• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Furyous

You hit it first?

Nah, I have indoor draws and outdoor draws. Additionally, my nickname is Pein. Why? Because when I get mad, step outside, place my hand on the ground, a bunch of booty goons in dark cloaks with redclouds on the front appear out of smoke ready for action.
I'm obviously joking with the Akatsuki of booty goons.

akira28

State Trooper almost got me killed on the highway today. Gotta make that quota, trying to cause accidents, bitch couldn't pull me over even if he wanted to because I am that safe as shit driver, so instead he harasses me on the road for a few miles, before rushing off to pull over some cadillac suv instead, almost making the car in the next lane sideswipe into me at 55 mph, and forcing me to swerve into my next lane over. If it had been a busier rush hour I would be dead. I wanted to pull over and smack that trooper in the back of the head.

anyway. so new recipe for VR, Generic HMD shell 20 bucks, refurbushed Android cell phone 30 bucks, android VR ap 7 bucks. done. 600 dollars.

Slayven

State Trooper almost got me killed on the highway today. Gotta make that quota, trying to cause accidents, bitch couldn't pull me over even if he wanted to because I am that safe as shit driver, so instead he harasses me on the road for a few miles, before rushing off to pull over some cadillac suv instead, almost making the car in the next lane sideswipe into me at 55 mph, and forcing me to swerve into my next lane over. If it had been a busier rush hour I would be dead. I wanted to pull over and smack that trooper in the back of the head.

anyway. so new recipe for VR, Generic HMD shell 20 bucks, refurbushed Android cell phone 30 bucks, android VR ap 7 bucks. done. 600 dollars.

Got a link to the shell?

akira28

it was one of those kind of things where all I could do is look for some one else to actually confirm that this shit actually just happened. Just up the street from the trooper barracks. holy shit was I mad. and completely caught off guard.

and no one can hold his ass responsible for being a reckless asshole. powerless against law enforcement, for the most part, unless some shit has already fucked up.

edit: oooh..dashboard cam...I need to get one.

Got a link to the shell?

http://www.lightinthebox.com/vr-box...currency=USD&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping#

this is who I got it from. The prices doubled on amazon over Xmas, but light in the box pretty much stayed the same. but they ship shit from Norway on the back of a snail.

Trinus VR is the app. the motion tracking isn't working for me, though this guy on youtube seems to have gotten it. I will stick with opentrack+freepie for that, but the Trinus video is pretty decent.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loxai.trinus.full&hl=en

Slayven

it was one of those kind of things where all I could do is look for some one else to actually confirm that this shit actually just happened. Just up the street from the trooper barracks. holy shit was I mad. and completely caught off guard.

and no one can hold his ass responsible for being a reckless asshole. powerless against law enforcement, for the most part, unless some shit has already fucked up.

edit: oooh..dashboard cam...I need to get one.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/vr-box...currency=USD&litb_from=paid_adwords_shopping#

this is who I got it from. The prices doubled on amazon over Xmas, but light in the box pretty much stayed the same. but they ship shit from Norway on the back of a snail.

Trinus VR is the app. the motion tracking isn't working for me, though this guy on youtube seems to have gotten it. I will stick with opentrack+freepie for that, but the Trinus video is pretty decent.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loxai.trinus.full&hl=en

what does the little controller do?

lordmrw

You hit it first?

Nah, I have indoor draws and outdoor draws. Additionally, my nickname is Pein. Why? Because when I get mad, step outside, place my hand on the ground, a bunch of booty goons in dark cloaks with redclouds on the front appear out of smoke ready for action.
I'm obviously joking with the Akatsuki of booty goons.

this will never stop being the funniest made up term.

akira28

its a bluetooth controller, for the iphone it didn't do shit. I just got the android phone in today, so I havent played around with it on the android yet. supposed to be compatible in android as a gamepad, but the thing is so dinky I ignore it. not to mention they forgot to include the charger cable for it.

its the size of one of those keychain alarm fobs, so if you can find a set without it and save 8 or so bucks, might be worth it. (honestly don't see how the fuck I'm supposed to pull off a dragon punch on the damned thing)

Slayven

its a bluetooth controller, for the iphone it didn't do shit. I just got the android phone in today, so I havent played around with it. supposed to be compatible in android as a gamepad, but the thing is so dinky I ignore it. not to mention they forgot to include the charger cable for it.

This is a real interesting setup. I am going to ahve to get me one. Be perfect to sit and watch movies in bed with.

Crunchyroll is not worth 600 bucks

akira28

This is a real interesting setup. I am going to ahve to get me one. Be perfect to sit and watch movies in bed with.

Crunchyroll is not worth 600 bucks

people are talking about playing their xbox ones through the shit, streaming through their PC, I was impressed. for movies and media the controller will be fine. it makes the cursor go from icon to icon at least.

Slayven

people are talking about playing their xbox ones through the shit, streaming through their PC, I was impressed. for movies and media the controller will be fine. it makes the cursor go from icon to icon at least.

Thought Xbox was getting their own VR?

akira28

this was just someone's jerry rig, streaming it with moonlight PC streamer, I am not sure if they were using that Windows 10 - Xbone link or what.

tbh, I havent heard anything from MS about VR. I think people were going to team it with the Occulus, lol. They're about to be upset.

harSon

Banned
I ended up ordering an Oculus Rift. It looks like the Developer Kits are selling four $350-400, so I'll just sell mine to heavily subsidize the cost of the consumer edition.

Slayven

I think its about the mood for that sort of thing anyway. I'm down, gave him a great intro too.

We saw when such a concept is taken super seriously

latest

TheFlow

Banned
Can't believe yah made such a big deal over that marvel reveal. Thought it was going to be good

Edit:
Invincible iron man and doctor strange are good. People are also raving about vision.

We are getting black panther and Luke cage&iron fist team up book as well so yay

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah, I actually don't care about that character. Sorry.

Glad y'all are happy, though.

akira28

Yeah, I actually don't care about that character. Sorry.

Glad y'all are happy, though.

he was the first and the last marvel exxtreme character that wasn't immediately fucked at creation.

though I always knew him more for his devastating tonfa techniques than his skateboarding.

Slayven

he was the first and the last marvel exxtreme character that wasn't immediately fucked at creation.

though I always knew him more for his devastating tonfa techniques than his skateboarding.

and not being afraid to tell everyone to kiss his ass

Top Bottom