• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

shingi70

Banned
That trump commerical can't actually run on TV can it. I think I'm going to volunteer for Clinton's campagin come the spring.

Village

Hoping lightnining village crew is there in full force or too busy having 6 versoins of Naruto and Sasuke.
Think they had the assist slots last time or another. Kids will be there but probably the 3 main. Choji and black girl's little fat daughter won't be there mostly even if she was the best

Everyone's kid is the best

except naruto's kid, naruto's kid is a shit. Everyone else is like way cooler than their paren'ts like naruto proper was like a first draft .

Slayven

Everyone's kid is the best

except naruto's kid, naruto's kid is a shit. Everyone else is like way cooler than their paren'ts like naruto proper was like a first draft .

Boruto does seem like a the prototype naruto. Before he got his charmed. All the kids seem to be that that chunnin exam level of coolness

puw0Lku.png

Village

Boruto does seem like a the prototype naruto. Before he got his charmed. All the kids seem to be that that chunnin exam level of coolness

He should be better, he wasn't born with a giant ass deux ex machina stuffed in his stomach like his dad. But he's just so, spoiled and uninteresting. Sarada due to anime rule of cool has like a 90% chance of getting the insane OP bullshit that her dad got in his eye balls way easier than he did, and she's still way better character. Her and choji's daughter on the best.

Also sasuke better dad, he out doing sick sword combo's in the wood with his damn skeleton arm like half the time. Comes back instantaneously a better father than naruto, to naruto kid. If he were around more he would end up piccilo-ing everyones kid. " like damn why is my child calling that guy that defected to a terrorist group, dad, what ?Why is my kid looking up to big boss? "

Everyone got cooler cept bort, Boruto is the tidus of naruto.

LionPride

Banned
I'm watching The Revenant, if you look away from the screen as he's getting mauled by that bear, it legit looks as if he's getting penetrated by this CGI bear.
DUMBASS NIGGA WHY WOULD YOU SHOOT THE THING AFTER IT LET YO ASS LIVE THE FIRST TIME?!

Numb

How can Naruto be too busy with paper work when the dude can be in several places at once?
How can you neglect your kid when you can straight make another you to be with him
It's not like he can't when he has nuclear engine in his gut

RedSwirl

I don't know if this isn't the best place on GAF to discuss this, maybe there's another affordability thread going on in OT I don't know about, but what do y'all think of today's typical "millennial" expenses versus what people paid for yesterday? Cell phone bills, internet bills, newest smartphones, etc.

Every time we get discussions about how affordability is down for most people in the US compared to 40 years ago someone brings up added expenses like smartphones and shit and how kids don't really need them. Has anyone actually done the science and gotten hard numbers on how much millennials spend outside of food/housing compared to their parents in the 60's and 70's?

At face value it's probably easy for a lot of people to question how necessary these new gadgets actually are, though a lot of that complaining is obviously blanket statements being thrown around. Looking a little deeper though, I think you at least have to admit there are levels to what's necessary and what isn't for some people in 2016.

Anecdotal example: one part-time job I had a few years ago would have been almost impossible, or at least a lot more difficult, without a smartphone and unlimited mobile data. I had to drive a lot -- mostly to places I didn't know, and smartphone GPS was a huge help. At the very least it made my work significantly more efficient. My new laptop (a bit expensive I admit) should give me more flexibility in where I can do my current job.

And I think we're past the point of internet being a luxury. Basically every job I've had so far as been on the internet. It just depends on what speed you get for whatever you need. I know there are still a lot of old-fashioned people out there who do nothing more than check e-mail, and for them 5mb/s or whatever is probably good. For just that and simple web browsing 20 is probably good. You probably only really need 100 or something if you're making big downloads and streaming Netflix every day. At that point you have to examine the possibility you might be saving money by paying for fast internet and Netflix but giving up cable in exchange.

Malyse

NO.
You're not getting that stuck in my head.

----

This is a lot of how I feel about Megyn Kelly

As Bill Maher put it, “We think of Megyn Kelly as the sane one over there at Fox News. It’s just because she’s surrounded by Hannity and Bill O’Reilly. She’s like the blonde dragon girl on Game of Thrones. Everyone else is a zombie or a dwarf or fucking their sister, so she looks normal.”

----

Millennials have a lot more necessary expenses that older generations didn't have and don't understand because the world has changed. Unfortunately, the pay rate nor has the reflected cost of living taken in account the new state of the world.

Loudninja

Black Person: "Oh hey cool, a black person is in this game. It's cool to see someone like me"

Forum Poster: "Well, actually, they aren't from Earth and they have blue eyes and red hair and don't conform to what I think a black stereotype should be, so unless it's overt stop trying to see yourself represented in my games."

Black Person: "What? Black people can absolutely have blue eyes and red hair! Sure, it's not super common but it's not impossible. I just said it was cool seeing someone like me."

Forum Poster: "Unless they are explicit about it, then they aren't really black. I mean, they don't even use slang. They aren't really like you at all."
This is pretty silly.

I mean I have red hair but not blue eyes.

Slayven

He should be better, he wasn't born with a giant ass deux ex machina stuffed in his stomach like his dad. But he's just so, spoiled and uninteresting. Sarada due to anime rule of cool has like a 90% chance of getting the insane OP bullshit that her dad got in his eye balls way easier than he did, and she's still way better character. Her and choji's daughter on the best.

Also sasuke better dad, he out doing sick sword combo's in the wood with his damn skeleton arm like half the time. Comes back instantaneously a better father than naruto, to naruto kid. If he were around more he would end up piccilo-ing everyones kid. " like damn why is my child calling that guy that defected to a terrorist group, dad, what ?Why is my kid looking up to big boss? "

Everyone got cooler cept bort, Boruto is the tidus of naruto.

I don't get it, isn't the world at peace now? Why would any of the Kages be busy?

Village

I don't get it, isn't the world at peace now? Why would any of the Kages be busy?

The world isn't at peace, just because the leaders of the ninja world are more cooperative doesn't mean everyone else is. there is always going to be some guy who wants to stir shit up poltically or taking something over, much like real life. There's always someone asshole trying to start a war.

Naruto, the regular hokage, and sasuke whom naruto has called the secret hokage ( I think he kills people ) and the rest of the kage's work to keep that peace. It wont last forever. because eventually they get old, and new kage's get in. And there's always that one asshole that comes up talking about how they need to be strong again, the peace is temp.

Top Bottom