• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

This is the prequel to Terra formars?
GNFOS_poster.jpg

Man, fuck these "i don't understand racism in America" fuckers.

Also, a good review of 2015 since i'm on the subject:
vkYdigR.png

That Thatcher Government thread pretty much negates all past present and future enlightened English men on this board who think that their country is so far beyond race and racism

I very much appreciate your icon.

---

EDIT: How do ya'll deal with these racist threads so often? I tried fighting back once (i.e. explaining why something was racist) and it just exhausted me.

You eventually start remembering who's who and not worth engaging. There are people who've been on Gaf for a decade or more and still act brand new in race threads

Slayven

You eventually start remembering who's who and not worth engaging. There are people who've been on Gaf for a decade or more and still act brand new in race threads

RIP Smokey Dave

It is the worst when you see someone you thought was cool wilding out in a race or other social issue thread?

EDIT: How do ya'll deal with these racist threads so often? I tried fighting back once (i.e. explaining why something was racist) and it just exhausted me.

I stopped visiting the forum for a while and/or reading threads with certain titles/ from known shitposters. But i'm also an idiot and forget about that, click on a thread like that again and the cycle repeats.

JLynn

I'm in the bathroom listening to the fiancée and my brother argue over Bill Cosby being charged.

I forgot to mention that we are in Philly, where it's on all the major stations.

Halp.

They sure do a good job of pretending to believe that, though. At least we now have verifiable receipts to throw at them when they bring up that bullshit.

We've had those for a long time too, people who want to spread that nonsense aren't going to be swayed by things like facts.

LionPride

Banned
So someone on the NBA subreddit asked a great question, why hasn't LeBron spoken out about the Tamir Rice killing? He's spoken up about other killings of black people, so why not Tamir Rice?

Young Magus

That Thatcher Government thread pretty much negates all past present and future enlightened English men on this board who think that their country is so far beyond race and racism

Link pls.

And Yea any "Im from Europe" post from now on should be filtered to "I need to read up on my history"

I can't......
like there are better things to do with online time than try to burst the sheltered bubble some folks continue to live in. I already hold/am trying to escape the pessimistic views I hold against people/internet and the last thing I need to see is folks failing to understand simple shit or claim that "x doesn't exist" in the face of many case studys and facts rolling about.

what happened with Smokey Dave!?

i thought he was cool peoples.

Hard not to be caught up with the Muslim hate in England, especially in the East Midlands. The amount of people I've just stopped talking to here over it is shocking.

It's the same shit the blacks and Irish were getting in the late 70's and 80. Difference then, no internet.

Fox is making an X-Force movie? With Cable!?!

I want them to keep his origin from the comics and want to see people explain it with a straight face!

I hope it's "watch me break the Silver Surfer's board, hold up an island and disassemble and re-assemble an entire fleet at the same time" Cable and not "my guns are huge and my muscles are bigger" Cable.

Village

It spurred the comment, but it's a trend I've always noticed.

I'm just tired of every time something turtles come up , folks question why it ain't the 80's cartoon. Because that's shits been over for years, kids grew up with different turtles, folks back then had different turtles. You expect everything to play to your nostalgia .

This... idea, is something I have deal with , in multiple things I like at the moment.

Sou Da

I'm just tired of every time something turtles come up , folks question why it ain't the 80's cartoon. Because that's shits been over for years, kids grew up with different turtles, folks back then had different turtles. You expect everything to play to your nostalgia .

This... idea, is something I have deal with , in multiple things I like at the moment.

It's annoying but the 80s Turtles gave us a decent amount of concepts that people have been able to do great things with, I agree with you but I feel people can push back too hard against those who are only familiar with the FW show.

Village

It's annoying but the 80s Turtles gave us a decent amount of concepts that people have been able to do great things with, I agree with you but I feel people can push back too hard against those who are only familiar with the FW show.

that's fair

Mizerman

G-Fex needs to stay in his lane instead of piping in every time something relates to his nostalgia.

You read the Turtles thread as well, eh?

Especially when some people go "Where's my 80s turtles? They were perfect and the others were edgy/tryhard/whatever nonsense."

But eh, plenty of franchises are like that. So I don't worry about it too much.

I get that, I really do. As someone who grew up in the late 80s throughout the 90s and onward, I've watched a bit of the 80s Turtles, had some merchandise and saw the movies at the time. Even then, I still prefer the 2K3 version by miles. Some folk will jus have to accept the fact that not everyone will prefer the 80s version.

Top Bottom