• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Actually kind of bummed it got locked. We could've got a lot of material out of that.

I think as indie dev tools keep improving and the world at large shows an increasing need to tell us we ain't shit, we'll have more ironically racist (and just straight racist) indie games coming out.

Shy

Jamaican Sailor Moon goes harder than it has any right to.
5mHtR1d.gif

Slayven

Actually kind of bummed it got locked. We could've got a lot of material out of that.

I think as indie dev tools keep improving and the world at large shows an increasing need to tell us we ain't shit, we'll have more ironically racist (and just straight racist) indie games coming out.
So Slave Angry Birds instead of Slave Tetris?

Gloria Allred vs Tyga?

Dude is not ready.

akira28

Well if he's lowkey a sexpest, messaging 14 year old girls...get em Gloria.

edit: why wouldn't they, its such a clever name. even if they did it straight out of racial disregard and not just for the publicity, they're still cynical as fuck.

edit: why wouldn't they, its such a clever name. even if they did it straight out of racial disregard and not just for the publicity, they're still cynical as fuck.

They appear to be Austin based, so I'm guessing they both don't care and did it for the publicity.

search for the game's title and be amused by how much Gaf stays on some people's minds lol

Mizerman

Eh. Wouldn't be surprised in any case.

Malyse

...Did they actually name the game "BlockLivesMatter"?
I'm pretty tempted to just go all in on Twitter and try to start a fucking fight. I'm pretty damned irritating and infuriating as all hell so I'm pretty sure I can get something started.

Might do it tomorrow. Actually. Yeah.

I wanna see how much hell I can cause. 😃
Damn, what happened in the Block Lives Matter thread for it to be deleted? I went out.
The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. The worst thing that can happen is not getting attention for prevocations.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Listening to Sunday's The Black Guy Who Tips, no one knew Black Sabbath was.

smh.

I downloaded the game and as you might guess, it's pretty blah. The "Box News" ticker UI was actually not a bad idea, but the game itself doesn't really do much to keep you interested. It is still in alpha though

Name was obviously chosen to get publicity it otherwise would never have seen

LionPride

Banned
I guess it's because I go back to school tomorrow, but I don't care about PSN being down at all. There is shit to do besides game

I've listened to multiple 8-bit game, movie theme, & tv remixes and original songs and will no longer just be just a participant. Now I've downloaded FamiTracker and am going to take up chiptune music making as a hobby. Despite 2 years of ensemble choir in high school, I've forgotten literally everything I've learned of music and music theory so it's gonna be an upward climb.

LionPride

Banned
Haven't played online for a while and wanted to game with some friends
Too bad for me i guess
That's a fine reaction, I'm talkin bout the reaction from people gaming side who act as if gaming is their only thing in life and they can't do anything else

shagia

what pisses me off about 'blocklivesmatter' is that it genuinely looks like one of those fun casual games, and it feels like they added a lot of the content just out of spite to be controversial, it doesn't really look like it had to be 'socially aware', or even about being in new york as a "shooter block" lol

just feels like a last minute decision made as a PR / reaction plan to get some attention, and that makes me real disappointed knowing that i feel as if the game looks pretty fun, what a damn shame

Bubba T

Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to play a game called "Let's count how many people are banned in a NeoGAF thread"

I always win.

Good luck Knife

Thanks!

what pisses me off about 'blocklivesmatter' is that it genuinely looks like one of those fun casual games, and it feels like they added a lot of the content just out of spite to be controversial, it doesn't really look like it had to be 'socially aware', or even about being in new york as a "shooter block" lol

just feels like a last minute decision made as a PR / reaction plan to get some attention, and that makes me real disappointed knowing that i feel as if the game looks pretty fun, what a damn shame

There was actually a game mentioned on the Spawn on Me podcast that sounded like it made more than an effort to actually communicate an experience and make it interesting using game mechanics, rather than blocklive's smacking a label on generic game X. If I can remember accurately, essentially the game was about dealing with choices that might lead to microagressions and choosing the right path to not stress or blow a gasket by the time you reached a store and returned home. One of the examples given was choosing whether or not to cross the street to the other sidewalk when a white person walked past, or keep on and risk sighting the person sliding their purse away from you as you approached which would add to an overall stress meter. I can't for the life of me remember anything about this game other than it deserves blocklive's spot in Greenlight. It seemed to be a short and simple experience but gets more across just from a description of playing it than blocklive's does.

Village

Sinster got some hints from Apocalypse but he didn't his powers until Gambit went back in time and gave them to him(long story, can't believe i read his solo series)

Isn't that when gambit was like

" well i'm already the worst so , how about I let you take all potential of me ever being cool away and put a forever limit on my powers and give them to you. Because i'm gambit, the worst"

Fuuu ran into this chick I meet like 9 months ago who was cool as fuck. Then didn't see or hear from her in awhile last week but she was in a rush. See her again today and boom find out in those months she's got a girlfriend now. I can't for the life of me remember her name and when she saw me she introduced her GF and I couldn't even hear her because I had a ear Bud in. Now forever I don't know either of thier names. My memory is awesome

Slayven

Isn't that when gambit was like

" well i'm already the worst so , how about I let you take all potential of me ever being cool away and put a forever limit on my powers and give them to you. Because i'm gambit, the worst"
Yeah it was that fuckery

Fuuu ran into this chick I meet like 9 months ago who was cool as fuck. Then didn't see or hear from her in awhile last week but she was in a rush. See her again today and boom find out in those months she's got a girlfriend now. I can't for the life of me remember her name and when she saw me she introduced her GF and I couldn't even hear her because I had a ear Bud in. Now forever I don't know either of thier names. My memory is awesome

Don't start a story like that, it can only disappoint or end in tears

Malyse

OH YEAH!

So, y'all know I was super sick last week, right? 100° temperature from Tuesday through Sunday? So I missed half the work week because of it and today was my first day back. I'm mostly aight, but I ain't 100 yet. Still a lil cough and not as strong as myself. In any case, I make it through the eight and I'm packing my stuff when my coworker comes up and he just says "Star Wars". I ain't gonna be rude or nothing, so we spend about 15 minutes chatting Star Wars. He walks off and *another* coworker comes up to me wanting, you guessed it, to talk Star Wars. So I spend some time with him talking Star Wars, though at this point I got my hat and my coat and my scarf on and I'm ready to roll out. Except this coworker is the *loud* coworker and now people pulling off they headphones to hop in on this Star Wars talk and I'm just trying to get home and in bed.

Like, I didn't deserve that kind of malice, universe. Any other day, I'd have loved it but not today. Don't send me things I want when I can't enjoy them!

Top Bottom