play a person of color or if its done without racism, and brings on that Eddie Murphy does whiteface...

-Hair: That I'm kinda ok with, somewhat. With black women they are most of the time looking with disdain or jealousy. I don't have to do twistout or whatever to get my hair a certain way. Can't help it ffs. I'll let white women touch it. Dudes...no.
I hope you checked him on that 😕

Slayven

Recorded a New So Well Spoken, I think it is the best one yet. Just me, Moris, and Angelus talking about Jared, the presidential candidates, and random bullshit. Maybe more depending on what he cuts out.

Numb

Recorded a New So Well Spoken, I think it is the best one yet. Just me, Moris, and Angelus talking about Jared, the presidential candidates, and random bullshit. Maybe more depending on what he cuts out.

About time.
Looking forward to it.

Damon Wayans Jr got buff. I need to get ripped like that. Never gonna happen.

Never understood face and neck tattoos. Saw a dude today with them drinking before lunch in public.First time seeing this.
Not judging people with them but can't see any good coming from them.

someone once said to me anyone with neck and face tattos probably doesnt have a job that pays taxes

Con_Smith

Banned
Im trying to explain to my mans why Ben Carson is a non factor for president but he's popping his kufi over me not agreeing with him. Apparently being a black smart brain surgeon is enough to make you qualified?

Anyone got some good talking points or vids i can use to have him mellow out?

someone once said to me anyone with neck and face tattos probably doesnt have a job that pays taxes

no probably about it.

Ask him why he thinks a Republican party will vote for a black man? Let him talk his way out of that one.

https://youtu.be/wjkdynBFHuQ

Oh, the republican party would, but it would be such a narrow definition of "black man" that it wouldn't really disprove anything. Colin Powell had he chose to run in 2000 or so probably could have gotten away with it.

Cain and Carson are/were sideshow distractions though.

Slayven

BCT you are being watched, time to code switch, set dialect matrix to Office meeting type #23, set ethinic shielding to type 19.

Why is that making me laugh so hard

Samara

I hope you checked him on that ��

I don't know about the Captain America thing (being in the 40s) as a symbol of America given to a black man. I don't know what other exemple to tell him other than why even do it given that its a fucking comic. Opposed to the 21 movie portrayed by a white cast.

He's from a society that think this is ok in 2014

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/blackface-in-quebec-intent-vs-offence

deli2000

I can't imagine the disappointment for some people in OT when they open up this thread expecting hate speech and anti white rhetoric, but instead just find people talking anime and fried chicken preferences.

Slayven

I don't know about the Captain America thing (being in the 40s) as a symbol of America given to a black man. I don't know what other exemple to tell him other than why even do it given that its a fucking comic. Opposed to the 21 movie portrayed by a white cast.

The captain america thing is a non issue. Costumes get passed around all the time for all kinds of issues- sometimes the comic isn't selling, sometimes the creative team wants to explore new storylines.

Regardless this isn't the first time someone else got to be captain america- Rogers gave up the role to at least 2 other white guys first- one of whom was a known killer working for the soviet union for decades. That a black guy who was a long running supporting character got a shot at it eventually shouldn't upset anyone but racists.

Slayven

The captain america thing is a non issue. Costumes get passed around all the time for all kinds of issues- sometimes the comic isn't selling, sometimes the creative team wants to explore new storylines.

Regardless this isn't the first time someone else got to be captain america- Rogers gave up the role to at least 2 other white guys first- one of whom was a known killer working for the soviet union for decades. That a black guy who was a long running supporting character got a shot at it eventually shouldn't upset anyone but racists.

there was 5 other dudes

2534810-img_0012.jpg

there was 5 other dudes

2534810-img_0012.jpg

I only counted the times that rogers personally gave it up/had it taken and it went to someone else to headline the book. That's Walker and Barnes, IIRC.

The other ones are just too weird to get into, especially white supremacist captain america.

Numb

He's from a society that think this is ok in 2014

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/blackface-in-quebec-intent-vs-offence
Black people can't skate so hockey is safe from their fast twitch muscle fibre natural advantage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't imagine the disappointment for some people in OT when they open up this thread expecting hate speech and anti white rhetoric, but instead just find people talking anime and fried chicken preferences.

I've been disappointed more times than I can count. Gee-whillickers.

Kreed

You guys know we can all see the black culture community thread. Right? That it's not some hidden thread where you can go and talk shit about people without anyone knowing or seeing? Do you actually want to participate in this thread in earnest or do you just want to land a few zingers so you can run back to that thread to pat yourselves on the back?

This thread is a disaster, but not for the reasons you think.

And for you and any other lurkers with opinions like this, you're welcome to participate in this thread too to discuss issues in this thread and in OT topics, and not just when you want to take a pot shot.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Speaking of anime, what's some good shit to watch if I loved Black Lagoon?

It shouldn't taken this long but I'm done wuth that bullshit ass thread. People still don't get the damn point and they want to be on some victim shit. When will I learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom