• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's a fake story, dudes.

Although it would make sense, we European computer engineers are a hot commodity and deserve to be paid premium!
/s

Dereck

wtOasp6.png

It's the most amazing leap since the fucking moon landing. Bigots gonna bigot..I mean, come on..

that's actually brilliant. shows just how much it really matters. zero fucks given. no reason to actually get out and protest in the streets. it's just another regular day, no reason to take time off work and risk being arrested because hey, those two may have died a horrible and unnecessary death but at the end of the day, you're still white.

Captain marvel is iggy an Redman is carnage

Captain_Marvel_Hip-Hop_Variant-560x560.jpg

Carnage_Hip-Hop_Variant-560x560.jpg
Digging the Redman one..
that's actually brilliant. shows just how much it really matters. zero fucks given. no reason to actually get out and protest in the streets. it's just another regular day, no reason to take time off work and risk being arrested because hey, those two may have died a horrible and unnecessary death but at the end of the day, you're still white.
Bingo..

It really shows an unhealthy level of apathy many white folks have. This meme is trying to make it seem normal.

It's not. It's like conditioned psychopathy.

Shy

People in the BCT know about that Tobal? I'm genuinely impressed.
I don't know how to take this comment.
Tobal and Bushido Blade 2 were among my first Playstation games.
I preferred Bushido blade 1, 2 had that weird neutral auto guard thing going on, i liked one's manual guard better.
DmgE2PM.png

(not an actual amazon cs person)
lH2TMWH.gif

Why is the black dude's name IQ, but he is superpower is to lift shit?

The asian kid is adopted but he knows karate? Did they mean to say asians know martial arts on the genetic level?
Did you just make a bionic six reference.? Damm i feel old.

Discussing race with white people suddenly makes sense after years of doing it. I mean as to why they don't get it. Because to them, it's a problem that can be solved through simple procedures or ignoring it and ''being the better person''. See, they don't understand the emotional, physical and mental toll that racism takes on the individual. Like that star wars thread for example, people are saying ''well just ignore it, it's a youtube comment'', but they don't get that a) someone sat there and put those words out thinking it's fine, and b) more importantly, if you're black, reading that comment once may be annoying, but reading it over and over on other sites, hearing it in public, being criticized by your manager for your natural hair, having inappropriate things said to you, feeling if that last moment was racially motivated, etc...always adds up.

Like the problem with this race discussion is that white people don't experience it the same way. We get it from everywhere, even from our own at times. It's not one thing that happens and we get angry or depressed, and instead of trying to understand that; whenever we talk about racism, the responses are always dismissive and snarky. And that's what I've learned, you can tell a white person all about racism, but they still won't get it. They'll say ''one time I got picked on by these black kids at my school too''. But then did you walk home and someone drive by and call you a nigger? Did you pass advertisements of beautiful white people? Did you get home and your parents remind you that you have to be better than your white peers, to get the same things? Did you go to play games and unwind, and people insulted you because you sound black? Did the girl you want to take to prom then text you and say her parents don't want you going with her? I swear to fucking God, talking about race with white people is a lesson in futility.

A lesson in futility indeed. My week has been alright, so I'm not going to let the fuckshit in that thread kill my vibe.

And I wish people would understand how mentally and emotionally straining it is to have to get proof, research, anecdotes, prepared statements and shit just to explain the bullshit I and others deal with on a daily basis, like we're the problem.

A lesson in futility indeed. My week has been alright, so I'm not going to let the fuckshit in that thread kill my vibe.

And I wish people would understand how mentally and emotionally straining it is to have to get proof, research, anecdotes, prepared statements and shit just to explain the bullshit I and others deal with on a daily basis, like we're the problem.

My week can't be ruined. TPP is on the horizon.

Grow a thick skin and deal with it. And get an education. And fix "your" communities. loool

Slayven

Dude was on some next level shit from jump

Damn...just damn

Every black person has to be Reed Richards and Matlock when talking about racism .

Onemic

I knew that thread was going to go to shit when I saw the title yesterday. lol

First it's GAF.

Second, this is a very new term and as such its definition and usage is far more fluid than others, making agreed upon situations of the term even harder to achieve vs other discussions we have had on discrimination(which was already hard enough). I will admit as I have in that thread, that I'm still weaving my way around what is legitimately cultural appropriation vs what isnt. It's something that's gonna take time.

I'm just so fucking pissed off. My entire life it's been "GEt better grades", "Have a better degree", "Be in perfect shape", bla bla bla. Everything I did was always compared to white people, but you know what, no matter how hard I've gone in my life; I've still always been "less than adequate" when a white person shows up. And I get what our parents mean by pushing us that way, but it's hollow. Because A) We shouldn't have to be fucking perfect to be left alone, and B) We end up alone by being so focused on being "perfect". It's a disaster. Because no matter what, being black is the problem.

First it's GAF.

Second, this is a very new term and as such its definition and usage is far more fluid than others, making agreed upon situations of the term even harder to achieve vs other discussions we have had on discrimination(which was already hard enough). I will admit as I have in that thread, that I'm still weaving my way around what is legitimately cultural appropriation vs what isnt. It's something that's gonna take time.

Yea, I don't have high standards for a board that gets super confused over the smallest dialects we use.

And yea, I understand its still new for something that happens commonly. Some examples are cut and dry CA, though.

Too much crazy went down this week but next week will be too busy playing MGSV mostly likely to notice anything else.

Ohh yeaaa. Can't wait.

PS4 BCT squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom