• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Numb

Walking outside for more than 30min

kQxR3yO.gif

Kreed

I did one of those DNA tests and got results from 14 different parts of the Earth. Think I'll just stick with black.

Malyse

Good morning! Here's a rundown of today's awful:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...eammate-and-school-let-team-keep-playing.html

That's fucking awful. Charge them as adult, put them all in jail, and see about punitive punishment for anyone who knew and kept quiet. Take them all down.
Ah, maybe don't click that if you have trouble with stories of sexual violence.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/01/13/chicago-pd-street-stops-down-80.html

And that's going to end badly for everyone. I can already see the defense force citing this as justification for all the awful things police do.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/14/oxford-university-to-students-grow-the-hell-up.html

Naw. This "let's talk about this" movement is what needs to stop. No one is trying to rewrite history, but you damn well shouldn't celebrate awful people. Fuck that noise.

Also this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/01/13/trump-rejects-white-nationalist-support.html

That's surprising. I guess even Trump has his limits.

------

Also, I think Nintendo fans are
currently
the worst.

Numb

Good morning! Here's a rundown of today's awful:

------

Also, I think Nintendo fans are
currently
the worst.

Should have listened to that warning that came with the first link

-----

What did ninty fans do this time?
Shouldn't they be silent waiting for NX and hoping nintendo doesn't do weird shit again..

Malyse

Should have listened to that warning that came with the first link

-----

What did ninty fans do this time?
Shouldn't they be silent waiting for NX and hoping nintendo doesn't do weird shit again..

The Wolf Link amiibo thread. Oh noes! They are adding a dungeon that's amiibo exclusive! Like,

1. Twilight Princess has an obscene number of dungeons.
2. There's a ton of other content in the game.
3. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I'm certain that this one thing won't be the only thing added to TP.

The Wolf Link amiibo thread. Oh noes! They are adding a dungeon that's amiibo exclusive! Like,

Isn't the issue that they WANT to buy it but they're limited? That seems like a fair complaint to me.

Numb

You can't please them
Arguments for amiibos to have them unlock in game stuff instead of being just toys are made
And when they do it is considered as you said

Malyse

Isn't the issue that they WANT to buy it but they're limited? That seems like a fair complaint to me.

There hasn't been an amiibo bundled with a game that wasn't released as a stand alone later. There will be a reprint or another amiibo with the same NFC released near Zelda Wii U's launch. And amiibo aren't that damned rare anymore. I've seen them used in Gamestop; the drought has been over for a long time.

Also, we already know it will be sold apart.

0gFDVhJV0tOpG7SGVbTi2MNaIVVFQYA8.png

Numb

Nothing is rare here but people aren't falling over themselves for them either. Yarn Yoshi too expensive.
Gonna have to get that Bayo amiibo

There hasn't been an amiibo bundled with a game that wasn't released as a stand alone later. There will be a reprint or another amiibo with the same NFC released near Zelda Wii U's launch. And amiibo aren't that damned rare anymore. I've seen them used in Gamestop; the drought has been over for a long time.

Also, we already know it will be sold apart.

0gFDVhJV0tOpG7SGVbTi2MNaIVVFQYA8.png

Perhaps, it just doesn't seem like something you'd assign "the worst" too.

Malyse

Nothing is rare here but people aren't falling over themselves for them either. Yarn Yoshi too expensive.
Gonna have to get that Bayo amiibo
Bae, Corrin, Cloud and Roy are the only ones I'll be picking up. I already have all the others I want. Except the ones I want that don't exist.

Nintendo logic:

We'll make six versions of Mario and six versions on Yoshi that all have the same NFC, so they all do the same thing.

Huh? Why would we want to make Female!Robin and Female!Kamui amiibo?

😒

Numb

Bae, Corrin, Cloud and Roy are the only ones I'll be picking up. I already have all the others I want. Except the ones I want that don't exist.

Nintendo logic:

We'll make six versions of Mario and six versions on Yoshi that all have the same NFC, so they all do the same thing.

Huh? Why would we want to make Female!Robin and Female!Kamui amiibo?

��

30th anniversary pixel Mario is cool tho and Yan Yoshi. Mostly cos they stand out so much.
King Dedede Cloud and Bayo only here. Will skip Cloud but not sure yet
Where the fuck is that Wii U slim breh, that Wii U mini

I need that Wii U mini
Doubt it for now
Wii U is struggling so hard. Although if the NX doesn't have BC for Wii U with it's gamepad then there might be a chance of it.

Malyse

xL45T71.png

I guess it wouldn't be a good look for a console to be smaller than it's controller.

PS-vita-tv-820x420.jpg

30th anniversary pixel Mario is cool tho and Yan Yoshi. Mostly cos they stand out so much.
King Dedede Cloud and Bayo only here. Will skip Cloud but not sure yet
Doubt it for now
Wii U is struggling so hard. Although if the NX doesn't have BC for Wii U with it's gamepad then there might be a chance of it.

I really prefer the Female Robin pose.

Of course there was one really simple solution:

hooded_robin_ssb4_by_simplederk-d7rfube.png

Also

Slayven

Numbs reminds me that there are only 3 Black superhero characters will cold powers. But oddly enough they also have heat powers to go with them
149527-139365-equinox.jpg

369276-58612-joshua-clay.jpg

3255880-wolverine+and+the+x-men+033-005.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I was on Tinder (yeah, yeah) and I got matched with this cutie. She likes sports, good looking, etc. We were chatting back and forth and she added pictures to her profile. One of them is at what it appears to be a strip club. There is a stage in the background and chairs around.

Even if she is not a stripper, who in the hell is posting pics from a strip club on a dating app unless she is about that life. I intend to find out.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

thats not good rationalization for locking content behind a toy though.

Numbs reminds me that there are only 3 Black superhero characters will cold powers. But oddly enough they also have heat powers to go with them
149527-139365-equinox.jpg

369276-58612-joshua-clay.jpg

3255880-wolverine+and+the+x-men+033-005.jpg

I asked you about this a while back, remember? There is one black superhero with only ice powers, as far as I can tell:

NEdgVKNjGI8fgm_1_b.jpg

Frozone!

Parallax

A toy with functionality across at least eight games is a better deal than DLC.

its a doubled edged sword. jumping on it at release means you get it at retail, and if it has actual function then thats great, but if you get a game second hand and want to get the content that went with the toy? you better hope its at a sensible price, or you may have to go elsewhere to get what you need

Malyse

Not really.

Explain how buying something eight times is better than buying it once?

its a doubled edged sword. jumping on it at release means you get it at retail, and if it has actual function then thats great, but if you get a game second hand and want to get the content that went with the toy? you better hope its at a sensible price, or you may have to go elsewhere to get what you need

Zelda amiibo have always been in stock. Even at the worst of times, there were always Zelda amiibo.

And it's not like Zelda hasn't been doing this shit for ages. Buy both Oracle games for the real ending. Play on GBA for an extra shop. Play Link's Awakening on GBC for an exclusive dungeon. Et cetera.

Parallax

Zelda amiibo have always been in stock. Even at the worst of times, there were always Zelda amiibo.

And it's not like Zelda hasn't been doing this shit for ages. Buy both Oracle games for the real ending. Play on GBA for an extra shop. Play Link's Awakening on GBC for an exclusive dungeon. Et cetera.

each of those has its own value outside of collecting though.

You're assuming that everyone actually wants all eight of those games and their amiibo functionality. For the Nintendo diehards that will buy all or most of the relevant titles, sure, each amiibo could represent a great value proposition. For the people who may only want one or two games, amiibos gate access to content that may be interesting but not necessarily substantial enough by itself to be worth the price of an amiibo.

If amiibos are really as generous in value as you imply, then wanting Nintendo to make a game's amiibo functionality available as separate, paid DLC shouldn't be an unreasonable desire.

Top Bottom