• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Crazy that Rufflo/Zuko is the next most successful one

tumblr_m4fk1ftWmf1qbidbp.jpg
Had such a crush on that dude back in the day. Even then guys wouldn't talk to me.

Oh? Care to elaborate?

I'm finally getting around to working on a project I've been trying to put together forever. Just gotta wait for my partner to finish up his thesis.

First one doesn't have a particular subject, it's more like a freestyle type thing similar to what Noveliss (J-Roc) does and the other one's a storytelling piece that reflects particular scene in Lindblum, but I think you wouldn't know since I don't directly reference any name from the game in that one.

akira28

And Austrians wonder why blacks in America might say white people are scary

well they just figured out they could claim racism too, so you know, baby steps.

*sees thing on tv/internet/news*
*suddenly remembers they're white*
"guys, I'm not sure, but technically, shouldn't I be outraged? As a non-American. I'm just asking. So I made a thread."

There is a good discussion in fan entitlement in there, if i wasn't so lazy

Is it a good discussion, though? Fans feel entitled, and believe they own the things they like.

They do not.

Sure, the fan economy bolsters that notion, but they did not make, and do not own shit.

My friends are about to come and scoop me up and while I appreciate the company, some of the stuff my white friend says irritates me.

Last time he came I told him about the time me and my cousins were followed around every store in a mall out of town and he asked if I looked intimidating. He also said Capcom was insensitive revealing Rashid on 9/11, and make an argument for racial profiling and said that you instinctively tense up when a black person walks up to you at night and I said "No if anyone approaches me when I'm walking at night, I got my defenses up.

When he does this its quick and catches me off guard and I'm taken aback and don't say anything, but if he does this shit tonight, I'm putting my foot down on it.

My friends are about to come and scoop me up and while I appreciate the company, some of the stuff my white friend says irritates me.

Last time he came I told him about the time me and my cousins were followed around every store in a mall out of town and he asked if I looked intimidating. He also said Capcom was insensitive revealing Rashid on 9/11, and make an argument for racial profiling and said that you instinctively tense up when a black person walks up to you at night and I said "No if anyone approaches me when I'm walking at night, I got my defenses up.

When he does this its quick and catches me off guard and I'm taken aback and don't say anything, but if he does this shit tonight, I'm putting my foot down on it.

Your friend's got full blown racism.

LionPride

Banned
I really need people to stop acting high and mighty over Star Wars. Niggas actin as if Lucas legit hurt them, niggas actin as if they deserved something because they feel as if three movies weren't good. Jesus Christ, the internet holds some of the most entitled people I swear.

BigDes

So ive started to notice that there are some posters out there who never appear in threads about black people being the victims of racism but when someone makes a joke about white people suddenly racial equality is the most important thing in the world to them and out they cone to defend the poor oppressed white people.

Sad to say it usually seems to be my fellow European GAFfers who are normally the ones who do this. Its rather infuriating really.

BigDes

I really need people to stop acting high and mighty over Star Wars. Niggas actin as if Lucas legit hurt them, niggas actin as if they deserved something because they feel as if three movies weren't good. Jesus Christ, the internet holds some of the most entitled people I swear.
Yeah. I love Star Wars but like

Eight movies, three great ones, one good one
Eleven billionty games, maybe twenty good ones
Six hundred million books, maybe three worth reading?

Its not a franchise with a massive amount of quality.

Knee lightsabers werent a George Lucas idea

LionPride

Banned
Yeah. I love Star Wars but like

Eight movies, three great ones, one good one
Eleven billionty games, maybe twenty good ones
Six hundred million books, maybe three worth reading?

Its not a franchise with a massive amount of quality.

Knee lightsabers werent a George Lucas idea
There are some people on this site who will blame every bad idea or mishap on Lucas, it aint even that serious! Oh, but he made one bad prequel and the other two were ok/good so he deserves this hate

Those white slavers though

Village

Is it a good discussion, though? Fans feel entitled, and believe they own the things they like.

They do not.

Sure, the fan economy bolsters that notion, but they did not make, and do not own shit.

I dunno, I feel like it could be a good discussion, i like a lot of things were fan entitlement is accused, because the person lodging the accusation has fan entitlement. Or are just filled with people who feel entitled to the thing.

I dunno, I feel like it could be a good discussion, i like a lot of things were fan entitlement is accused, because the person lodging the accusation has fan entitlement. Or are just filled with people who feel entitled to the thing.

You lost me.

Can you explain what you mean?

Top Bottom