• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Slayven

Hero worship has never been in my DNA. Like, I wouldn't be on my own father's side if 50 women accused him of sexual assault let alone someone who I've never met who just played a father on TV.

Just watched a Vox video on the YallQaeda good ol' boys and they spliced in a clip of that old Bundy dude I'd never seen before where he was basically espousing how much better off black lives were when they were slaves. Fucking wacky how that guy and his offspring have such a huge following without being curtailed. The FBI watches these assholes right? I mean after the Bundy ranch standoff and this Oregon shit, I don't see how you couldn't just label the Bundy clan terrorists and basically make sure these dudes don't stir any more pots after this.

Yeah dude got famous and really started speaking his mind. He even had a black dude minion cosigning shit.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Just watched a Vox video on the YallQaeda good ol' boys and they spliced in a clip of that old Bundy dude I'd never seen before where he was basically espousing how much better off black lives were when they were slaves. Fucking wacky how that guy and his offspring have such a huge following without being curtailed. The FBI watches these assholes right? I mean after the Bundy ranch standoff and this Oregon shit, I don't see how you couldn't just label the Bundy clan terrorists and basically make sure these dudes don't stir any more pots after this.

I remember before that happened a bunch of conservatives like Sean Hannity were supporting him vigorously, then after he made those remarks about blacks they were like NOPE.

harSon

Banned
ya'll wish you had this blasian childhood swag

ZocmM6y.png

Black people would still be defending R.Kelly if Dave Chappelle and the Boondocks didn't piss on his career.

Black folk are worst with R. Kelly. They don't even deny that shit. They embrace the fuckery, blame the victim and rock the shit out of his albums.

Numb

ya'll wish you had this blasian childhood swag

ZocmM6y.png

Black folk are worst with R. Kelly. They don't even deny that shit. They embrace the fuckery, blame the victim and rock the shit out of his albums.
Reminded me of that kid from My wife and kids.

emgn-my-wife-and-kids-7.jpg

Well he certainly became quite the man
wow
It's probably 250. When an alligator bites a human, they kill it because it then has a taste for humans.
lol

I really hate unwelcomed people in my damn house. Especially ones I can't force to leave because she is my wife's mother and if I kicked her out her useless ass would be homeless.

TheFlow

Banned
Listen yah I dislike those people who post full black bars without explaining what it spoils.

Then they get mad when you call them out on it smh

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Jubei that's photoshop lol, has to be

Listen yah I dislike those people who post full black bars without explaining what it spoils.

Then they get mad when you call them out on it smh
It's actually in he forum policy not to do this but it's loosely enforced depending on whichever mod is perusing the thread except in special cases like GoT (smh)

TheFlow

Banned
Jubei that's photoshop lol, has to be

It's actually in he forum policy not to do this but it's loosely enforced depending on whichever mod is perusing the thread except in special cases like GoT (smh)
Yo peep the Steven universe thread. This is the second day I have to explain it to some members. I am just going to choose to ignore it so I don't disrupt the thread

Man fuck Tarantino.
As if saying nigger like a million times wasn't bad enough, this dude had the AUDACITY to let the only other black character in the hateful 8 with speaking lines, be the most stereotypical, Aunt Jemima looking, butter biscuit baking, sassy goat-mouthed Mammy caricature I've ever seen on film. I was in shock

TheFlow

Banned
Man fuck Tarantino.
As if saying nigger like a million times wasn't bad enough, this dude had the AUDACITY to let the only other black character in the hateful 8 with speaking lines, be the most stereotypical, Aunt Jemima looking, butter biscuit baking, sassy goat-mouthed Mammy caricature I've ever seen on film. I was in shock
Damn would you recommend black people watching it in theatres?

Man fuck Tarantino.

Glad I don't have to tussle with making a decision. I'll be spending my money on The Revenant and Spotlight instead. Looks like Creed is still around too.

Bowlie

Banned
Man fuck Tarantino.

Whoa, I was planning to see that tomorrow. Could you tell me why did you get this feeling (in spoiler tags)?

Malyse

Whoa, I was planning to see that tomorrow. Could you tell me why did you get this feeling (in spoiler tags)?

Glad I don't have to tussle with making a decision. I'll be spending my money on The Revenant and Spotlight instead. Looks like Creed is still around too.

Damn would you recommend black people watching it in theatres?

Man fuck Tarantino.

But I thought this was the bestest best Tarantino movie ever committed to celluloid.

LionPride

Banned
Fuck Hateful Eight, I thought GAF was overreacting calling it his worst movie...That movie is shit and I like just about every Tarentino movie, but Hateful Eight is some shit. Like Django I understood them saying Nigger every other fucking word, Hateful Eight there are only two black people in the movie and they say Nigger almost more than Django, I swear that movie is just some shit.

Glad I didn't pay to see that shit, should probably pay to see Revenant though, that movie was fire

TheFlow

Banned
Fuck Hateful Eight, I thought GAF was overreacting calling it his worst movie...That movie is shit and I like just about every Tarentino movie, but Hateful Eight is some shit. Like Django I understood them saying Nigger every other fucking word, Hateful Eight there are only two black people in the movie and they say Nigger almost more than Django, I swear that movie is just some shit.

Glad I didn't pay to see that shit, should probably pay to see Revenant though, that movie was fire
Wait you saw
Revenant
does my man deserve the oscar or nah?

LionPride

Banned
Wait you saw
Revenant
does my man deserve the oscar or nah?

Leo is good in it, but he's not Wolf of Wall Street good or Django good. He should have won for Wall Street and he may not get it this year cuz Eddie Redmayne. He doesn't even really speak in the movie all that much. Most of it is grunts and screams, and when he does speak most of his dialogue is in a Native American language. If he wins it'll be because the movie was so good that they need to finally get him one.

Bowlie

Banned
I saw the 70mm version, which had extra footage in it so I'm not sure if this scene is in the digital screenings but towards the end of the movie (heavy spoilers)

*snip*

That, coupled with the extremely liberal use of the word nigger left a really bitter taste in my mouth

I did not read anything about the movie; only knew that Sam was in it, but brother... I'll wait to see that movie then.

I love that the training for this powerup involved getting freaky in Brazil

https://youtu.be/e8q8fNRMoS0?t=94

I can confirm it's just like that, including the fact that we're all secretly japanese.

I saw the 70mm version, which had extra footage in it so I'm not sure if this scene is in the digital screenings but towards the end of the movie (heavy spoilers)
The haberdashery that the main chracters are trapped in is revealed to have been operated by a heavy set black woman by the name of Minnie who speaks in a plantation style southern accent even though she lives in a cabin in the middle of the mountains of Wyoming. After the main antagonists walks into the haberdashery she makes them all da besss coffee dis sida da Misssippi and she is enamored when she finds out one of the characters speaks French, and gets all wide eyed about it. She asked the guy who walked in how to teach her some words in french just to set up this joke later where she screams across the room to tell some guy to ask her if she indeed does, have a fat ass, just so she could reply "Oui" all bougie like. Pretty much immediately after this, the antagonists kill her, and all the other black people in the room (and a white guy too, but they leave another white guy who was a general in the confederate army alive).
That, coupled with the extremely liberal use of the word nigger left a really bitter taste in my mouth

<tyga voice>
Got my heroes sweater on
'Cause I fucks with girls with 80's
To get in that Poly Prep's Middle School
So believe me when u say they framing my dude
Cosby, no need for first name
Those 50++ women just needed a new black man to blame
Take the black Man's heroes from him, to Rodman to Dexter Manley
He didn't drug them they fainted due to him being so manly
Quoting all those checks he's written to Fanny
Mae he not educate the young women

Kreed

The haberdashery that the main chracters are trapped in is revealed to have been operated by a heavy set black woman by the name of Minnie who speaks in a plantation style southern accent even though she lives in a cabin in the middle of the mountains of Wyoming. After the main antagonists walks into the haberdashery she makes them all da besss coffee dis sida da Misssippi and she is enamored when she finds out one of the characters speaks French, and gets all wide eyed about it. She asked the guy who walked in how to teach her some words in french just to set up this joke later where she screams across the room to tell some guy to ask her if she indeed does, have a fat ass, just so she could reply "Oui" all bougie like. Pretty much immediately after this, the antagonists kill her, and all the other black people in the room (and a white guy too, but they leave another white guy who was a general in the confederate army alive).

That's in the digital version too. Although you have a "Now hold on a minute" part in your spoiler:

There was a white girl worker that got killed along with Minnie's white husband. So that's 3 black people including Minnie and two white people out of the 6 that were in the shop that the gang took over, with the general (the only customer) being left alive to continue to act like a customer.

But yeah, this is definitely one of his weakest films, but mostly for being too long and me not being a fan of
a bunch of unlikable people minus Samuel L Jackson stuck in a house for most of the film.
N-word usage and the character in our spoilers didn't bother me at all.

TheFlow

Banned
Leo is good in it, but he's not Wolf of Wall Street good or Django good. He should have won for Wall Street and he may not get it this year cuz Eddie Redmayne. He doesn't even really speak in the movie all that much. Most of it is grunts and screams, and when he does speak most of his dialogue is in a Native American language. If he wins it'll be because the movie was so good that they need to finally get him one.
Damn son I totally agree. He was robbed so many times that they might just give it to him just because of reasons

That's in the digital version too. Although you have a "Now hold on a minute" part in your spoiler:

There was a white girl worker that got killed along with Minnie's white husband. So that's 3 black people including Minnie and two white people out of the 6 that were in the shop that the gang took over, with the general (the only customer) being left alive to continue to act like a customer.

But yeah, this is definitely one of his weakest films, but mostly for being too long and me not being a fan of
a bunch of unlikable people minus Samuel L Jackson stuck in a house for most of the film.
N-word usage and the character in our spoilers didn't bother me at all.

Oh thats right. Forgot about her. My bad. But they really didn't need to let the old dude live because the 3 members of the gang were just gonna pretend to be customers anyway.The only purpose he served in the movie is to have another character point out how much of a nigger Samuel L Jackson was

You could probably tell from what I said, but I had no problems, though I do suspect Tarantino set this just after the Civil War so he could use the word nigger.

Kreed

Oh thats right. Forgot about her. My bad. But they really didn't need to let the old dude live because the 3 members of the gang were just gonna pretend to be customers anyway.The only purpose he served in the movie is to have another character point out how much of a nigger Samuel L Jackson was

But then we wouldn't have gotten the scene with Samuel humiliating and killing him.

You could probably tell from what I said, but I had no problems, though I do suspect Tarantino set this just after the Civil War so he could use the word nigger.

Reminds me of how Mel Brooks got Richard Pryor on the screenplay for Blazing Saddles so he could justify their inordinate use of the word. Since Samuel L. has re-write privileges on Tarantino scripts he has a character in, I wonder if Tarantino does the same with him.

Top Bottom