• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Sou Da

that time of year again
avokoqJh.jpg

Why is Dominos even listed? Like that shit is a huge draw or something.

https://www.comixology.com/Adventures-of-Superman-2013-2014-40/digital-comic/66807

https://www.readdcentertainment.com/Adventures-of-Superman-2013-2014/comics-series/10176?Issues_pg=3?

Going to warn you, it's literally Max Landis using a comic to conduct a strawman comic book forum argument.

Superman gets hilariously unintentionally OOC

"You try and try. You go out there every night and you give them your best stuff, but sometimes, it's not you. It's the critics that has the problem."

Oh my god.

Oh shit that is in Georgia, I would go but I got a think at the Korean Baptist church, which is next door to a Korean Methodist church.

There's a Korean Baptist Church across the street from a Korean Methodist Church out here. You'd be quite happy with the parishioners

Sou Da

"You try and try. You go out there every night and you give them your best stuff, but sometimes, it's not you. It's the critics that has the problem."

Oh my god.

I wanted to make a thread about it during the F4 reboot but decided against in lieu of stuff like what Meus did.

Dude lacks any awareness

Yep. He's the poster boy for entitled white America too.

I say a lot of shit that you guys don't agree with but I understand I am in the minority.

Payed for people to see the movie, offered in the thread.

He's aware that Joker is overrated and he's got to let everyone know how cool Superman is.

It's so misguided and awful. Not to mention petty.

I feel like he doesn't even read comics. He's probably one of those people that read Death of Superman and thought they knew everything about Superman.

Slayven

Payed for people to see the movie, offered in the thread.

He's aware that Joker is overrated and he's got to let everyone know how cool Superman is.

It's so misguided and awful. Not to mention petty.
Oh that, hahaha I forgot about that, that was cray cray
Yep. He's the poster boy for entitled white America too.

I say a lot of shit that you guys don't agree with but I understand I am in the minority.
Yeah dude had 2 straight bombs this year, but bet he will not lack for work.

Mizerman

I wanted to make a thread about it during the F4 reboot but decided against in lieu of stuff like what Meus did.

Oh yeah. That guy who tried to pay off people via Paypal to review the movie without criticizing it. Like he didn't want to hear any bad things about the reboot.

Was amusing.

Yooo!!! this local bail bondsman has the GOAT tag line

"We'll get you out the door before the soap hits the floor."

Bruh!! xD
Damn..
Oh yeah. That guy who tried to pay off people via Paypal to review the movie without criticizing it. Like he didn't want to hear any bad things about the reboot.

Was amusing.
Probably the most "WTF?" moment I've had on here, because why are you THAT invested in this movie? Then, I remembered plenty of folks here work for these large corporations that make money off of entertaining us..pretty blatant shit. That, or he's completely out of his damn mind lol..

BigDes

UK folk..what are your top five recent TV shows with a couple of seasons under their belt? Luther need not apply..
Orphan Black
Black Mirror

Uh there was a show about the met police that was good but I forget the name. Starred James Nesbitt.

Er otuer than that I have no idea. UK tv has not been great recently.

Orphan Black
Black Mirror

Uh there was a show about the met police that was good but I forget the name. Starred James Nesbitt.

Er otuer than that I have no idea. UK tv has not been great recently.
Thanks! Started Black Mirror again after not digging on it. Thought the Christmas one was great. Been meaning to check out Orphan..guess I'll get on that.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Edit : Probably gonna get quoted but never mind.

Anyway can we talk about hockey and where does one get started in watching and enjoying the sport ?

Africanus

Oh damn, I forgot with all that's happened.
I've already been on this site for a year! Since Jan 9th 2015 even. Ahh the memories. Even though I don't post as often as others in here, I still read most things. You all are good people.

The forum in general, on the other hand, many ignorant people. Made me realize that perhaps I was optimistic regarding adults!
Not all bad though, had a great time being a member.

TheFlow

Banned
I've already been on this site for a year! Since Jan 9th 2015 even. Ahh the memories. Even though I don't post as often as others in here, I still read most things. You all are good people.

The forum in general, on the other hand, many ignorant people. Made me realize that perhaps I was optimistic regarding adults!
Who are you?
no really who are you

jk happy one year... But really who are you?

Shy

Black Mirror was really great
It really is.

Happy anniversary.
I'm no one.
Don't say that, i think you're someone.

Brits have short seasons, which is why I asked for shows that have a couple already. Hate watching 5 episodes and things being done..it's like watching nothing but miniseries. I wanna dig in for a minute.

I mean, I could just say watch all of Doctor Who since you don't like short seasons. Technically it's still recent.

Orphan Black is pretty good for the first couple seasons at least, though it's technically a Canadian production, not a British one.

You could give Broadchurch a shot. 8 eps in it's first season.

Heard good things about Happy Valley, though I don't know it's length.

Scrotal Recall is a pretty good comedy with a terrible, terrible name. Has Antonia Thomas from Mistfits in it. 6 episodes.

That's all I got since I'm not from or in the UK.

LionPride

Banned

Anyway can we talk about hockey and where does one get started in watching and enjoying the sport ?
Down here there's a semi-pro team and I have a friend who's dad works for the team. Free tickets are good. Watch the NHL on stuff like the NBC Sports channels or on the internet. I enjoy it because it's kinda like soccer but on ice and more enjoyable sometimes.

BigDes

Watching it is just like any other sport. Find sone friends who watch it and go get drunk with them at the sports bar or pub.

Could find an ice rink and try and find a weekend team to play with too I guess. I used to do that back at home. Only people who play it here are overly serious expats.

Trey

Dope was mediocre.

There's an NHLgaf in community. Check them out. Good people. Follow your local pro team if you have one. I recommend catching some playoff hockey. Nothing quite like it.

Eventually you'll pick up on the superstars and storyline and rivalries and intricacies. Just gotta watch and get invested in a fanbase. Hockey is fun.

Dope was mediocre.

There's an NHLgaf in community. Check them out. Good people. Follow your local pro team if you have one. I recommend catching some playoff hockey. Nothing quite like it.

Eventually you'll pick up on the superstars and storyline and rivalries and intricacies. Just gotta watch and get invested in a fanbase. Hockey is fun.
Dope is too Mary Sue and discards the Syd stand-in character and the other kid

Trey

It just wasn't interesting. Everything that happened to him was interesting, but the main character made it uninteresting with his 'deer in headlights' setting engaged at all times.

If any of you prefer reading comics on your tablets/computers, new humble bundle for a bunch of Image Comics stuff: https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Wytches, Phonogram, Saga Vol.4, Outcast, Rat Queens, Invincible (1-47).

Pretty good for $25 or so, or more if you want :)

---

And Gordon's back!

RKQxaBI.gif

EDIT: oh, you watching british shows? Nice, i love the brit format.

EDIT2: Orphan Black, Black Sails(2 seasons, new one starting), Peaky Blinders(2 seasons, new one starting) ... hmm, Prime Suspect?(Quite old but still quality!)

Top Bottom