• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

JLynn

X is wrong in Western countries too,
at least as far as marking is concerned
just not on Playstation for some reason.

Most people in the west equates X to a confirmed destination (As in X marks the spot.) I would post an article about it but I think GAF don't like Kotaku, right?

Slayven

MYYz39A.png

Do not let Gaf make a thread about that.

You will read some shit

Most people in the west equates X to a confirmed destination (As in X marks the spot.) I would post an article about it but I think GAF don't like Kotaku, right?

I dunno, in terms of correct and incorrect, I think most people would equate X with an incorrect answer.

I've seen that Kotaku article and while there's definitely an argument to be made for it, I don't think it's a clear cut distinction here. Tbh, I don't think many people think of it at all when playing video games, I'm pretty sure most people are more concerned with position than symbol.

harSon

Banned
Man, some cops are real fucking pieces of work. I got a ticket this morning while using my phone at left turn red light. I was sitting at a red light waiting to turn left onto the street I work on, when I noticed some gang related graffiti on the wall across the street. So I took out my cellphone and snapped a couple pictures so I could email them off to anti-graffiti program in my city, since I work right in the middle of a gang impacted neighborhood.

Cop saw me doing it, pulled me over and all this dipshit could say is "the law is the law" even when I backed my story up with the 3-4 pictures on my phone. You're really going to waste your time punishing citizens taking pictures of gang tagging at a red light? Really bruh?

Malyse

Man, some cops are real fucking pieces of work. I got a ticket this morning while using my phone at left turn red light. I was sitting at a red light waiting to turn left onto the street I work on, when I noticed some gang related graffiti on the wall across the street. So I took out my cellphone and snapped a couple pictures so I could email them off to anti-graffiti program in my city, since I work right in the middle of a gang impacted neighborhood.

Cop saw me doing it, pulled me over and all this dipshit could say is "the law is the law" even when I backed my story up with the 3-4 pictures on my phone. You're really going to waste your time punishing citizens taking pictures of gang tagging at a red light? Really bruh?
Don't pay. Challenge it in court and I'd bet it gets tossed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Breh that shit hurt to read.
Do not let Gaf make a thread about that.

You will read some shit
Want to strike a nerve with GAF? Mention women in video games or women doing men wrong. OPEN THE FLOODGATES

Also the backlash against the hashtag is like an MRA wet dream. I just think it's all funny.
i'm dead

All the restaurant twitter accounts getting in on it are killing me, too
It's that perfect crossover of humor and kicking the hornet's nest.

akira28

its like a cool idea, but then she had to make it all about her.

if she had just had a picture of her, and then pictures of the tribeswomen she has met and had in their traditional gear, that would have been nice. but, no.

some people literally can't relate to the world unless they see their own reflection gazing back.

Malyse

Update: Since I had no intentions to offend anyone and yet I’m not able to answer to all of you, I’ve decided to delete my post.

My intention was 100% pure with this tribal art, being a human right lawyer and journalist who knows pretty much about racism and similar issues, I have never imagined that my work will annoy so many people and that I will have to explain myself. And sure, I will not do that. Keep calm and love every human.
http://www.boredpanda.com/i-morphed...to-raise-awareness-of-these-secluded-culture/

Why not throw an all lives matter in there too? I mean, while you're at it.

I think I did well on the interview, I just really hate not having a car. My interview ended at about 12:16, but I can't get home until 4:30 because they changed the bus to only running once a day and it's that time.

TheFlow

Banned

if she had just had a picture of her, and then pictures of the tribeswomen she has met and had in their traditional gear, that would have been nice. but, no.

some people literally can't relate to the world unless they see their own reflection gazing back.
this so fucking much.

If she really traveled why not take pictures of the people you talked to and want to survive.

So true.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I was wrong about Steven Universe.

Just watched Warp Tour, clearly NOW shit is about to get real.

Malyse

Crispr scares the fuck out of me and people's excitement is unnerving. It can go so fucking wrong so fucking quickly. Like, annihilate humanity wrong.

Decided to use the rest of my money on a cab home. I won't have any money in case I need to ride a bus or another cab again, but mom said if there's a will there's a way. Got home to see piss and shit everywhere from my lil brother's dog and cleaned that up.

Been up since 2:45. I'm about to take this suit off, eat some ice cream and go to sleep.

akira28

Crispr scares the fuck out of me and people's excitement is unnerving. It can go so fucking wrong so fucking quickly. Like, annihilate humanity wrong.

well if the old adage "whatever we know about, they have about 20 years ahead of it in hock" is true...I'd love to, really really love to have need to know on the super soldier program.

LionPride

Banned
So I've been invited to speak at a panel about black youth and how black adults can help us. I'm one of a few teenagers and Vince Carter, Elliot Perry, and someone else will be there as part of it.

Go me

HOLY JESUS I GET TO MEET SERGEANT VINCENT LAMAR CARTER

Malyse

well if the old adage "whatever we know about, they have about 20 years ahead of it in hock" is true...I'd love to, really really love to have need to know on the super soldier program.
Naw, that's not how this gets used. This is an incredibly violent lethal agent. I can't even begin to imagine the potential administed in torture. Geneva can fuck right off.

Top Bottom