• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

shagia

enhanced-14799-1441274496-1.png

enhanced-17643-1441276631-1.png

enhanced-1755-1441275040-12.jpg

Goku/Yugioh by Shaquille Dent

I know it's not cosplay, but fuck it.

i'd hang with em

Bubba T

Between the income tax brackets thread, credit card thread, and now the poor/broke thread, I don't know what to think about GAF anymore.

akira28

interesting. so GearVR is just a walled garden for Occulus apps, and the headset is just a fancy trackpad and volume adjuster, no extra processing hardware or anything. That's disappointing.

but now I don't feel bad for not having a 500 dollar samsung phone.

but..there appears to be a noncompete hidden in there somewhere. games like keep talking and nobody explodes would really do well on cardboard, but so far they have decided "it isn't a viable platform" to even allow compatibility

Yet it's never the "as a black man, I *excuses some racist bullshit* people."

Speaking of racism, I'm always annoyed at so many fantasy/sci-fi stories having their analogues for racism instead of just addressing actual racism.

Because there are no people of color in the future, as far as sci-fi is concerned. Prime example is the Mad Max series, set in a future Australia with no, no Aboriginal people. And two black people: Tina Turner in Thunderdome and Zoe Kravitz in Fury Road.

I think we need to start calling RZA "LZA" because he is taking a serious L.

ReiGun

Because there are no people of color in the future, as far as sci-fi is concerned. Prime example is the Mad Max series, set in a future Australia with no, no Aboriginal people. And two black people: Tina Turner in Thunderdome and Zoe Kravitz in Fury Road.

This is really disturbing. WTF are white people planning to do to the rest of us?

Furyous

I went to play the powerball and all of the gas stations in town are out of papers to print tickets. FUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKK MEEE.

If one of these numbers hit I'm going to be pissed FOREVER.

ReiGun

Nothing, I'm sure in the future we've all moved to Wakanda or wherever the fuck Tyroc comes from.

17d7c9174f5cec87a7b6c2e3048c14b3.gif

I really don't like Wakanda.

I like to imagine that every post-apocalyptic setting has a city full of people of color living comfortably. Just chilling, watching as white people struggle.

"Should we help them?"

"Eh....give like two more years."

Malyse

There are no white people in my futuristic story. At least, no white main characters. Or side characters.

Thought technically, my story would be classified as science fantasy, that same nebulous genre that things like Star Wars hide in.

So we going to skip over how the USA was going to make Wakanda fight in WW2 when they said they weren't going to?

And all of Klaw

No? None of that makes Wakanda any better though. I dunno, it just feels off to me, we're supposed to look at Wakanda as a symbol of black success but Wakanda makes it very clear they don't give a shit about black (or any other) people. Wakanda just feels like the worst African tribal conflicts with a nice sci-fi coat of paint.

Good ol hudlin fuckery. Weve seen why the super science community holds back on cures. Stark had a miracle cure for weight loss and the first thing he does is weaponizes it.

I mean, it was more like he had a weapon that he sold as a miracle cure for weight loss...

jmood88

someone on twitter said:
All distopian sci fi by white people is literally just straight white people get treated like how they treated everyone

Malyse

There's 100% guarantee it won't be accepted if you don't even try and give it to anybody.
There's a 100% chance I don't fault Wakanda for not taking on Western bullshit.

----

People getting MAD AS FUCK about the FF7Remake. This is beautiful.

Wow I hate the idea of anything more than a straight graphics overhaul with cut scenes redone, If they change one thing about the game as far as story, gameplay, world map, enemies, locations, then it will be a travesty. NO, no 'improvements' need to be made, nothing needs to be removed or added.. No No.. We are talking about the remaster of final fantasy 7, but you just listed some entirely different games. There hasn't been a call to the gods for eons upon ages to do anything to those games you listed, but guess what, for ff7 there has. Speaking for myself as a money saving teenager in the 90's who waited to be in that line to get my copy on the first day, screaming my way home and toasting to the beginning of the most unbelievableamazingfunjaw dropping game of all time, pouring hours into the amazing experience, agonizing over story lines, passionately hating the villians, and sharing the ride with some of my favorite characters of all time.... I feel like its fucking unbelievable bullshit to put your hands on such a masterpiece to molest and corrupt it in any way. Shit happens and its fucking tragic, OK it's fucking tragic, but don't pull some dumbshit dlc type 'oh that shit doesn't have to happen' bullshit and alter the storyline. It DOES happen, deal with it like I did and appreciate the game even more for it. It's a masterpiece.

It's like if someone remade the Mona Lisa and just because it's 2015 we put a fedora on her and an IRL fish meme in the background, not to mention that we used a 3d printer to do it, and we added some led lights and embedded a Go pro into her eyes so we could see the reaction of the people who look at the poor retarded monster child that was once a great piece of art and lower their eyes in shame and disbelief. It's not the Mona Lisa anymore it's a fucking joke.

then I got told I never even played FF7 before.

Oh man this is going to be amazing.

hes not giving people access to extremis, but a side effect.

He's infecting people with Extremis. Hell, my entire point is that he didn't create a cure and then weaponise it, he had a weapon and sold it based on a side-effect.

Extremis -> Extremis 2.0

Rather than developing a weight loss drug and then weaponising it.

Extremis 2.0 -> Extremis.

smft that dreads thread reminds me of someone (white) i know who , when i said i was thinking about dreading my hair, basically said 'i hate dreads because they look dirty'.

i later realized it's probably because she'd only seen them on other white people.

anyways, i don't like seeing them on white people.

ALSO the number of people who don't even know the difference between black hairstyles. smh

Village

There's a 100% chance I don't fault Wakanda for not taking on Western bullshit.

----

People getting MAD AS FUCK about the FF7Remake. This is beautiful.

then I got told I never even played FF7 before.

Oh man this is going to be amazing.

You got me about to go off on shit you quoted the person ain't even going to see it.

Top Bottom